Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Default Who here hit really rough seas

Who hear it really rough seas. When i was on the dawn i hit 20-34ft waves the whole time i was on it. It did rock alot and i was kinda scared about going on the open deck that my hat and stuff would all blow off the ship and on the voyager we had some rough seas didnt rock the voyager much but we were gonna go out side and the crew guy was like no you cant and me and these other kids said no problem.
Did you guys it rough seas oh and beware of febuary out of NYC.
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak
Default Re: Who here hit really rough seas

Yeah, ask Lindsey she has a good story... hahahahaha

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sounds fun, tell us the story Lindsey lol

Carnival Glory - 7/31/04
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to SoccerQT116

o god dan! haha. It was our last night on victory and we were on our way back to miami and we hit a storm...Dan was with me in the store buying film, and we had jus gotten in line and it was a pretty long line since it was the last day. And Dan had noticed that the cashier was from mexico or some place that speaks spanish--so he was gona ask him in spanish how much film was and wen we were the second people on line the boat started turning one way. The rum bottles came to the front of the shelves (they would have fallen off if the barrier thing wasnt around the shelf) and then outside the store they had clothes racks and they rammed into the glass windows. So dan and i ran outa the store freaked out. Now that i think about it i really dont no where we were running to lol. But we jus ran. And as we're running we were running up hill and stuff it was crazy. So it calmed down and the boat was level again so we went back and got the film. And then we went to the back of the boat and saw the trial of the water and saw that we had turned. And then the captain came on the speaker and said that he was turning to go around the storm. But it was still bumpy after that. But definitely not as bad as in the store lol. My mom said after, that they were in the room and the curtains on the windows hit the bed. Thats how much of sharp turn we took. It was crazy...definitely a great memory between me and dan haha.

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Conquest: April 4th-11th 2004
Carnival Victory: April 20th-27th 2003
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on a cruise and all the stuff in our bathroom slide off the counter, I opened my cabin door and everyone was looking out in to the hall to see what was going on. It was like the ship also made a sudden turn to avoid a storm. It was freaky. Everyone was discussing it at dinner.
Old July 31st, 2004, 02:58 PM
First Mate

Yeah..we had really bad weather last yr on brilliance of the seas..the whole ship was slanted n everyone was screaming. all passengers were warned 2 stay inside as there was thunder and lightnin n a basketball got blown over board..pretty bad
Old July 31st, 2004, 04:50 PM
cruiseprincess0162

on our cruise on the norway on the last night when we were comming back from great sturip cay we hait 22 ft seas
it was kinda freaky but so much fun!
xoxo
Jenna
Old July 31st, 2004, 09:08 PM
anonomyous

Well I was on a cruise in Asia and were were in the Southern China Seas? or something like that. So I was in the restaurant having tea and the tables were just leaning and swaying, and many plates and cups broke. Some waiters even tripped and the like, I was young so it was very scary.
Old August 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruzFanatic87

On my first cruise(Carnival Destiny-going back to new york from nova scotia) we were watching a show i nthe theater and I guess we hit a big wave and all you could see the chandiler swaying dangerously back and forth and people screaming....that was scary..

8-03-Carnival Legend
8-8-04:Carnival Destiny
Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:26 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

yea ive hit sum really rouch waves b4 ... it was fun ... tryin 2 walk down the hall n everything n u couldnt walk straight just kept bumpinin to ppl n laughin ... there was 1 time that there was a hurrican on itz way 2 miami as we were n the captain said that we mite have 2 just dock in the water until miami is clear 2 go bak 2 ... it was really bad n horrible waves but still fun
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to shannonfromhawaii Send a message via MSN to shannonfromhawaii Send a message via Yahoo to shannonfromhawaii

My worst experiences were one time when i was painting my nails i hadn't noticed we were going straight into a storm..all of a sudden we started rocking and my nail polish dumped all over the ground (oopsies! i bet they didn't like that one..) then lightening struck about 10ft away from the railing. i've never heard something so loud in my life.

another weird thing that happened, this wasn't storm related, but a long time ago, maybe 9 years ago, we were on a carnival cruise ship out of la and on one of the last days i noticed everyone started going to one side of the boat pointing at something.. so i went over too and wtf at another cruise ship coming STRAIGHT for us? like honestly, i thought they were gonna crash into us, i have no idea how they couldn't have seen us. although looking back, i mean i know they must've seen us. anyway, it was the ODDEST thing. somehow the timing worked out that we got out of the way..even though i dont think we were ever in danger of really being hit, it was sorta an illusion i think.. it looked closer than it was.
anyway how would you feel to see a huge boat coming straight for yours?
yeah not soo good
okay those are my stories!