Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Default Teens Drinking Illegally

Hi---

Just wanted to know who I should report to on ship if I observe other teens drinking on my cruise next month.

It is my understanding that the person who buys a minor a drink will be thrown off the ship.

We as teens are way too young to handle our liquor, and need to abide by the law and rules of the ship. I don't want to see anyone breaking the law. We can all have fun without booze.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
brattygirl05

Default Re: Teens Drinking Illegally

i agree with the whole we can have fun without alcohol but you dont need to go report anyone, let them make there own mistakes - you dont really sound like a teen!
Old April 4th, 2004, 03:06 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to ttbryson

ok i dont mean to offend anyone but "Snicks Guy" doesn't sound like any teen I've met before...

if people choose to drink then why should that involve you??? just my two cents...

--------------------
HAL - Oosterdam - May 05
RCI - Mariner of the Seas - August 04
HAL - Volendam - July 03
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:52 AM
MoneyShot

why don't you just leave snicks guy. I sure hope you aren't on my ship
Old April 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM
BudLite

Dont report people, no one cares about it and everyone will just hate you, and you dont need somone old to buy you can just buy it on the islands they would sell it to a 4 year old
Old April 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
inmyworld4ever

If they bother me, then I would tell. Cause I'm going on a cruise to have fun! not to have to listen to drunk teens! But other wise I would leave them alone.
Old April 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM
cmh89

same here inmyworld
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

thrown off the ship? as in thrown OVERBOARD? you shouldn't report them it would be their own mistake...if they wanna drink then let them
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

i doubt they'd get in that much trouble as to be taken off the ship honestly

Old April 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM
taRaA

snicks guy doesnt even sound like a teen! but dont report kids unless u want to RUIN THEiR VACATiON!!!!
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:54 PM
MoneyShot

who said teen drinking was wrong anyway? I am 18 now but I have been socially drinking since I was 15 and I was always responsible enough not to act like an idiot. Sometimes it is necessary to have even more fun
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:21 PM
XxDemonKkKiDxX

I wonder where Snicks Guy went, he must not want to reply.
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Toezap

Some kid on our last cruise got drunk...all the other kids kept my sister and her friend out of the teen club while he was in there. Then they came over to my dad and I. Man it was funny to watch them high-tail it outta there!

I know at one place my mom got me a glass of champange. I think it was legal wherever we were docked, but I don't know about on board the ship. Anyways, it was gross, so I gave it back to her.
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Toezap

Default Re: Re: Teens Drinking Illegally

Hmmm...after going back and reading all that, I must disagree with most of you. Although it will probably throw that most of you into a hissy fit considering what else you wrote...

Not being allowed to drink until a certain age is reasonable, which is why there is a law for it. I understand that on cruises it doesn't seem like it would do much harm...maybe a drink or two? Or how about vigin drinks? My parents don't care if I get virgin daquiris, pina coladas, or whatnot.

I understand about leaving the people who are drinking alone, Snicks Guy...maybe ask them why they are drinking, or tell them it would be better if they weren't and wait to see if they do it again? Plus, there are cameras all over the ship, especially in the teen clubs. Oh, and for who to tell, since you are a teen, tell the counselor person.

As to Snicks Guy being an adult--I'm sure you will say that of me, but, not so, even if you don't believe me. I was born on Sept. 14, 1989.

Another point--those of you who are scorning such...well, advice? not quite...are precisely the ones doing such things. Anyone doing this on a regular basis probably isn't a very mature person...no matter what they think. A few unsavory characters I know rise to mind...

Okay, who wants or especially needs alchohol? If you are a teen, or younger, the former isn't very good, and the latter isn't normal.
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

i jus wanna know what possessed you to dance with the bartenders crewzinkween?

Old April 5th, 2004, 08:13 PM
XxDemonKkKiDxX

My sister hung around the bar on the Brilliance of the Seas, the one in the crown. And the bartenders gave her free drinks when ever she was there, any drink...
Old April 6th, 2004, 07:30 AM
brousw1a

BTW, it's not a question of "legality". Once the ship leaves port it is legal for anybody to drink. Cruise lines have a POLICY of not serving to ppl under 18 (or 21 depending on line), but no laws are being broken if someone younger drinks alcohol while at sea.
Old April 6th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

it might just be me but i feel like snicks guy just wants to get us worked up

Post Edited (04-06-04 08:19)
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

hey everyone i think the snicks guy really needs to get a life becuz us kids need to have a lil excitment in our life and a cruise is the best way to do it and for you to tell on pppl for havin a good tyme then that is just pitaful seriously well im sailing on the triumph and im gunna party hard so peace xoox
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

I agree with Duct_tape_pro, I think this topic needs a rest! Almost every other post it about drinking, some do it- some dont!

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:26 PM
kelsie

IF PEOPLE WANT TO DRINK WHOS BUISNESS IS IT BUT THIER OWN?
Old April 12th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Realpunx14

I agree with everything said above and have a question for brousw1a....can you tell me more about it being legal to drink because I thought it was still illigal.
Old April 12th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to kellykimmelman Send a message via MSN to kellykimmelman Send a message via Yahoo to kellykimmelman

I didnt' and still dont like the idea of kids drinking, but on my cruise, there was a lot of drunk teens and i just let them do whatever they wanted becuase it was so funny while they were drunk becuse they didnt know what they said or did and the next morning you could tell them they stripped or gave a gay/lesbian show and they will freak out becuase they won't remember it (cuz it didnt happen!) So i thought i wouldnt like all the kids drinking, and it seemed kind of odd, but security didnt do anything about it so.. theres not much you can do if you wanted to.

Rhapsody of the Seas - April 2004
Old April 12th, 2004, 07:56 PM
noneofyourbuz

Snicks Guy, first of all it seems like your jelous of peole who are going to be able to drink, your parents are probably the types who have a personal breathalyzer to test you to see if you are drinking, (to order one of these email me and I can help you 14.99) so dont spoil it for everybody else and, most teens are smarter then you, if they are gonna drink its not gonna be noticable, its going to be in a cup not a bottle, I have information on liquor on Cruise ships if anybody needs it. and Snicks Guy I hope you smarten up by your cruise.
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Scubarick Send a message via Yahoo to Scubarick

I think we scared him away, he only posted once
Old April 14th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Yeah, me too!

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Yeoman

i agree with what you're saying, but for 18, shouldn't you have better spelling skills??

Old April 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

ive been trying NOT to post on this one but guys come on just let this post die ..... i think this was just a joke by one of the teens here who used a diff name to post it so just let this die

Old April 14th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Yeoman

maybe i enjoy taking my anger out on a schmuck like this, if you don't agree w/ us replying, then ignore this thread, don't get involved, it isn't affecting YOU and YOUR existence, is it?? so if i wanna do something then just let me!

Old April 14th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Snicks Guy:

GET A LIFE.

He's probably some sort of parent who suspicious of his sons/daughters and his friends on a cruise.

I don't know who you are, or whether or not you're actually a teen or a baby-boomer, but in all honesty...

NO ONE CARES.