Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NBA finals

pistons lost game 2 ... hopefully back home we'll do better though!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick
Default Re: NBA finals

Yeah, I hate the Lakers!

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

yeppppp, me too. i'm from michigan though haha.. so of course i want the pistons to win
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Passenger

Is Kobe there? I don't follow basketball. I'm a baseball chick
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

kobe plays for the lakers.. but ben wallace and rip hamilton play for the pistons!!.. they're my favorite
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:03 PM
KevinS

good girl, nicky. i noticed in one of the pictures on your photo album (good album, by the way) that a girl was wearing a red sox shirt. She rules. Go Red Sox.

Oh, and I agree...I'm sick of the Lakers.
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Wicked Fun

I noticed the same thing. I'm from the Boston area and I am a HUGE SOX fan, I went to the Superbowl in Houston this past year too for my PATS. Where are you from KevinS?
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Aaron Boone

Hey boston fans 1918. Yankees will always be better and oh yea go pistons!
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:28 PM
stunner

of course kobe was there hes the one who put the dagger in detroits heart in game 2!
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:32 PM
stunner

by the way "baseball is a boys sport during men's lacrosse season"
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:28 PM
brand new girl

that shot kobe made was sickk - i'm rooting for the pistons though because i despise la..knicks fan at heart though! believe me, i was happy enough just seeing them make it into the first round..nets are out of it so i don't really care nemore but still go pistons and ben wallace owns

carnival legend :: 7/18
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:59 PM
EagleFan20

yeah i love the nets but now i really dont care who wins i just like close games. game 2 was definetly a close one. kobe is just amazing.
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:17 PM
KevinS

Wicked Fan: I am in Maine and am a huuuuge red sox fan. I read redsox.com every day...even during the off-season. Unfortunately, I've only seen them live one time. I also like the patriots(and i'm jealous you were at the superbowl) but baseball is my favorite sport.
Aaron Boone: Very original mentioning the 1918 thing--did you come up with that on your own? That would be like me mentioning a salary cap. It's the same old argument that's way past annoying. So the Red Sox haven't won a world series in several years...that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the team. I'm not like one of those bandwagon jumpers who just cheers for winning teams like the Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys(when they were good). It's the same kind of person who goes to a race and decides they want the guy in first place to win. It takes a real man to cheer for his local team, despite their performance, because it is the team that represents him and supports his community. Speaking of men...
Stunner: Lacross is a sport for guys who have been cut from the baseball team. It's similar to people who get cut from basketball teams and wrestle. Shall we compare the average salary of a professional baseball player to that of a professional lacross layer? Wait, does lacross even have a professional team? I wouldn't know because NOBODY WATCHES IT. Yeah...call it a men's sport...whatever makes you feel tough.
Baseball rules. The athletes who play it professionally are natural born athletes who have ALSO worked hard.
Just to stay on topic....go Pistons.
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:04 PM
stunner

It's lacrosse smart guy not lacross and is everything about money? I'm sure you are gonna become a professional baseball player. You've probably never even held up a lacrosse stick in your life. Lacrosse is similar to hockey in it's toughness. Oh and go to www.majorleaguelacrosse.com for outdoor lacrosse and the NLL (actually sells out hockey arenas) for indoor. Indoor is rougher but outdoor is better. By the way I play in college and one of our best players was a former all state high school baseball player as a sophomore and he tried playing both sports and it didn't work out. What did he stick with? Lacrosse. So know your stuff before you start talking. Lacrosse has just as good of athletes as baseball players and it's a much better sport. Baseball is so boring. Come on out to Vegas and we'll see which sport is tougher. And come back cryin when the Pistons lose. Lake show in six even with an injured Malone and Fisher.
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:06 PM
stunner

