Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to ؟§ذا؟
Default Does anyone here hunt?؟?

Does anyone here Hunt? I do.
I've got an 8-pointer, and huge doe, a rabbit and a pheasant.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:50 PM
roxybabe_43

Default Re: Does anyone here hunt?؟?

I agree with APF88 ..And how could you go around and kill things.. and how could people call hunting a sport.. the only way it could be a sport is if the animal had a gun to shoot you back..
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to imsoSCENE

wait. wait. so... cheerleading IS a sport.. and hunting isn't?
i don't get it.

you guys have no right to judge him like that. Hunting is a huge activity in this country. There are schools that have "hunting breaks" like how we have spring break and stuff. you obviously are not familiar with it, so don't call him white trash. it's just obnoxious.

Post Edited (01-12-05 21:23)
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:54 PM
roxybabe_43

Default Re: Re: Does anyone here hunt?؟?

How is shooting a poor defenseless animal that cant shoot you back a sport? someone explain it to me
Old January 12th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

hmm a animal that could shoot back now THAT would be a sport.... but yeah im a animal lover and i think hunting is sick

Old January 12th, 2005, 10:56 PM
roxybabe_43

thank you very much... My point exactly
: )
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

...pacifists

Old January 13th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

that's just a stereotype.

we, my friends, have it very well off. we go on luxury cruise vacations to warm tropical places, and get ipods for christmas.. do you ever stop and think about how damn well you have it off? huh?

we live in this little plastic bubble of a society, and you don't even realize what's out there. i myself don't understand the point of hunting, but it is very enjoyable for a LOT of people in this country. a LOT. and it's not just for "red necks" or "white trash". wealthy people can hunt too. anyone can. one of my good friend's dad hunts, and he's a pediatrician. you can't stereotype people that hunt the way that you are, because you don't even know the 1st thing about it and their purpose for doing it.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion about whether hunting is wrong or not. but you have no right saying that everyone that hunts is "pretty trashy and stupid"

Post Edited (01-13-05 00:21)
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Dartoid

This all reminds me of a story a friend of mine, Lorenzo Capellini -- a former White Hunter -- once told me of his last African safari. The buffalo appeared from behind a crop of bushes. It stopped, startled. It looked at Lorenzo, who had it centered between the cross hairs of his scope. The animal didn't run or charge. It just watched. It watched as Lorenzo's bullet moved towards it through the air. It stood motionless as Lorenzo's bullet ripped through its heart. But the buffalo didn't fall. It didn't move. The proud, majestic creature just continued to stand -- and to stare -- at its killer, my friend. And then the eyes of man and beast locked. As Lorenzo related the story, at this very moment he knew that with his next shot, his final squeeze of the trigger, his twenty-year career as a hunter was to end. Today my friend is a wildlife photographer. He swears that the buffalo "spoke" to him, that in the millisecond their eyes connected the buffalo communicated with him -- that it asked "why?", offered its understanding and forgave him for needlessly taking its life. Lorenzo simply could never pick up his rifle again.
Old January 13th, 2005, 12:26 PM
english_boi!

imsoSCENE do you have a clue about wot ur going on about? Why you telling everyone your life story about how well off you are?!!! I don't think the others were saying that the only people that hunt are trailer trash or white trash, they were just saying they don't like the people who hunt.

p.s. congratulations on getting an i pod for christmas!
Old January 13th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Everyone has their own reasons for hunting. My dad hunts and he's not a red neck or white trash. He's been doing it since he was a teen because when he was young his dad HAD to hunt for food for their family. His dad taught him and my uncles how to hunt when they were little. Now they hunt one week a year. Our family is pretty well off but we use everything from the deer. We don't hang it on a wall. It's pretty steriotypical to say stuff like that. You can't label all people who hunt as "white trash." That's like saying all people from NYC are snobs or that all blondes are stupid. There's no justification for it.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

ok.. english boy.. read what i wrote..

"we, my friends, have it very well off. we go on luxury cruise vacations to warm tropical places, and get ipods for christmas.. do you ever stop and think about how damn well you have it off? huh?"

i was saying "we", as in everyone that goes on this message board. we all obviously live a higher status of life than most of the country does just do to the fact that we go on cruises. most people never get to experience that, or a warm tropical vacation of that sort for any matter.

and did you read the post a while back about what everyone got for christmas?? i would say like.. 2/3 of the people that posted said they got an ipod for christmas.. PLUS OTHER THINGS. i for one only got presents from one of my relatives for the holiday season because i choose not to believe in my religion, and my parents and other extended family members feel that i don't deserve presents for a holiday i don't believe in.

i was just simply stating that most of the people on this board live a higher status than the majority of our country, and that they probably don't know anyone that hunts, and that it's wrong to stereotype everyone that hunts as "white trash"

ok? thanks.

