CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   MUSTER DRILLS horror stories (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/291050-muster-drills-horror-stories.html)

djboomb July 25th, 2004 08:00 PM

MUSTER DRILLS horror stories

Ok i was on the voyager and this guy pasted out we were waiting outside so dam long.
Also do they call it a musterdrill because we have life jackets colored like musterd bottles maby we should have a ketchup drill too.

Cruisechic2005 July 25th, 2004 08:25 PM

Re: MUSTER DRILLS horror stories

When i was on the Dawn Princess, our musterdrills were not long, and the vests were Orange...

Tauruschick July 25th, 2004 08:26 PM

Ours were orange on the Navigator, too. The lifejackets do hurt your neck after awhile. It was really hot outside, too.

v1nd1cated July 25th, 2004 08:44 PM

ours were orange, and it was really boring........i was getting freaked out cuz I was wondering what would happen if the ship really was sinking

**cruising on 8/1 EMPRESS OF THE SEAS :-D

DanPolulak July 25th, 2004 09:00 PM

I never really think much of it, it only takes like 20 min- no horror stories involved.

cruiseprincess0162 July 25th, 2004 09:35 PM

when we were goin down to the muster staion down stairs this really, really fat lady fell down the stiars. it turned out her whole family was really fat cause her mom had to be in a wheel chair cause of her large size.
xoxo
Jenna

duct_tape_pro July 26th, 2004 10:18 AM

when i was on the fantasy in january i had a horror story.... it was OT in the pakers playoff game, 15 seconds left, tie game and green bay had the ball then the guy came out and said "evrybody in here for the musterdrill" i was thinking i dont think so

majorcutie July 26th, 2004 12:34 PM

yea all the cruises ive been on the life jackets have been orange.... i dont remember but disneys was but ya ne wayz ive had 2 skary times.. on the victory my grandmom had passed out during the drill so when it was over n i started 2 talk bak down 2 my room 2 put the jakets in the room i saw her on layin down passed out on the deck... really scary 4 me ... another time was i was on the paradise i believe and we were docked in cozumel but i didnt know it n all of a sudden the sound they use for the drill went on n i got really really scared i thought we were sinkin n like i saw all these fire fighters on the ship n then i saw them start 2 lower the lifeboats into the water i was like freakin out like u would not believe

zestibwak July 26th, 2004 04:31 PM

during one drill a really old guy past out and he kept asking for Marvin and there was no marvin it was really sad

mikey09 July 26th, 2004 08:21 PM

My family always tries to be the LAST ones to the drill so we are positioned in the front of the lines or on the ends ..this way we can be the first ones out of there and have to wait the least amount of time. Just a hint for you for your next cruise!

linsey July 27th, 2004 04:39 PM

well my story isnt horrible just..... embarrassing!!! this cute guy was on right next to my family during the muster drill and of course i was smiling at him and stuff.... my brother grabbed my life jacket straps and tugged and OF COURSE i have to go flying to the ground!! he kind of laughed and i was soo embarrassed to talk to him the rest of the time on the cruise.... i now regret not talking to him