CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   You all Lied...CRUISING SUCKS! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/292864-you-all-lied-cruising-sucks.html)

aggie*angela June 15th, 2005 10:58 AM

You all Lied...CRUISING SUCKS!

Just got back from the worst week of my life. I cannot see how any of you enjoy being trapped on a ship. If not mistaken, that's called prison. Oh, and the activities on the ship that are suppose to be "sooooo Great"....Bull ****! The food is no where near gormet, they just make it look pretty, but it tastes as if it's out of a can. If I wanted to eat like that, I would have stayed home and just ate at Souper Salad for every f-ing meal. I had to work for 6 months to get on that boat, and it only made me realize that it was a waste of money. Oh ya, the ports...hah...Key West: Has the worst beaches, has no culture what so ever, and is no fun if you are not the age of drinking....Cayman: cancelled b/c of the hurricane...Cozomel: nice beaches, still NO CULTURE, hobby of the locals is ripping off tourists (good thing i know spanish). I've was told after I got back that cruising is not for everyone, a good percentage infact. I wish I would have been told that before and went with the odds. Never EVER Again.

DanPolulak June 15th, 2005 11:06 AM

Re: You all Lied...CRUISING SUCKS!

You didnt mention the ship you went on or when you went?
Oh and dont point the finger at us... It was your choice to take a cruise.

Post Edited (06-15-05 11:09)

the b-ash June 15th, 2005 02:14 PM

you're really bitter

Lulu7 June 15th, 2005 02:24 PM

Ya you are bitter
Cruising is fun but haveing a shity attitude does not help it. And we all think it is fun so we did not lie. I have been on 2 cruises and am going on my third soon i have had so much fun even on my second cruise when we could not pull into port at caymans(due to weather) i still had fun i was still disapointed but it was not the cuises falut it was the weather.

DanPolulak June 15th, 2005 02:28 PM

OMG a hurricane came and they had to cancel a port a Cayman Islands. How about all those poor people on the island who had their homes destroyed and wait, wait, you couldent go there?

majorcutie June 15th, 2005 02:44 PM

hahaha dan i love ya .. great come bak...

n yea aggie u r bitter... ive been on 10 cruises n i have 2 more booked.. n my second cruise wasnt the best but that didnt stop me from wantin 2 go on cruises.. i love them n think they r fun.. n there have been times were we couldnt dock at ports but thats 4 our protection .. wow they care.. n therez tons of things 2 do on ships .. itz how u make it .. if u sit there n b mizerable bout things then ur gonna have a horrible time.. u have 2 have an open mind ... i know that first hand.. but then i look bak n say ya know what it really was fun ... i dont know ne 1 who dont like cruising..
what ship did u go on ne wayz? .....

Lindz

the b-ash June 15th, 2005 11:08 PM

i think she said in an earlier post that she was goin on the rhapsody.. i'm goin on that on sunday and it seems like it will be an awesome ship... but maybe thats just me. i mean.. i plan on actually enjoying myself.
key west has the worst beaches? dang.. i guess i could just stay home and hang out at the tennessee river over at budwieser "beach" then.......
and personally i'm glad that i wont have to experience culture... this summer i just want to kick back and have fun

kicker June 16th, 2005 08:10 AM

aggie doesn't say what country she's from. I'm assuming she's some pampered princess who doesn't interact with us "common folk" very much!

DanPolulak June 16th, 2005 08:20 AM

I doubt the OP will ever post back... She only has like 11 posts on the site total!

xoshereeox June 16th, 2005 08:48 AM

wow

Lulu7 June 16th, 2005 09:16 AM

Ya
wow

CaliRobby June 16th, 2005 12:42 PM

Wow times 3

ihaveissuesu2 June 16th, 2005 03:38 PM

I was on the Nordic Empress one of my worst cruises. Still it was fun and it beat staying home all week.

tx*twirler05 June 16th, 2005 10:58 PM

She did go on the Rhapsody! I looked through the older messages and I found it!

I wonder why she hated it so much!

Post Edited (06-16-05 22:59)

sammyskuff June 16th, 2005 11:22 PM

why does everyone copy what everyone else says? I noticed this a lot on topics, one person will say something and 3 other posters will follow by saying the exact same thing. What is that?

