Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Beginner

Default Suicide

I was just wondering if anyone needs someone to talk to about suicide or depression. I have been through it before and I'd like to help people who are still going through it. You're not alone in your thoughts but you do need help. I'm not here to judge you or say that you're a bad person because your not, I just want you to have someone to talk to. If you'd like to talk you can instant message me at LoseMeInLuv
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2004, 06:19 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Default Re: Suicide

yea im not any more but i was for a while and i had to see a shrink......my parents said the shrink freaked them out more then my suicide n depression stuff........
xoxo
Jenna
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

yea i went thru all that stuff 2 the depression .. not so much the suicide ... but i knew i needed help .... ive seen a theropist all my life pretty much .. guess not the rite one but then 3 years ago i found 1 n im on the rite meds n im bak 2 my old self ... b4 the depression... i get my moments every now n again but im pretty much doin alot better... n it wasnt just depression that i had it was also social anxitey .. but again im alot better with that ... not as much as i usta have... i just wish my depression n anxiety didnt get as far as it did ... i was put into a partial program itz called horsham clinic didnt need 2 stay over nite or ne of that just the day program ... that 2 helped me out alot it made me do alot of thinkin n realized tons of stuff ... i usta b afraid 2 talk bout all this but now im not itz part of who i am n if ppl dont like that then tuff their missin out on a great person ... so if ne 1 wants 2 ever talk u'z can always im me Lilgchottie926 is my sn

Love
Lindsay

sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:12 AM
MoneyShot

isnt this a cruise board? why are you mentioning suicide here?
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:10 AM
KevinS

"I was just wondering if anyone needs someone to talk to about suicide or depression. I have been through it before and I'd like to help people who are still going through it."

Which have you been through, suicide or depression?
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

you can go thru both smart one

Old August 30th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Nat

you can go through suicide?

and then post on this bored?

wow..now thats a talent, killing yourself than posting from the dead.
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

nat, i think he measn thinking seriously about it, or attempts
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:05 AM
KevinS

Either way, Rand, Nat got the joke and you and mr. tape genius junior did not.
If they meant thinking seriously about it or attempts then they should have said that.
Maybe i need to move to the adult board...
Old August 31st, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

why do you think its a joke Kev its a serious thing

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:08 AM
KevinS

...nevermind, it's over your head
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:33 AM
Yeoman

it not over my head KS but ppl can be serious about things not all of life is a joke (sorry i bet that was over your head)

Old September 1st, 2004, 08:36 PM
KevinS

it wasn't over my head but it was definitely a run-on sentence. Use punctuation, it saves breath when you're reading it.
I never implied that this depressed person was joking, i was referring to MY joke where i asked whether they had been through depression or suicide. They worded it wrong and only Nat noticed that even after I mentioned it. You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't--that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you...I don't typically interract with people like you more than I have to.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:27 AM
Dartoid

it wasn't over my head but it was definitely a run-on sentence. Use punctuation, it saves breath when you're reading it. I never implied that this depressed person was joking, i was referring to MY joke where i asked whether they had been through depression or suicide. They worded it wrong and only Nat noticed that even after I mentioned it. You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't--that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you...I don't typically interract with people like you more than I have to.

Hey Kevin...

Give Duct Tape Dude a break. Below is YOUR grammar and punctuation "advice" to HIM, corrected. Next time, before you attack somebody for how they write, you might learn something yourself about capitalization, semi-colons, use of commas and periods, agreement between subjects and verbs, tenses, when and when not to use adverbs, proper spacing and precise word selection. Have a nice day, Bozo.