Old January 13th, 2005, 04:14 PM
english_boi!

I understand what you were saying but i still think you were contradicting yourself by saying that wealthy people also hunt, then by saying that because the people on this website are likely to be wealthy they might not know people who hunt!?! Surely you can see that doesn't make sense.
I kind of agree with what you are saying about calling people you don't know trash when you don't know the reasons for why they hunt but everyone thinks that about someone they don't like or about people that do something they they don't agree in.
You probebly thought that about me when you read my last message, maybe you still do!
By the way i'm against hunting for sport and i agree that it's not a sport (i'm not a cheerleader)
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to sean26

I don't see what the big deal is here. I mean, if we weren't meant to hunt why would mother nature have allowed us to evolve to the point where we could make guns or bows and arrows and use them to hunt.

AND PEOPLE WHO HUNT ARE NOT ALL WHITE TRASH!!!!!!!!!!
I'm definetly not a red neck, in fact my family is pretty well off, but saying that is so stupid. That's like saying people who like to wear black are automatically gothic, it just doesn't make sense.

I also think that hunting is not just about killing the animal. It is about tracking the animal and the events leading up to the kill. Killing the animal is just one part of the hunting process. And also here in Virginia, if we did not hunt we would be overrun with deer and that can spread diseases like lime disease.

I have never hunted in my life, but I have no problem with it. I also like animals too so no one can say I am a radical animal killing person. So for all the people who have over reacted about nothing, all I have to say is try to concentrate on something more important like HELPING TSUNAMI VICTIMS IN ASIA maybe.

Sean
Old January 13th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

not all people who hunt are "whire trash" but alot of white trash folks do. and no matter what kind of people hunt seems sick and pointless to go "o look a beautiful deer, im not hungry but i think ill go blow its brains out just for fun"

Old January 13th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Here's my take on the issue--if you're hunting deer or whatever, and are planning on eating the meat, (or donating it to local shelters, which is what a lot of people up here do,) then I don't think there is a problem with it. If you think that's a problem, then how can you eat the meat that's put on the table in front of you? Did cows, pigs, chicken or fish really ever do anything to deserve to be killed and cooked? I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't see how deer can be classified any differently than cows or pigs.
I don't believe in just going out and killing deer for the fun of it, with no intention of using the meat. I don't believe that hunters who do this are 'white trash', we just have conflicting opinions. I don't hate them for it.
Old January 14th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Okay kids, Let's not violate the TOS here with the name calling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you are not entitled to judge the others or degrade them. While I am not a hunter I know many fine, wonderful and compassionate people that hunt. I know some jerks that do as well. That said I also know that it seems many of these PETA folks are jerks as well because of their actions. Understand that deer are being starved and killed by cars in the hundreds and even thousands because they are not being hunted as much as they once were. don't condemn others guys, that's all I'm asking.
Jim

Old January 15th, 2005, 05:00 PM
lee-lee

look i am a girl and i LOVE to hunt. i have killed a 6 point, a 10 point that weighed 245 pounds, a doe, a turkey and i am supposed to be goin to hunt some kinda pig in february. lol. so personaly i dont see anything wrong with huntin.

is anyone goin on the cruise january 22,2005 on the holiday if so email me!

oh and lee-lee is not my name, its my nick name because my middle name is lee
Old January 15th, 2005, 05:47 PM
NoLimitSoldier

im not taking sides or judging anybody but i got a couple questions. for the hunters would you hunt puppies and kittens? if not, why not? (im assuming you would eat the puppies)

for the anti-hunters do any of you eat meat? or vegetables? they are alive too all species live by eating other species

where should we draw the line on ok vs notok killing?
Old January 15th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Admiral

He has a point. What is better or worse, hunting a wild deer and shooting it with a highpowered rifle or shotgun and killing it immediately and then having it skinned and eat the meat and mount the head, or eating hamburgers or steak where they inseminate a brood cow, raise the calf and stuff it with unatural food and chemicals to make it grow fast and large in a confined are and then smash it's skull with a spike between the eyes or a .22 rifle bullet between the eyes, drag it off and skin it and grind up the meat for your Whopper with cheese? Kinda hard to judge anyone isn't it? Maybe that is why we should not judge others, just do what 'we' think is right and live by our convictions. <G>
Jim

Old January 15th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Chanson K.

