Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:03 PM
~*Drew*~

Default research

hey you guys...im doing this research paper on what teens think about abortion and i need your comments and imputs. I really need any comments you have. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Kate Xo 1113

Default Re: research

abortion is not right! thats what i beleive..u shouldnt kill a baby that isnt born yet its just like killing an adult!
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I doubt that this thread will last long. Last time this subject came up things got ugly.
Personally, I think it should be a woman's choice whether or not she should abort her child. If it's in her body, I don't think that the government should be able to control it.
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

yeah this will last only till jim sees it then it will be gone faster than....somthing fast... but i think it should be the womans choice

Old March 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM
SNJ

i dont think its right i think that u should give it up for adoption cuz there are plenty of ppl who will adopt a child....but it's really up to the woman....just think about the consequences or better yet use a condom or birth control i knoe thats not 100% effective but it's better then nothing
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:57 PM
TennisStar08

Abortion is NOT right! if you are killing a baby, its exactly the same as someone killing me or you. That is murder! no its not right!
Old March 7th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cruisedoll10292

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE!
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to foxpomcutie09

i dont think people should be able to get and abortion unless they were like raped or something, cuz they dont have any control on that. if they went and had sex on there own that is there fault if they didnt want to have a chance of getting pregnant they should have just kept there legs closed!

Old March 7th, 2005, 06:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators

this will be gone faster than a doughnut at a weight watchers class

Old March 7th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I have a question for those who are so against abortion. What if the child will be severely mentally or physically handicapped? Is it moral to allow a child to suffer a painful life because the parents don't believe in abortion?
Take Hunter Kelly for example. Anyone who lives around the Buffalo area knows who I'm talking about. He's the son of Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly. He has Krabbe Leukodystrophy, which is an inherited, fatal nervous system disease. Anytime he's shown on the news, he's hooked up to machines to just stay alive. To me, that's not even living. It is worth it to keep someone alive when they're in pain?
It'd be interesting to have constructive teen viewpoints on this. Let's hope that this post doesn't get as immature as the last one.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators

I say it should be up to the child

Old March 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Foxpomcutie09 i agree that if the person is raped or some they should get an aborsion
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to sean26

I think people should only be allowed to get an abortion if having the baby is a danger to the mother's life(your better off just losing one person instead of 2). Otherwise you should not be able to even if you were raped because you can always give the baby up for adoption. And to the people who weren't careful, just because u messed up shouldn't mean a baby has to pay for your mistakes. And to the people who say they should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies, I say the baby isn't your body, it's their own and its just using yours for 9 months. That's my opinion.

Peace,
Sean
Old March 7th, 2005, 10:19 PM
C.

Caution to the winds. I respect everyone's opinions, and here's mine.

I believe in a woman's right to choose, although I also believe that abortion is only permissible during the 1st trimester (aka before the embryo shows any signs of neurological activity). Before this point, the baby is not yet a fetus (to my understanding?) and without neurological activity, not yet a viable human being with capacity to sense.

Especially in cases of rape or abuse, IMHO abortion becomes a very important right.
Old March 8th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Passenger

i agree with Foxpomcutie09 and i am pro life. but i think this should only pertain to women's opinions...because guys can not emphasize being that they lack the ability to carry a child
Old March 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Dartoid

Hmmm Tauruschick...

What would you recommend society do with Stephen Hawking?
Old March 8th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Dartoid

And Nikki18...

You say that this is a discussion that should pertain to women only because guys can't "emphasize" (presumably you mean "empathize")...

I wonder, why is it not reasonable for guys who were all, after all, once fetuses, just like you, to have an opinion on whether someone else, just like you, should have had the right to decide whether we were to live or die?
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
swimmer9

pro-choice.. but i think stupid unmarried girls should have to deal with their babies.
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AmandaR

First of all the "body" hasn't started develpoing into anything other than like a cell (no organs or bones or muscles) until the mother is 8 wks pregnant (usually about the time you find out your pregnant) so its not really killing anything if its before you reach the time, 2 months, when it starts developing into a child so then abortions okay, not right in my opinion but its not murder, anything after 2 months is though. Secondly about the whole rape thing and keeping a child in my opinion like if someone got drunk and ended up getting pregnant then they should carry the baby to term and deliver and deal with the consequences but if its rape then maybe you could consider it. It really just depends on the situation.
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Passenger

A woman's right to do what she wants with her own body stops when it infringes on another's rights, i.e, the baby's. If she cannot take care of a child, the woman should give the child up for adoption. Did you know that there is an 8 year waiting list to adopt children in the United States? My parents will hopefully travel to Russia this summer to adopt a child there, because of the long wait here.
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:08 PM
PoohBear07

Personally I think it's a woman's choice to have one or not. For me personally I wouldn't know what to do unless I was in that situation. Pro-Choice
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:25 PM
TennisStar08

Tauruschick:
How do you know for sure the baby is even in pain?God creates life and to kill that life is like trying to play God ourselves. It's not up to us who decides who lives or dies, that decision is God's.Most abortions are done b/c someone has been irresponsible and its the covenient answer, but its not the right answer.Most abortions are not done for medical reasons, thats just the excuse liberals like you use to keep it legal. ( :

I'M GLAD MY PARENTS DIDN'T DECIDE TO KILL ME!