By the way nobody watches it? More people went to the NCAA lacrosse finals then last years NCAA baseball finals. Lacrosse filled up most of the Baltimore Ravens stadium the past two seasons. Even the D-2 and D-3 finals had over 20,000 fans.
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:03 PM
KevinS

excuse me for not knowing how to correctly spell the wonderful game of lacrosse. It's a word I interract with so consistently that I should know it by now. Lacrosse is nowhere near as tough as hockey. You hit each other with sticks, as opposed to hitting each other with your BODY into boards at full speed. When did I ever say I was going to become a professional baseball player? I'm not even playing it in college. You tried saying baseball was for boys as opposed to men. Wow, great job comparing the college level sports. College baseball isn't as popular because people watch the MLB instead. You ask a person who isn't even into sports to name a baseball player and they can name probably 4. I'm a huge sports fan and I can't name a single lacrosse player, and i'm sure i'm not alone. I couldn't even tell you who the closest professional lacrosse team is to me. Watch any sports news station and you will get highlights of every baseball game...not a single lacrosse game. Watch even the 11:00 local news if you want to see the score of the red sox game. I guess if you want to know the score of a lacrosse game(why would you?) then you'll HAVE to go to their website. I'm not sure where you were going with the best player on your team being a former baseball player. Wouldn't that just prove that baseball players are more athletic and can easily play lacrosse if they choose to switch? Think about the skill level involved. You catch, or even pick up off the ground, the ball in a net. Then you can simply run with the ball in your net? I know there are rules saying how many steps you can take, but still. You chase down a ball and run with it. If you want to compare it's toughness, try soccer. It's the same game. You're allowed to kick people's shins as long as you're going for the ball. Don't compare it to hockey where people constantly get into fights and lay each other out.
And anyway, why did you decide to bring up toughness? I was talking about which sport was better, not which makes you feel like a bad@$$. I feel plenty tough, i don't have to cover myself with padding and play with sticks to prove it. However, I do understand why you would defend one of the few sports you haven't been cut from the team on. You go ahead and feel accomplished. You can go ahead and respond to this, try telling me again how abusive your sport is and how many broken bones you've receieved. I'm done, however, because this is about the NBA finals and I don't want to flood this with other things. My moral of the story--Baseball, America's favorite past time.
Also, I'm not about to cry if detroit loses...they aren't even my team. I'm simply cheering for the underdog. I haven't even been watching it due to red sox games being on.
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:06 PM
stunner

Everyone has their own opinion. And btw people do fight in lacrosse (mostly indoor). They get hurt a lot though cause they aren't on skates so it's a really stupid thing to do. If you think it's so easy to catch and pass with a lacrosse stick, try it out. It isn't as easy as you think. You have to constantly cradle and switch hands while getting hit with 6 foot long defensive sticks, not easy man! As for toughness, I'm a goalie. We don't wear any shin guards at all. So pretty much the majority of the protection anywhere near my legs is my cup. We have a chest protector, gloves, a helmet, and a throat guard and that's about the rest of a goalie's protection in lacrosse. I broke my thumb which ruined my season this year. Lacrosse isn't the toughest sport on the planet but it is comparable to hockey. Indoor lacrosse is just as rough as hockey. I think it takes away from the sport though. By the way I'm a huge sports fan. I haven't missed a Pittsburgh Steelers game on TV since I got DirecTV in like 6th grade. I've been a Lakers fan my entire life and watch as many games as I can, and I love the Pittsburgh Penguins (worst team in hockey this year). When I watch baseball I watch the Pirates... the baseball quote was just a phrase. I'm actually good friends with a couple guys on the baseball team believe it or not. Anyways it was a good discussion with you and I think we both made our points. I will say this - if you ever get a chance to play lacrosse try it out. You might never like it more then baseball, basketball, football or whatever other sports you like but I think you will then see how much fun it is. It takes a lot of athleticism as well which is why that former baseball player became a good lacrosse player quickly (I never said baseball players weren't good athletes). Also the # 1 growing sport in the USA is currently lacrosse, so it is gettin bigger. It'll never be up there with basketball, baseball or football but it is growing. Also one thing we will agree with is hating the Yankees. I love to hate them! You seem like a good guy, if you wanna talk sports on AIM message me: benstunner. I think we'd get along better then you might think.
Peace.
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:08 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to ttbryson

