Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:24 AM
tylar (butterbean)

Default sneaking liquor on

hey, what would be the best way to sneak liquor on Carnival, I've heard lots of people are using water bottles, but is there anything else i can use . Also did you bring the liquor from here or did you buy it in the Carribean?
_____Thanks_____
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: sneaking liquor on

Encouraging illoegal activities or discussing them is not alloo9wed on this website and these posts WILL be deletyed and your Internet Provider notified that you are violating the terms of service and you may well have your Internet account trerminated. Explain that to your parents. Follow the rules and this is a great place but we will not tolerate violation of the terms of service. Read them.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old April 25th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

QUOTE-
"I know... I've passed out a couple of times on cruises. Sometimes you don't know how much you drink! I don't remember New Year's. In some ways I regret it becuase it's like it never happened."

Adam
Hey Adam,
Here you have it in your own words, try to explain your way out of this!! I think we should all do exactly what Jim is suggesting and drop the drinking discussions .
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:18 PM
cheer_brat_06

ok i was kinda mad when i wrote that sorry 4 n e thing i said but there has been alot of teens on here that have been saying weird stuff
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to xxcpbeautyxx Send a message via AIM to xxcpbeautyxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxcpbeautyxx

.·:*¨¨*:·. Hey Tyler...I'm not sure about how to sneak liquor onboard Carnival ships but when I bought a small bottle of rum in Mexico, all I did was put it in my pocket b4 I boarded the ship {monarch of the seas} & I didn't run into any problems. .·:*¨¨*:·.

|T|R|A|C|Y|

Fascination 8/01

Ecstasy 4/04
Old April 27th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Wow, guys...just think before you post. if its about illegal activities...dont post it here.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:40 PM
stunner

lol if your gonna notify someones internet provider for tryin to figure out how to sneak liquor on board a ship you got too much time on your hands but yeah my lips are sealed so figure it out yourself if you really need to.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:47 PM
stunner

but ya this is probably not the best board to ask about alcohol lol
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:08 PM
SeanH

Hi,

My friend went on Carnival about a month ago and he said that empty shampoo bottles(cleaned out a couple times) filled with alcohol was the way to go for sneaking it on.
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:10 PM
SeanH

Editing my last post. I asked some other people about it today, and I have heard of some getting caught. I would advise you not to risk it. You can have fun without alcohol.
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:44 PM
timmerz0817

Default Re: Re: sneaking liquor on

That is fine but I think the point being missed is it is *not* illegal. Jim Bragg is mistaken.In the high sea the law is governed by something called Martime Law (google it) which has to do with piracy mostly and sez *nothing* about teen drinking. Since its not illegal it shouldnt be a violaton of TOS to talk about it either but oh well! :P

Tim 17
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:05 AM
ScottZ

Timmerz--

You are correct but you must understand that maritime law is very broad and complex and does reach outside of piracy regulation as you pointed out.. Under maritime law, there is no particular statute or ordinance expressly regulating alcohol consumption by minors in international waters. But it is well established that the cruise line, including the captain of the vessel, has the authority to set and enforce rules involving alcohol consumption and other various illegal activity (i.e., assault, etc.) by its passengers and crew. The ability to set these rules is permissible under maritime law, otherwise, chaos would rule.

Essentially, this website's conduct is fueled by their concern for their own potential liability. In the United States, and affirmed by law regulating internet jurisprudence, it is illegal to encourage minors to consume alcohol. By allowing this rhetoric to flourish on their property, this site could be held liable for soliciting illegal activities of minors. Furthermore, this site is considered private property and they are within their rights to set rules as they deem appropriate.

Scott
Yale Law Student
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Dartoid

Hey Scott -- your reply here is very interesting. I anyway, sincerely appreciate your post. Your remarks have caused me to wonder something though, so I have a question. I'm just asking. I am NOT just trying to sir things up. So I hope this doesn't get deleted.

You say that it is illegal to encourage minors to consume alchoal and that by allowing such rhetoric to flourish on this site the owners could be liable for soliciting illegal activities of minors. What I am wondering is: how far to the owners have to take things to protect themselves? Are clearly delineated Terms of Service adequate? Are warnings necessary? Are bans required? To what extent can they take legal action and what sort of penalties might be incurred by an offender?

Truely, I'm curious at what point the company's liability is covered. Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think the imformation that Scott points out about this website is all us teens need to know and that any discussion of how far this topic can legally be discussed here is really not helpful to this site. All it will do is encourage those teens whose choose to push the limits here to keep posting. Just my thoughts
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Dartoid

Actually, Mikey, you may have a point. Perhaps, Scott, you'd be willing to reply off-line to my question?
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:17 AM
ScottZ

Dartoid--

I sent an email to you. I hope it answers your questions.

Scott
Yale Law Student
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Dartoid

Thanks Scott.

Go Harvard!
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Timothy

Sup Scott, and thx for a respectful post!

We got very little disagreeement here. Of COURSE this is a private group and they can do what they want, and of COURSE the cruise lines can set whatever rules they want .. that was my point! It's not a law in international waters just a rule. Not illegal, just a rule .. like not reserving deck chairs wit a towel!

But I gotta disagree that they r in any legal jeopardy by allowing us to talk about the Truth ... we agree that outside of the USA there is no illegality .. so how could they get in trouble? Just what statute wuld they be breaking? Can u cite one?

And just speaking to common sense dude I am 17 and I can get served with no prob with just a little finesse: politeness, friendliness, let em know ur not gonna get nutz , and tip. Heck I met the captain of Volendam with a drink in my hand and nobody got arrested for child endangerment or any such silliness like ppl have posted. Like u said, on the high seas the captain sets the rules, and it is RULES NOT LAWS!

Tim
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Albizzle

lol just ask a chill bartender to hook u up, or a really drunk person they kno the deal and don't care when there drunk lol on my 2nd cruise we got this drunk guy in a wheel chair to fight this other drunk guy...he was in the wheel chair because one nite he was too drunk and fell down the steps and hurt his leg. yea...good times.