Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Teen Host Veronica

Default PLeAsE HeLp a TeEn HoSt oUt!

Hiya folks! My name is Veronica and I am formerly the teen host on the Carnival Fantasy. In April I will be on the Fascination. I just wanted to know what type of activites you guys are looking for. I want to make each and every vacation of all the teens I meet a great one. If you guys could keep me posted on activies, games music and Ideas that would be awesome! I know that cruises are not the most teen friendly , but I wanna change all of that. Thanks so much! I hope to maybe see some of you this summer on the Carnival Fascination!

Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to WalkOnDeck Send a message via MSN to WalkOnDeck
Default Re: PLeAsE HeLp a TeEn HoSt oUt!

Scavenger hunts are one of the best activities aboard a ship. It's always a race of who knows the most about the ship. This is a great thing to do at the beginning of the cruise so my team and I can all get lost. It's a great way to get to know the ship and the members of the team. And I always take pride in my team knowing the most about the ship and the quickest to find out everything we need to know...thats the sweetest reward.

Things to ask:
Asking things like where a certain statue is or where so and so bar is.
Getting a signature from a certain crew member on board.
Getting a brochure about a certain shore excursion.
How many seats are in the theatre?
How long is the ship or other ship facts.
What is the theme for tonights dinner? or Name an entre of tonight's dinner.
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

On Mariner of the Seas we had to do this thing where they gave a group of guys a digital camera with 10 instant pictures, and group of girls the same. We had an hour to scour the ship and take 10 pictures of the hottest girls/guys.

I never do the activities but this one was cool. We had to tape them to a posterboard and hung them up, people really likeed to look at it....

Lucky you get to work on a cruise ship... Im a landlocked host...

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Teen Host Veronica

Default Re: Re: PLeAsE HeLp a TeEn HoSt oUt!

Hiya Dan,
You don't do any of the activities? Why? Maybe your reason is the same as alot of the the other teens. I hate it when we get coment cards that say "My teen was bored". I can remember being a teen on lame vacations. I dont want that for others. I want teens on my ships to have the best times of their lives.
Thanks for replying to me! Have a great time on your next trip! Oh yes, I will for sure pass this website to my teens on my next contract.

Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:00 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

It seems like on a lot of ships they never really have any or enough good teen karaokes. Those are a lot of fun when you get good people up there.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
yaya

haha dan, the guys took a picture of me...i think thats a bad idea, i felt really embarred!...anyways i like on the first day how you had to go and get other teens! that was a lot of fun!
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
HockeyFan518

I was on the fantasy last January and I really loved when you had to do the scavenger hunt... like it was when we were in port in Nassau but they had like "find a Bahamian piece of currency" or something like that.
Honestly it was boring in the teen club... you need to get kids up and dancing, I guess since I'm from montreal originally i can get things going but be creative
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Passenger

when i went on the voyager this past summer, we played like this umm....murder mystery type game? it was soo fun! we all had our polaroids up on the wall and we picked someone's name out of a hat to see who we had to "murder". you could either "poison" someone (by giving them a drink concoction) "shoot" them (put your fingers together like a gun) or "stab" them (haha we didn't really have a rule for this one....people just ran into each other screaming pretending to hold a knife). but you had to murder your person outside of optix or any teen activity hours--so it had to be donw somewhere else on the ship or even on land if you could. and the point of the game is to murder your victim before someone else murdered you. and whoever won got a gift certificate to some shop in the royal promenade.

other fun games we played were battle of the sexes, truth or dare, and we also played this guess your soulmate game. the guess your soulmate game was like...haha you answered all these questions blindfolded and then you see who you matched up with? yeah i don't really remember but it was fun.
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:49 PM
hockey guy

id say make it less structured and just let them have fun...on the mariner the people would say would u guys rather play this game or just sit her and talk and ill get drinks......we choose sit and talk
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

on the glory we had a ping pond championship and a mock black jack championship that was fun... btw i think i remember somome named veronica on the fantasy did you work last january?

Old January 29th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Teen Host Veronica

Yes, that is true Kareoke is one of my most popular activites. I usually start singing myself, that usually breaks the ice for the teens. Truth be known, it is my total fave activity!

Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Teen Host Veronica

Oh yes! Gotcha! During the hurricane my teens and I were out to see two extra days. So we played it. They loved it I think on my next ship it will be on my caper for sure!
Thanks
Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Teen Host Veronica

I am not for sure who was your teen host last Jan. But that is one of my big concerns. I try to play the hottest songs. My biggest problem is getting all the teens to dance and mingle. First of all most want to sit and just listen to the music. Second, what is up with all the white teens on one side and the black teen on another. Where I am from everybody interacts. It makes me so sad when they dont intermingle. How can I fix this?

Veronica Harris
teen Host
Fantasy Funsips
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Teen Host Veronica

Hiya Duct_Tape,

No, I didnt start until June, and my contract ended in December.
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Whats an average day like for you? Do you ever get bored or homesick because you see people for a week, then you have to start all over again?

Anyways, you have to play good music, bring back some old hip hop songs and sometimes add a rock. It all depends on the group that you have, sometimes I use the teen center and other times I dont...

Sorry if I come across negative, I just have to think of some activities that I liked to to...

It would be cool if one night you could use the pool and have like a pool party. Open the waterslide and pool with music and stuff.

Old January 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

Sometimes it seems like it takes a good oldies song to get all the teens on the dance floor. Either that or something everyone knows like the macarena or YMCA. A few might complain about the choice of music but it seems to get a lot of people out there.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:52 PM
hockey guy

on my last cruise there were basically 3 groups that hung around in the disco, whites, mexicans, and blacks...just the way the cookie crumbles......dancing all dpends on the group of people
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:10 AM
i-love-rugby

on my cruise- we all mixed and mingled, i don't know why any teens wouldnT?
Old January 30th, 2005, 11:07 AM
HockeyFan518

ya there were some black teens that wouldnt talk to us white teens. I am one of the nicest people when it comes to different races because my family always tought me to do so but they seemed to want to keep in there own world, they seemed to 'front us' because we danced to rap music and they hated seeing white chicks dance. Now being from new york half the fun is dancing with the black kids at dances because they know how to bring the fun.
Old January 30th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Teen Host Veronica

Hiya Nurd,
Oh yes! I love to play the oldies! The main songs that get the teens on the dance floor are
1. Cha Cha slide
2. Baby Got Back
3. YMCA

Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Old January 30th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Teen Host Veronica

Hiya Dan
Oh man that pool party idea is awesome!!!!! I would so love to do that with my next ship! It might be tough but I will give it a shot. I would have to get permission from the cruise director, hotel director and the captin! Yikes. I hope maybe it will work out! Because if it does it will be such a blast! I will keep you posted. Thanks a bunch Dan!

Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Old January 30th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Maybe I could be teen host with you for one day and do an article about it??? Sounds like a cool idea...

You would have to include the waterslide if you did the pool thing at night, they did it on the Ecstacy like when I was 5 in camp Carnival for some reason I never forgot about it...

Keep me posted via email where you are, maybe ill interview you for a future artilce or something...

Old January 30th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to beantownboy

Play Drop it like its HOT !!! definetly will get people on teh dance floors ...... ::::starts doing his own dance to it:::
Old January 31st, 2005, 01:25 AM
Teen Host Veronica

Hiya Dan,
I think that is a great idea! I have to run it through with the powers that be of course. So I will for sure keep you posted! I look foward to meeting you!

Veronica Harris
Teen Host
Carnival Funships
Old January 31st, 2005, 04:39 PM
britt

don't play rap... rock is soooo much better but like i also heard about like hot tub parties... now that would be awesome
Old January 31st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to *sAmMeRz*

How old are teen hosts? I am going on my first cruise over spring break. I'm going on the Triumph. Is there a lot of activities and fun things to do on that ship. I want to meet some people so I'm not by myself the whole time or with my lil' brother
Old January 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dj

What Dj's usually do is play some line dance songs to get ppl to dance and the switch from the line dance music to some popular music

cleverland shuffle
bunny hop
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:46 PM
Passenger

What about a water gun/balloon fight...nothing like salt water in the eyes haha. Or play Mad Gab because that is the best game ever invented
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:49 PM
Passenger

Or get a Texas Hold Em tourney going for one of those cruise trophies and maybe a Carnival Cruise bracelet, that would be great
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda

ok, im going on my first cruise in may and im 16 what kind of activites are there to do other than wat you have all been talking about. thanks