Just about the lacrosse thing...
Lacrosse is (unfortunatly) Canada's official national sport, ya i know that most ppl think its Hockey well it isn't and it should be hockey. The "NLL" does not sell out hockey arenas, I went to a Vancouver Ravens game and there was an attendance of about 3,000 people. If you're saying that Vancouver must not have enough people, well over 2,000,000 people live here just no one likes lacrosse... here anyway (where its our national sport) And if you're saying that it's cuz they play in a small or crappy arena up here in Canada, well they play in GM Place, home to the NHL Vancouver Canucks which sells out very fast for many seasons in a row at a capacity of over 18,000, and is only a few years old, so thats surely not the reason either.

Sure, they play with alot of intensity; but, its just my two cents that lacrosse sucks.

--------------------
HAL - Oosterdam - May 05
RCI - Mariner of the Seas - August 04
HAL - Volendam - July 03
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:25 PM
stunner

That's your opinion and really i dont care for indoor at all. I know in Toronto my cousins went to some NLL game and it was sold out and I know for a fact they sold out games in Colorado. If we had a NLL indoor lacrosse team I'd rarely go to the game cause indoor IMO is a crappy rip off of hockey on feet. It's not how real lacrosse is played and if you like fights and tough hitting then yeah it's for you. As for the national sport, I think lacrosse is the national summer sport and hockey is the national winter sport, or something like that? I could've sworn that's what it was.
later guys
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:41 PM
First Mate

Hell just because I'm from Cali I'm rooting for the Lakers even though I don't follow basketball.
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

GO PISONS YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to sean26

I hate the Lakers and the Yankees so much. People only like them because they got so many overpayed players who think their better than every other player. So go PISTONS and go RED SOX.

June 10, 2004 is another good day for RED SOX fans because I believe Nomar comes off the disabled list!!!!!!

I'm Out,
Sean
Old June 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Wicked Fun

Couldn't have said it better myself Sean. Actually last night was Nomar's first day back and he led off the second inning with a single into left. On behalf of all SOX fans I'd like to say "WELCOME BACK NOMAHH" ....

ps....Lets go PISTONS!!!
Old June 10th, 2004, 04:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to ttbryson

stunner, lacrosse is our only national sport. I'm Canadian. I would know.

--------------------
HAL - Oosterdam - May 05
RCI - Mariner of the Seas - August 04
HAL - Volendam - July 03
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM
stunner

http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/sc/legislation/n-16_e.cfm

NATIONAL SPORTS OF CANADA

Hockey and lacrosse to be national sports

2. The game commonly known as ice hockey is hereby recognized and declared to be the national winter sport of Canada and the game commonly known as lacrosse is hereby recognized and declared to be the national summer sport of Canada.
Old June 10th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

pistons won game 3!!! .. we're not hockey town anymore... we're basketball town!!!! goooooo pistonsss!!!!!
Old June 10th, 2004, 11:23 PM
stunner

Detroit has a tremendous defense. If LA can steal one of the next 2 (and last 2) in Detroit I think we can pull it off in 7. Hats off to Det.
Old June 11th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

just wanted to tell everyone.. even though i'm definitely a pistons fan and live in michigan and whatnot, i just saw ALL lakers in downtown birmingham on their way to the palace.. all of them! it was sooo cool lol .. but def. still a pistons fan
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

hahaha did u hear that people were honking their horns all night in front of their hotel to try to keep them up?! classic.. i love michigan :o)
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:12 PM
stunner

Billups has become a great player for detroit. Him and Rip are "rippin" our hearts out. As long as LA can take one in Detroit I see this series going to 7 and I dont think LA will lose a game 7 at home.