Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak
Default Its a Miracle we made it home alive...

Literally...

#13 was unlucky, so obviously I am going to start off with the bad...

Friday night, around midnight, me and my friend (Al) went to sleep early, because we were up at 6AM for school, and well, lets just say on a 2night cruise to nowhere the teen activities were well- nothing. Anyways, we noticed this loud creaking noise in the room, but assuming it was just rough seas we both fell asleep (room 4199). About an hour later, my mom walked in the room, and was like what is this creaking noise? I was already asleep, and told her I didnt really care and she could call the front desk if she wanted- and she did. By now I was awake again, and since she had pointed out how loud the noise was, couldent fall back asleep again. Someone was on their way to fix the problem... To make a long story short, we had 5 people in our room and something in our roof (weird) was comming apart, hence the loud creaking noise. (Not the little shudder or creak of the ship moving, it was 10 times as loud. So at 3AM we decided to move to another cabin- we looked cool walking through the lobby halfway asleep and in our sleeping cloths. But, we did get a new room (4148) and they never took our old keys, so we could use both rooms, but shhh the dont know that!

Next, my mom fell.
Al and I were supposed to meet them in the dining room for lunch (better food) at noon. Well around 12:45 we wondered where they were, and finally after walking around the ship twice, I asked the desk if my mom had came down to change our room keys. "Whats your mothers name?" the purser asked. "Oh, yeah she just fell down the stairs in the lobby, she went to the hospital."
Wow, thanks for finding us and telling us, would have never guess to look for her there!
So my uncle had to argue with the nurses and thats a whole different story. She fell in the Metropolis Lobby, basically (as she tells the story) doing a flip down the stairs (and trust me she has the bruises and cuts to prove it!) On the way down she also hit her head really hard on the marble floor. Anyone who has been on a Spirit class ship know the stairs I am talking about. The thing that made this situation worse, is that no crew member in the Artium even bothered to come over in help her- she was on the ground for a while too- and no one came to help her, aweful on Carnivals part! She spend half of the day at sea in the hospital...

Ok, right when we thought everything was bad, bad things happen in threesums... Our car battery died in the parking garage. So, I bet you can assume we were thrilled about that. After 30 minutes we got someone to jump us, and we were on our way for real- no joke.

The good...
The food was awesome, man, now it sucks having to make my own meals every 20minutes.
Also the ship was nice, at the top of the lobby they have this huge mural of the Empire State Buliding, and at night when its all lit up it looks cool.
The night club was also cool, I like how they have it set up, and they played decent music, probably because Miracle is a new ship, therefore having newer CD's.
Boarding and getting off were simple also, we were one of the first 50 people to board the ship...
Going under the Skyway was awesome also, dont believe them when they say it takes an hour to get there, its more like 2!
Danielle was on my cruise...

Sorry if my review sucks, but, just for a 2night cruise we didnt have much go our way. This will not stop me, my friend or my mom from cruising- just we had to compensate for all of our other good cruises.

Post Edited (11-07-04 19:07)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick
Default Re: Its a Miracle we made it home alive...

Wow, Dan...sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that she's ok. I can't believe that no one came and found you to tell you that she fell. That's horrible.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old November 7th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

well it does sound like carnival needs to iron out some wrinkles as far as letting you know the she was hurt.. sorry to hear about that and i hope other cruises go better for you

Old November 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kimmzi99

hey dan...im going on the miracle in december...it was a decent ship??...srry about your mom i hope shes okay!

Old November 8th, 2004, 03:50 PM
XoAsHlEyOx

what cruise did u go on and from wat port?
Old November 8th, 2004, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cruisechic2005 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisechic2005

awww i'm sorry Dan!!! Thats deff. not cool, i hope your mom gets better!!

As for your next cruise... How about 3/5/05 on the Navigator of the Seas?! lmao (thats when im sailing :P )hahaha

Unforgetable!
Old November 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

awww dan im sry 2 hear ur mom i hope she is ok... wow sounds like u had a fun time haha not ... ya i cant believe like no1 paged u or ne thing 2 tell u what happened n cant believe that no1 came over 2 help ur mom when she fell... n as far as teen club thats carnival for ya i think.. when i go it seems like they never have ne thing for teens 2 do .. well glad 2 hear ur home safe.. n sry bout everythiing that happened on the cruise... sum1 should rite 2 them n let them know what happened n all that stuff

sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:43 PM
First Mate

Some 1 should ov helped out of kidness if i was too walk by and if i saw someone on the ground bruised up and in-pain i would go get help and try to help.