CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Paradise cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/291006-paradise-cruise.html)

Greryan July 22nd, 2004 05:58 PM

Paradise cruise

Is anyone going on the Paradise cruise leaving August 1st out of Miami (EASTERN CARRIBEAN)? I have an older brother 16, I am 14 and a younger brother 11. I live on the west coast and my friends don't talk about taking vacations in the carribean generally. Just want to know if some teens are out there and are going to be on this ship? Thanks...

Twirler July 22nd, 2004 06:12 PM

Re: Paradise cruise

Well, I'm not going on your cruise, but I was on your ship earlier this summer! It was so awesome and you will have a wonderful time! I'm sixteen. MEET PEOPLE AS SOON AS YOU CAN WHEN YOU GET ON!!!! Have a wonderful time!

Greryan July 22nd, 2004 06:25 PM

Re: Re: Paradise cruise

Thank you for replying to me. I am almost 15 and my older brother is almost 17. Any suggestions as to how to meet people/ where to meet them as soon as I get on. Where did you hang out? Were there a lot of teens on your cruise? Just curious are you a girl? - not that it makes any difference, it just seems that you are so helpful...

THX!

Twirler July 22nd, 2004 06:40 PM

Yes, I'm a girl. ;-) It really just depends on the teens on your cruise as to where they hang out and stuff. Of course, there were always a lot of people around the pool. Then there is some ping pong tables on the next deck up kind of overlooking the pool and there were usually a group of teens there. At the end of the ship on that same deck there is another smaller pool, a hot tub, and a basketball court. There were lots of teens there usually too. Let me encourage you and your brothers to not be shy. Go up and talk to other teens (especially girls)! Take it from me, I loved it when guys would come up and hit on me and we usually would hang out a lot after that! Let me know if you are into dancing and I'll give you the 411 on the discos. That's a good place to hang out once you meet people.

Twirler July 22nd, 2004 06:49 PM

By the way, what ports are ya'll going to?

Greryan July 22nd, 2004 09:19 PM

Re: Re: Paradise cruise

I am friendly and like to talk to girls once I get going. I do like to dance so what is the 411 on the discos? ... where , what kind of music, dances etc.. anything would be helpful...

The ports we are going to are St Thomas, Nassau and Campo de something in the domican republic (I think) What did you do at these ports?

Twirler July 22nd, 2004 10:00 PM

Well, in St. Thomas, I would suggest going to the beach there. I can't remember what it was called b/c I didn't go, but some other people who were with us went and that was there favorite thing about the whole cruise. There's really not much to do in the Dominican Republic. We got back on the ship after about 2 hours. My brother and his best friend went snorkeling in Nassau. I went shopping at all three places. :-) Alright, here's the deal with the discos: I would suggest meeting up with people and then going into the teen disco (Spirals is the name of it) and trying to get it going. Otherwise, don't waste your time. Your older brother, on the other hand, could probable sneak into the Rex (the disco for 18+). I did, but it doesn't really get going until about 11:30. If you look and act old for your age, you may could get in. There's a back entrance that you can find by hearing the music. It's over by some bathrooms. They are usually checking id's at the front entrance though. Not always, but usually. They play pretty good music in both discos. People are usually "booty dancin" in the Rex. I don't know about Spirals dancin cuz nobody ever got that one going while I was in there. We tried, but failed. :-/ Really, you will only have as much fun as you let yourself. If you sit back and wait for the fun to come to you, you might be waiting a while. I mean, we had fun just swimming and hanging out and talking and stuff. We didn't have to have stuff to keep us occupied b/c we entertained ourselves. If you have a girlfriend back home, you might not have as much fun b/c you'll have to worry about staying faithful. Or you could just go by the motto of "What happens on a cruise stays on a cruise!" LOL! Just have fun and live it up!

Twirler July 22nd, 2004 10:06 PM

Since this looks like this post is just between me and you so far, you can email me instead if you want. Just click on the blue "Twirler" above and it should show my email address.