CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Band (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/291612-band.html)

Tauruschick November 1st, 2004 08:12 PM

Band

Off topic, I know... but I just got back from my first band concert for school. We did fairly well, but we need some work for nationals in the spring. Does anyone else here play an instrument for school band or orchestra? Do you go to competitions or march or anything?

imsoSCENE November 1st, 2004 08:18 PM

Re: Band

uhmmm.. i play guitar.. and im starting my own band.. the juicebox years (or minor league showdown).. but we're going to suck, because girl bands suck.. and my singer thinks that she can scream, but she can't.

eh.

Post Edited (11-01-04 20:19)

Cruisechic2005 November 2nd, 2004 05:20 AM

I'm in regular Band and Jazz Band, in both i play Trombone... Jazz band normally travels, while our concert band doesn't (that will probably start up next year i'm not sure...) I want to learn Guitar though

Joefoe November 2nd, 2004 11:11 AM

i play drums in my school jazz band and then guitar in this acoustic band and drums in a hardcore band

Ocmegan November 2nd, 2004 06:53 PM

I am in the Marching Band and I play trombone as well and I am also in Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band. I also know how to play clarinet, french horn and percussion instruments, and last but not least piano, and recorder.

nurd13 November 3rd, 2004 02:05 AM

Alto Sax in Marching Band. I played in Wind Ensemble last year but I had to drop it cause I didn't have enough classes. I might join again next semester or next year though. Later this year I'll be in second semester Woodwind Choir which is going to London/Paris this Spring.

For Marching Band, we have practice till late every day, football games every Friday night, and competitions every Saturday till the end of November.

dj November 6th, 2004 06:13 PM

Alto Sax and Tenor sax our band is very good. At our marcing competitions we received 1st place n our class, 2nd place color guard. Our concert band travels to Orlando every other year. During concert band season, we receive superior ratings.

nicholas88 November 7th, 2004 11:48 AM

im a trumpet player and im first chair in wind ensamble. im also in marching band which is over now. we were 6th out of 15 in regionals and 5 advanced to state. : (

WOHSlongball07 November 7th, 2004 02:20 PM

I am in a high school marching band from Orlando FL. We are called the West Orange High School Marching Warriors. We just came back from a competition in Tampa and reciever a Superior w/ Destinction. Our color guard and drumline recieved a Superior. We are going to Hollywood, CA november 26th - 30th. look for us on TV Nov 29th. our colors are orage blue and white. I march the Mellophone during marching season and play the concert french horn in Wind Ensemble (4th chair).

Rescue156 November 12th, 2004 09:52 PM

I am the Pit Captain in my band, I play Marimba for Marching and Symphonic Band.