Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dawhiner
Default sweet 16 help

So, my whole bringing two people on a cruise for my Sweet 16 idea fell through.... but now we're having a party on a local riverboat, the Martha Jefferson. In a way I'm upset, because cruises are amazing and it'd be a vacation, yet now I get to invite 80 people which means spending my birthday with a lot more people and heh, getting gifts.

So, here's some info. I never wanted a regular Sweet 16 party with the whole candle ceremony, black tie, etc. With the riverboat, we board at 6:30, sail around Long Island from 7-10 and then once we get back, I'll have people over for an "after-party" of sorts. There'll be a regular sit down dinner and a DJ. We're going to stick to smart casual (yay cruise terms) for dress, since I still love seeing everyone in something outside of their daily jeans. I'm either going to do a photo montage (if the DJ has the equipment) or just a collage of pictures, and a guestbook. No candles. (Except for on the tables)

Now, my only problem is the theme. My birthday's June 25, so it'll have to be a summer theme. A luau is what first comes to mind, but it's been overdone I believe, and I'd like something original. I had seen some simply nautical themed decorations (anchors, inner tubes, etc.) and thought about doing something like that. But, there's not enough of it.

Does anyone know of any sites with nautical party decorations? Or does anyone have original summer Sweet 16 themes?

**Sorry for this being so long... but I've used so many search engines and just can't find enough.**
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to imsoSCENE
Default Re: sweet 16 help

ahaha its like a bar/bat mitzvah party..

some people at my school had themes like ''a day at the beach'' or ''(insert name here)'s spring fling" my theme was ''monkeying around -kinda like a jungle-type theme.. i guess that could be summery. of course these were all for bat-mitzvah parties that we had when we were 12 and 13.. so they might be kind of childish for your liking.. i dunno.

i personally really like the beach theme, there are so many decorations and giveaways you can give out. my friend's theme was beach and she had palm trees and beach balls for decorations, and for her giveaway she gave everyone beach towels and visors that "danielle's day at the beach'' and then the date.. it was cute..

just putting some suggestions out there.. hope i helped =)