Dartoid

(I)t wasn't over my head ( but (delete "but") it was definitely (delete "definitely") a run-on sentence. Use punctuation( it saves (helps prevent) breath (jettison "breath" and replace with "confusion" or "misunderstanings") when you're reading it (delete "when you're reading it " -- and end sentence). I never implied ( replace "implied" with either "claimed, argued, suggested") that this depressed person (the depressed poster) was joking(.) I was referring to MY joke (post)(,) where(in) (I) asked whether they (the original poster) had been through depression or suicide (themself). They (Their) post was worded it (delete "it")wrong (replace "wrong" with "unclearly") (end sentence). (O)nly Nat noticed that (delete "that")(,) even after I mentioned it. (New paragraph) You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't (space) -- (space) that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you... (period) I don't typically interract with people like you more than I have to (delete "I have to" and replace with "absolutely necessary").

Therefore:

It wasn't over my head; it was a run-on sentence. Use punctuation; it helps prevent confusion. I never suggested that the depressed poster was joking. I was referring to MY post, wherein I asked whether the original poster had been through depression or suicide themself. Their post was worded unclearly. Only Nat noticed, even after I mentioned it.

You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't -- that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you. I don't typically interract with people like you more than absolutely necessary.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Not all of your corrections were necessary.....

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old September 2nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Dartoid

Hey Tauruschick...

How about explaining?

Dartoid
Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:33 PM
Yeoman

it seems that ks is making fun of ppl more than life...... oh and BTW your punctuation thing was completely irrelevant (or was that over your head).
and i am not some "Self-pittying duct tape addict" that the same as me calling you a loser who loves himself so much he uses his real name .... but i would not say something like that cuz im a nice person

Post Edited (09-02-04 17:40)
Old September 2nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Dartoid

Hey Duck Boy...

If what you just wrote makes sense then, yes (I admit it), it was over my head. It now occurs to me that what Kevin had to say about you, quite possibly, was correct. Quack. Quack.

Dartoid
Old September 2nd, 2004, 05:47 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Suicide

ok dartoid kev why do you think im some duct tape addict, its cool but thats it and kev is at it again with his mean and nasty aditude like he was like in the venting post

Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Yeoman

Hey Dartoid, nice to have you back, did you go on your cruise yet? If so, how bout a review?
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
KevinS

dartoid, my point wasn't that he needed to use perfect spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. I just asked that he use some sort of punctuation so my face didn't turn blue trying to read the entire thing at once. However, thanks for whipping out your amazing writing skills and impressing everyone. I really appreciate you taking all that time proofreading my teen cruise board post. You made yourself look great when you randomly called me a bozo at the end. Oh, then there's the part where you acknowledged I was right about duct tape pro yet never apologized to me. Hey, could you please proofread this message and correct all the mistakes? I don't want Dan Polulak to give me a bad grade.
Tape Man: i'm still done with you.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:01 PM
Yeoman

I just have a quick Q for you Mr.Skalski, how old are you? (was that better?)

Old September 3rd, 2004, 06:43 AM
Dartoid

Default Was "suicide" but ain't no more!

Cruise Puppy: Thank you. I am cruising in November. I promise you I will write a review. Stay tuned.

Duck Boy: I've switched back to Kevin's point of view. You make no sense. You're the bozo.

Kevin: I apologize.

Taususchick: I'm disappointed that you haven't answered my question.

Dan Polulak: You are my idol.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Yeoman

how am i a bozo dartoid*?

*loser

Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:53 AM
Dartoid

Sorry Duck Boy. "Bozo" was a poor word choice. You're not a clown; you're just dumber than a rock.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Dartoid, if you want me to reply, then spell my name correctly. A few words were taken out that could have been left in. I don't have time right now to go into specifics, especially since you've now changed sides. It seems to me that everyone should just drop it.

Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:47 AM
KevinS

tauruschick you so sexy.
tape, i'm 19.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 11:42 AM
Dartoid

Tauruschick...

I am SO sorry (and embarrased) for spelling your name wrong! And I'm sorry for changing sides. I'll be more than happy to switch back again (like John Kerry) if you'll answer my question.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Yeoman

its sad to think how many mean ppl thare are in the world (dartoid and KS)

Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Admiral

I think that we should just forget about all the fighting...it's getting really stupid. Just return to the original topic of the post. This was meant to help people who want it and I think we owe SimplyAddictive an apology for taking over her thread.

Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08