wow i love how a simple question turns into a heated debate. Anywho ummmm... I live in Seattle and there are so many people who eat bean sprouts and wear burlap... not that there's anything wrong with that, but i mean not that killing is right but its one of those traditions that is passed down through generations sort of like prized jewelry or seomthing like that. But my point is that you cant judge someone without knowing their entire story so i dont hunt or anything but technically people have the RIGHT to do it and thats why the US is so great compared to countries like canada and the UK where gun ownership and thus hunting is very limited if not illegal. so think before you judge!!!!
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:47 PM
NoLimitSoldier

um, chanson, both canada and uk allow guns for hunting and have tons of them. true neither has same murder rate as usa,but that is a different subject. And BTW dude, hunting is a "right" in both those countries too, so if that is ur definition of "greatness" , then the USA is just equal, not greater.
Old January 16th, 2005, 12:40 PM
english_boi!

The ownership of guns in the uk is much harder than in the usa as you need a liscence to own anything to hunt with. But hunting does go on in the uk still but not for deer, mainly birds and some forms of hunting have just been banned (there were huge protests). So chanson k does kind of have a point.
Old January 19th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Dartoid

Depressed and confused, gentle Daisy stands nervously on the cold, slippery floor. She is edging though a funnel-like chute and into a large wooden stall.

Suddenly, her depression turns to terror. Her acute sense of hearing and smell, both way beyond human development, forebode her fate. Daisy begins to tremble violently. She urinates on herself. She smells death.

A worker appears, wielding a strange mechanical instrument. He brings it down with brutal, unyielding force. The retractable four-inch bolt fractures Daisy's skull, driving bone fragments deep into her brain. Again and again the bolt violently thrusts. But it does not kill.

Daisy collapses, writhing fully conscious, still alive, still aware, onto a conveyor belt. From somewhere, another contraption snares her leg, lifting her upside down, her head dangling towards the floor. Terror and pain bulge from the innocent mare's brown eyes.

Then, the blade appears. With one vicious swipe Daisy's throat is sliced. Her heart continues to beat as her blood -- her life -- collects in a thick red pool on the floor.
__________________________________________________ __________________

THIS is how a horse meets its end in a slaughterouse. Please don't delete it, Jim. It's not plagerized. I wrote it.

This process (called "humane slaughter") is not significantly different than how any other animal -- cows, lambs, chickens -- is treated before it is slaughtered and finds its way to the grocery and our cruise dinner plate. Their are two differences, of course: 1) horse meat ends up in Europe and Asia and 2) some would argue that "humane slaughter" is somehow kinder than hunting.

Now, on this subject, you have written: 1) "While I am not a hunter I know many fine, wonderful and compassionate people that hunt. I know some jerks that do as well. That said, I also know that it seems many of these PETA folks are jerks as well because of their actions. Understand that deer are being starved and killed by cars in the hundreds and even thousands because they are not being hunted as much as they once were, and 2) What is better or worse, hunting a wild deer and shooting it with a highpowered rifle or shotgun and killing it immediately and then having it skinned and eat the meat and mount the head, or eating hamburgers or steak where they inseminate a brood cow, raise the calf and stuff it with unatural food and chemicals to make it grow fast and large in a confined are and then smash it's skull with a spike between the eyes or a .22 rifle bullet between the eyes, drag it off and skin it and grind up the meat for your Whopper with cheese? Kinda hard to judge anyone isn't it?

I have just a few questions for you. Please explain: 1) how any truly "fine, wonderful and compasionate" person can kill a living thing, 2) why it is that someone or some group which which sees the killing of living things as immoral or injust (just as historically, others took issue with racial, religious and sexual predjuice) are "jerks," and, 3) how can one form of killing possibly be judged better or worse than another?
Old January 19th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Passenger

My son hunts and fishes like crazy. He's 17 and we're going on a Voyager cruise in april. He's bringing his fishing pole and miles of line so he can try to cast off the 10 floor balcony of the ship! lol Plus, while we're all lazying on the beach, he wants to sneak around and fish. (I doubt they'll let him, there are laws and licenses involved) Anyways.....

We have some hunting and fishing pictures at http://www.picturetrail.com/tracylynns if you wanna see him, but be forewarned there are some gruesome pics including a coyote that was hit by a car near our house. Please, only view the site if you will not be bothered or offended.

If any of you hunters want to talk to Andy, email me at ktabsol@aol.com and I'll give him your email addy. (Anyone who just wants to complain about hunting, please don't send any emails. He won't get them and I'll just delete them.)

Happy cruising!

Old January 25th, 2005, 09:29 PM
i-love-rugby

hahaha i love who ever said and cheerleadings a sport!! HAHAH i've never really seen cheerleading tho.....thats a shame...lol