Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:55 AM
First Mate

Default Pat Tillman

I'm sure you've all heard about Pat Tillman...and if you haven't go here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

He graduated from my high school a few years before I came in. The great this is that he showed people (particularly around my area) that my school does not have snotty smart rich kids as many other schools in my area see us, but people that actually put others infront of their own want.

It's really strange seeing like 50 news trucks parked outside your school...and then seeing you're teachers on CNN.

Post Edited (04-24-04 01:57)
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan
Default Re: Pat Tillman

god bless his family and pat's soul

Old April 24th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne

Pat is a hero! RIP Pat and God bless his family....

Old April 24th, 2004, 01:18 PM
cruisefan19

Pat is a true hero. he gave up his career and millions of dollars in salary to protect our country. he will be greatly missed
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Yeoman

Post Edited (04-24-04 13:30)
Old April 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM
EagleFan20

much love to pat and his family. he gave up a multi million doller contract to fight for are country.
Old April 24th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Admiral

I agree that Pat Tillman was a real American hero who unselfishly gave everything, including his life to serve the American people for what he believed in. His story is brought to us because he was somewhat famous and had a fantastic career in public before him that he willingly gave up for us. I hope that everyone also thinks of all the other men and women that have also laid down their lives and those that still serve, committed to the beliefs that we are serving the greater good of not only our country, but that of mankind. While the others may not have had multi-million dollar careers that they turned their back on to serve, they still served and gave up family, friends, and careers. Pat Tillmans greatest gift to America is to show that he and others gave everything they had for us.
Jim

Old April 24th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Yeoman

You are very right Jim! Others in the NFL complains their million-dollars salary is not enough, and just look at Pat....he turned down the multi-millions to serve for this country...

Old April 25th, 2004, 12:44 PM
?????????

What he did was great, but it's unfair that he's going to get so much praise for fighting in the same war that hundreds of other men and women will die anomymously in? Don't they deserve the recognition too, even though they weren't football stars?
Old April 25th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Pat Tillman

Question marks, yes you are very correct. Everyday, men and women died for the country, but I think Pat is getting more recognition because he is a football star...

Old April 25th, 2004, 08:42 PM
First Mate

Let me try to explain it from the point of view from someone who lives where he was raised and went to school.

Our school has a reputation of being a "rich, smart school" because of the area it is located in. Yes, people do have money as the average house here is around a million or so, and because of this, the children are supposed to attend their neighborhood school, which means there is the reputation of the "smart rich kid who's parents bought them their own Jag"

Many people, when I tell them what school I go to respond with "ooh that school with all the rich kids?" The thing is that it isn't so. People only see us as caring only for ourselves and our material posessions, but Pat showed that this isn't what my area is about. Sure, there maybe a few of those self centered people, but Pat turned down a multi million dollar contract, which almost anyone would have taken if they had gotten such a great opportunity, left his soon to be wife to go fight for his country. Not only did he do this, but he did not want any publicity...because he DID see himself as an ordinary man fighting as everyone else was, and DIDN'T want the recognition. When the 50 news trucks came to my school after the nation heard about the death, the teachers respected his wishes, and did not want to play him up as some "great war hero". The fact is that Pat was not the streotypical "rich kid" but instead showed the nation that there are things more important than what you own. Perhaps if he wanted publicity for this, it would not be the case, but the fact that such a known figure died in the war made it national news. True, people die every day and do not get the same recogniton, but people don't understand that Pat DIDN'T want the recognition, because he knew he was no better.

Post Edited (04-27-04 00:45)
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

You did a great job in explaining that, I believe that this has shown a number of people who have alot and want for more that there is much more to life than belongings. Its sad that a life has to be losted for some lessons to be taught but everyone has a different plan that has been chosen for them . Pat plan will make many people better because of the rode he chose.
Prayers to his family
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Yeoman

Great explanation yanna (? did i remember correctly?)!!! Now show that to the Eli Manning dude...spoiled...

Old April 26th, 2004, 12:23 AM
First Mate

Yes, its Yanna And thank you everybody.