Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Default Rude People on cruises

I just visited the "Cruise Gripes!" forum (whoa) and the topics in there prompted me to start this topic in here. I was surprised at the adults' comments and stories about rude passengers (go over there and check it out, there are lots of heated discussions in there, it's kind of entertaining ) I was wondering what teens thought about rude behavior on cruise ships. Have you had bad experiences with seniors or other kids your age? Any comments? Are YOU guilty of rude behavior? If so, who were you being rude toward and why? If someone was being rude to you, what did you do about it?

On many of my cruises, I've witnessed lots of rude behavior, but none of them were directed toward me. And, I have NEVER been rude to anyone else. I am a good girl.
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Carnival Cruiser in Las V

Default Re: Rude People on cruises

Personally I don't have any rude stories, but I agree with you that the Gripes board is fun to read. Even makes me laugh.
Old June 18th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

On my last cruise ( the Navigator of the Seas). We got stuck sitting with this elderly Russian couple at dinner, and they complained about everything! They kept sending meals back, said that the reason the food was so bland ( I thought it was good) was because the chef was German and complaining about all the teens and kids onboard (they traveled during WINTER BREAK). The only thing they seemed to like was me, and kept complenting my behavior, but I really wanted to say something to them.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old June 18th, 2004, 11:53 AM
SuGaR_SwEeT

if you mean rude people as in old cranky people, there weren't too many on the cruise I went on last summer...but there were a lot of little spoiled girls with attitides, which I hated.
Old June 19th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Passenger

From what I've seen on my cruises, I've found the old people to be the rudest of all (and the most obnoxious, even moreso than 8 and 9 y/o's running around and screaming, but some may argue with that haha). They are the biggest naggers!
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:09 PM
runnergirl

On my last cruise there was a large family who sat at three tables near mine at dinner. They would always show up 15 or 20 minutes late which would make it harder on the waiters... and they were always really rude to the staff. Our waiters were so nice and i felt bad that the people were so rude to them.
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruzFanatic87

On most of my cruises I have meet extremely nice people. But on my last carnival cruise..the crowd was totally diffrent. Then teen disco was pretty lame so me and a couple of guys went aorund telling teens to come. I told this one girl and her friends to come and she said are you gonna be there?...and i said yea and she said well i just mine as well jump overboard...that made me go eat like 10 slices of pizza on my balcony, then i went to the disco and guess who was there??..

8-03-Carnival Legend
8-8-04:Carnival Destiny
Old June 20th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NotAnotherBlonde

hmm, well i guess this is confession time, lol.. hmm i was rude to these girls who i didnt really like and they always wore soooo short of skirts and dressed a little too badly for the people in there, they even danced with my eleven yr old brother!!! i mean, i thought it was going a little too far.. and sooo many people left the dance area just because they were taking over and would get mad if someone got i ntheir way.. so i would do backhandsprings in the middle of the dance floor. haha. for two reasons 1- to make them mad 2- cause theyre fun and i needed the practice. lol
<3 Kaitlyn
p.s. i dont think it was really THAT bad
Old June 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Britwith1t

I can take people being rude...to me cause its just liek whoa your rude but if i see people being rude to anyone else....it makes me really mad adn i have to say something especially if someone is being rude to other people.......liek last night at a restauraun this old couple was trying ot get out and they had a walker for the wife so it was harder and these people were liek barging past not holding the door and finnally i was liek LET THEM GO THROUGH and i helped them out....and the satisfaction of thank you and a smile form them let me no that i did the right thing

Old June 26th, 2004, 03:09 PM
First Mate

Ok people on cruises being rude on cruises reallly really really really piss me off. See your on a cruise and try to be nice and friendly or at least considerate too your fellow cruises. Ok i got a pholosphie that if people followed it cruising would be THE BEST ever all the time. People should always be friendly too people and try to make friends, ok if someone mouths off too you, you should finger them or make a comment.... but try to be friends with people. There was this boat i went on ok it was kinda crappy but the people were soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. They always tried to be your friends and always said hello. Except this one fukin g idiot but we took care of him and told him off. Then i went on the dawn a fabulous boat and there were tons of rude people but tons of nice people it was balanced but i like it uneven on nice
Who agrees with my pholosphie
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

the old fogues think theyre better than everyone else! lol and they treat other people real rudely
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Passenger

"People should always be friendly too people and try to make friends, ok if someone mouths off too you, you should finger them or make a comment.... "

That made me laugh
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:04 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Last week when i was on the oosterdam we got back from port early so i was gonna go up to the top deck and get some sun and listen to some music. I was walking down the hall and there was this elderly women sitting waiting to go into the spa and i just smiled at her, being polite, and she flicked me off! I was like wtf? I was telling the teen counslers about her and they were like yea its usually the kids that flick you off not the old people. That was just weird.
XoXo
Jenna
Old June 28th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to xO MaYa xO Send a message via Yahoo to xO MaYa xO

On the Carnival Victory, the disco room was rite above a lounge and from the lounge you could go up the stairs and be rite n the disco place.. Me and my friends were in there just sitting and talking and I guess there was a concert going down n the lounge and we werent even talking loud and every 5 min this old lady would yell at us to be quiet... she even said she waz going to call security.. haha it waz kina funny tho.