Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Caitlyn

Default Im sorta shy?

Okay well i have a problem because i am super shy. My last cruise it was a 4 day and i met one person 2 days into it. I really dont like talking to people i dont know lol. And on the last cruise i went on there were like a total of 6 teens including me. What should i do if i dont meet some one or again theres no people because im going cruising the same week i went last year right in the middle of school?
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Caitlyn

Default Re: Im sorta shy?

O yeah and this year im going on a 7 day and i get really lonely with out talking to my friends everyday and my dad likes me to leave him alone. So yeah what should i do
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:50 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators

just go to the teen club and/or the teen activities. I met two people because they had put us together for like a scavanger hunt thing around the ship. and I"m really shy also

Post Edited (04-10-05 08:50)
Old April 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

You're talking to us! haha lol But anyways, I am also SUPER shy. Well first of all, I went cruising with one of my overly talkative friend. So I made some friends through her, but we have some big differnces, so I was often by myself. What I did was not talk to anyone (cuz I can't... too shy) but let them talk to me. I made a few friends that way. Hope I helped. Just have fun. Byebye
pink*peanut

Past Cruises:
Explorer of the Seas---October '04
Vision of the Seas------February'06

Next Cruise:
Liberty of the Seas---March 8th-15th, 2008
Old April 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Speaking as someone who is NOT shy, my advice is that if someone starts talking to you, really make an effort to make conversation and say hi to them later. It's annoying when you make an effot towards someone shy and they don't give you anything to work with! Just try your hardest to NOT be shy and quiet once you have made a connectiion with someone, otherwise they will probably give up.
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to alisonm87

I've always been really shy, but i just kept it in my mind that chances were that i was never going to see any of these people again, and i had to spend 2 weeks with them (it was a lonnnnng cruise). So, i started off just hangin out with a few people, then by the second week i knew everyone and i wasn't as shy anymore, which made it tens times more fun.

-Alison
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to whit_07

Whatever you do, definately try to go to the teen meeting or other teen activities within the first day of cruising....i didn't b/c we got on the ship late and didn't have an itinerary and i totally missed out...i didnt make any friends...i know sad and pathetic...but then again i was followed around by my little sister and the whole time which wasnt helpful at all...so that's my advice, GO TO THE TEEN MEETING!!...i think my cruise would have been alot different if i had. good luck and have fun!