Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
CVChick686

Default Cell Phones

Does anyone kno how to get my parents to give me a cell phone???I want one really bad!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Twirler

Default Re: Cell Phones

Do you drive yet?
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
cruiseprincess0162

This is kinda of weird of how i got mine, but we were going to go into borders to pick up a book for my dad and in the same shopping center and we parked right in front of the at&t store and i was just saying to my mom lets go in there for fun, she was like okay. So we go in there and she sees a phone she likes and we go wait in line and then the lady presented us with a really good deal and so we went ahead and got it. I know its really weird but it worked for me!
XoXo
Jenna
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Yeah, I'm in the process of getting my mom to get me one. Hopefully by Friday.
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to shaniarocks04 Send a message via MSN to shaniarocks04

I dunno, my mom will get me one when I'm 16 (earliest)

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:29 PM
pioneer

Well...do you need a cell phone?
Old June 27th, 2004, 01:14 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to SoccerQT116

i got one cuz i told them that its easier for me to keep in touch with them when im out with friends. So they dont hav to worry so much cuz they can jus call me. Also if ur responsible they should let u. Cuz i got mine when i was 13 and im the oldest (im now 16) and my brother who is going to be 13 in july...wanted a phone lik the beginning of this past school year(so when he was 12) but my parents wouldnt let him because he isnt responible enough. Which is true because 1 hes a guy and 2 hes jus not responsible lol. Lik he forgets to let the dog out and stuff he gets focused on one thing and doesnt remember to do something lol. But i do agree with the responsiblity thing cuz my friends brother who is 11-12 has a phone and has had one for a while...jus lost his--cuz he put it in the grass or something and forgot about it. But whats the reason ur parents wont let u hav one?

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Conquest: April 4th-11th 2004
Carnival Victory: April 20th-27th 2003
Old June 27th, 2004, 06:42 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cruisechic2005 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisechic2005

mmm I drive and have had my license for almost a year, i'll be 18 in October... i don't have a cell phone, i offered to buy myself one and pay for it and everything but my parents won't let me... my mom told me i could afford it but i didn't need it... now they are letting me buy my self one next year if i want to after i graduate ( cuz of college and all it just makes sense ).... so i have no idea how to help you... sorry lol but good luck!

Unforgetable!
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Twirler

My philosophy is that anyone who drives should have one cuz you never know where you'll be in an accident!
Old June 27th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Yeah, now that I can drive my parents always want to know where I am and stuff... Cell phones are always the best... ;-)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:55 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Joefoe

i hate having one, my parents just brought one home one day cuase im never around usually and they want to know where i am
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:03 AM
TaRaa

u can always ask for one for a holiday... ur birthday.. christmas.. or anything else u celebrate
Old June 27th, 2004, 12:49 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to countthestars420

i think my parents got me one because they didn't trust me and my friends and they wanted to know what kinda "things" i was doing at all times.. ahah

it's not that great to have one.. i mean.. i thought it was cool at 1st, but now it's just a hassle.. having to charge it everynight and such.. and my parent's get mad at me when i don't leave it on.. so now i kind of wish my parent's didn't make me have one.. but whatever..

but if you're driving.. you definately should have one, incase you get into an accident or something..

Old June 27th, 2004, 03:07 PM
ClrGrd

i got mine for christmas because i am involved in the marching band and colorgard and i have to call home to get picked up after competitions and shows and because i went on a school trip to disney world just after my 15th birthday and then to Wildwood New Jersey for colorgaurd and they wanted to be able to stay in touch the and at other times....i get my permit next march so i am going to need it then to. It was great for when we were at Wildwood and i wanted to tell my parents that our drumline did really well becuse i ahve roaming and i could call them when ever.
Old June 27th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you drive yet? Explain to them that this is a way to show them you are responsible buy not losing it, staying with in your min. limits, showing them you'll keep in touch etc. That will be a way to see that you are ready for more privileges. so when you can drive they know your responsible, its worth the try to explain it rather than beg. us logic
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:35 PM
First Mate

You know cell phones are cool and all but parents can call too much and such.The problem is people get so fu**ng annoying with them in my school. Always turning on there dam ringtoned for fun,showing off and they have nextels and those dam BLEEPS annoye me so ooooooo o o o much i mean cant they at least turn it off speaker so i can stop hearing there conversation and them talking loud.
Old June 27th, 2004, 09:05 PM
bobbles

I got one when my brother went to college. good points to bring up are...its easier to get rides. You can tell them where you are. it is good for emergencys. they can usualy get a family plan and add you on for $10. It helps keep in touch. If you are on a sport you can call them instead of having them come up at a certain time, saving them time if you are running late.
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:41 PM
CVChick686

well c my sis has one and I I want one to cuz I hang out with my friends a lot. The phone my sis has was supposed to be our FAMILY phone, but she took it with her all the time. Now she is going away to school in the fall and we might get another one...hopefully I will get to keep it with me. Thanks for the advice!!
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I just got mine today. My mom said she wanted it for when I was out with friends.
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Lauren G.

I have had my phone for like a couple of months and I'm 15, but the only reason i got it was bc i was either always out with friends or i had some softball or basketball games to go to...so thats why i got mine..lol.