STL June 17th, 2005 01:24 AM

Yeah what is that? haha

sammyskuff June 17th, 2005 02:53 PM

shes obviously from texas, if it says aggie girl or whatever. Texas aTm.

goaliegurl89 June 17th, 2005 05:06 PM

Gosh i understand why shes so bitter seeing as she worked so hard to go on a cruise its just unfortunate she picked the wrong cruise for her taste. I mean if she was goin on all these cruise websites listening to what people say about different ships and port she should have known what to expect. Also she was complaining about no culture at the ports she went ot well good luck finding culture at popular tourist destinations like key west and cozumel especially if you just go to the touristy and shopping areas you have to do your own in depth research to see the true side of these destinations. Personally i think cruising IS for everyone you just have to do alot of research and find what places and ships work best for you but everyone has at least bad cruise in their life (for example mine was on the disney wonder i still get chills when i think about it it was the absolute worst but anywayz) unfortunetly for her it was her first
but then again it didnt sound like she was making the best out of the wonderful oppurtunity she got to actaually go on a cruise there are tons of people who can only dream of goin on cruises and here she is complaining. Anywayz i hope her post doesnt convince any new cruisers out there not to cruise anymore because cruising is a really awesome experiance and if you have the oppurtunity dont pass it up

DanPolulak June 17th, 2005 05:21 PM

^Long post....

Anyways, but she had to have found some good on the trip... Not just return to our board, and bash the whole entire concept?

AdamPF June 18th, 2005 01:43 AM

She's not bitter.... cruising just isn't for her. I like cruises, and you all have the right to as well. Not everyone likes cruises.

She brings up valid points. Some people don't like being confined to a ship. If she was expecting gourmet food and cultural ports, then maybe a mass-market Caribbean cruise wasn't right for her.

the b-ash June 18th, 2005 03:14 PM

umm yes she was being bitter.. and she insulted all of us by calling us liars...
she may have had some valid points, but she didnt have to present them in such a harsh manner.

DanPolulak June 18th, 2005 03:47 PM

Hahaha since she never came back we could call her a liar?

Drommom June 22nd, 2005 01:32 PM

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. First off..you picked Hurricane season..that was your first bad move..

Now what do you mean NO CULTURE in COZUMEL..

Well no culture if you just walked around in town.. but there are AMAZING Ruins.. and there are ship tours to these places..

Tulum.. Chitzen itza.. etc..

you did not do your homework obviously..

erin elizabeth June 22nd, 2005 10:08 PM

i went on the conquest and i didnt get to go to grand cayman either but i wasnt gonna cry over spilt milk i was just worried if everyone was ok cause alot of other cruise ships got stuck there..... well cruiseing is not like a prison... if you dont make it.. oh and dont be a pampered princess/brat... you must be some stuck up rich kid who likes to be pampered oh and the food was from different countries you moron oh and in cozumel you could get drunk if you 14 or older.. oh and if you dont live in cozumel you have no idea about culture...........................

majorcutie June 23rd, 2005 01:35 PM

i always go during hurrican season n itz always fine ....

Lindz

Cynda June 23rd, 2005 04:50 PM

a couple things....first, if she saved 6 months to go on that cruise, and yet wasn't of drinking age...her parents made her pay her own way? whoa... ok...that said..that means THEY chose to cruise, and she went along. Maybe she expected to be free of her parents during the week, and THAT didn't happen. Sorry chica, that wasn't the cruise ships fault.

secondly...didn't she make ANY friends? I mean my gosh, thats what makes the cruise fun ! ! ! Is she socially immature, afraid to speak to strangers, afraid to experience new things? A snob, thinking every activity or dining option was beneath her? well again....that wasn't the cruise ships fault either.

DeeDee37 June 23rd, 2005 06:51 PM

Majorcuite,

Just curious, did you cruise last year during hurricane season??
Glad you never had a problem. I live in Florida and my family and I had to endure 4 hurricanes directly or indirectly. My sister lives in Winter Haven, hit or brushed through 3 times and they're in the middle of the state!

Good luck on your next cruise!!))

Tyler J June 23rd, 2005 08:07 PM

We always cruise in hurricane season (october) and havnt had a problem yet.. last year we were afraid we were going to but nothing happened before or during our cruise but princess cays was cancelled and we went to puerto rico instead.

JustDavid June 27th, 2005 06:43 PM

Re: Re: You all Lied...CRUISING SUCKS!

Life is too short to be that bitter. Get over it already!

pink*peanut June 28th, 2005 12:24 PM

Wow... what a brat! What a bitter, selfish, brat! How DARE they not give her 5-star gormet food while they try to serve THOUSANDS of others on a budget and in the middle of the sea! How DARE they not go into Cayman cuz they were worried about the safety! How DARE they not allow her to drink, making sure she doesnt over-do it and wake up regretting it!
I think that this is the stupidest post. This site is OBVIOUSLY filled with people who love to cruise! So.... what does she expect to get outta here? I dun think that many people are gonna agree with what she posted.
She probably just stayed kept up in her room not talking to anybody and trying to make the worst out of an oppertunity that many people cant even DREAM of getting to do!
pink*peanut

(ps... for anyone who doesnt get it... the whole 1st paragragh is total sarcasm) lol :P