Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Teens Drinking Illegally

Snicks Guy:

GET A LIFE.

He's probably some sort of parent who suspicious of his sons/daughters and his friends on a cruise.

I don't know who you are, or whether or not you're actually a teen or a baby-boomer, but in all honesty...

NO ONE CARES.

Old April 17th, 2004, 02:50 PM
brousw1a

Default Re: Re: Teens Drinking Illegally

Hi Realpunx14 no its not illegal, just a rule of the cruise lines. Once you're in international waters U.S. laws don't apply. That's why nobody really cares too much about it like other ppl have posted.
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:59 PM
M1112

Well guys/girls...I won't try and lie...I'm a dad. I'm not so worried about the 18 year olds. I'm more concerned with the 14 year olds. Last cruise a 14 year old girl got pretty tanked and passed out. Guess where? Yup, someone's cabin. While the details of what happened to her are beyond this board, suffice it to say it isn't something she is happy about! Supposedly she was slipped a drink or two, but I don't believe that...not watching her activity on the first few nights.

So, you want to drink, fine. Just be ready for the consequences. Girls, watch yourselves. The mind of a drunk 18-20 year old male is focused on few things...and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Okay, this is how it is. Read the terms of service. You are not alloqwed to make personal attacks on individual and if you do your posts will be deleted and if you continue your Internet Service Provider will be notified and trust me, they will terminate your service as they do not wish trouble from a large website like Cruisemates. Lets keep it polite. You do not have to agree, and truthfully we want differant opinions but you MUST respect others. In addition, we do not allow anyone to promote illegal activities and drinking by a minor IS illegal. Browsu1a you are incorrect. The ship do go by the laws of the homeport or the port that they sail from which in most cases is Florida where drinking alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 is illegal. On one line they do drop it to 18 after they leave territorial waters but believe it when I tell you that any adult that supplies a minor with alcohol CAN be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Not hype, just fact. In addition any bartender caught serving alcohol to a minor for any reason is terminated and put off at the next port so don;t anyone believe that they are willing to put their job on the line to give some teen a drink.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Cruisemates, Inc.

Old April 25th, 2004, 02:31 PM
BuRniNgHeAT

M1112 thanks for your honesty its appreciated.....i am 14 and i think teen drinking is wrong but I must say that I really think if someone wants to do something stupid [like drinking] they shouldnt be reported for it....especially by another teen. well anyway.....i hope everyone stops attacking each other everyone has different opinions......

~Ally
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Yes, I'm a teen, my birthday's 1-18-89, I disagree w/ teens getting drunk. One glass of wine or something is okay. Bolting ten tequilas is not. Use your judgement people.
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

i have the same bday as u kmansfield13!!! lol...ya..random comment.
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

i have a friend born a year and 4 days earlier, if that really matters...

Old April 28th, 2004, 06:14 PM
stunner

haha snicks is from vegas 89119. Im 89107 myself. Anyways when I was underage on a cruise a bartender served alcohol to me so I'm sure that happens sometimes. Also Im sure some teens get alcohol from the islands and bring it in (they dont care about age). Anyways this is a really funny topic, if you are serious about it just know no one likes a snitch. Oh and BTW some "teens" you see might be allowed to drink. Only need to be 18 on Royal Caribbean to get beer.