Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mellie Send a message via Yahoo to Mellie
Default This Has **NOTHING** To Do With Cruising, But...

Sorry that this has nothing to do with cruising, but my dance studio is planning a NYC trip for this Thanksgiving and we're going to be in the Macy's Parade and stuff, and I'm from SC so we're taking a plane, and I've never been on one, and I was wondering who has and if you think they're fun or not. Also, has anyone ever taken United Airlines because that's the airline we're thinking of taking...I know it's random, but I don't really know what to expect. Thanks bunches!

Post Edited (07-15-05 07:03)
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2005, 03:16 PM
the b-ash

Default Re: This Has **NOTHING** To Do With Cruising, But...

flying is totally fun, unless you're claustrophobic or something.
its really quick and easy.. too bad flying's not like it was back in the day when they actually fed you and stuff. but you'll be fine.. dont worry
Old June 18th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

I have some phobia about flying too... I am not sure what about it I just hate it and like wigg out before I get on a plane. I guess the feeling of being so close to other people with no way out freaks me out. If I ever take a cruise in Europe I would literally have to knock my self out to sleep!

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old June 18th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I'm scared of heights, so I hate flying. When we flew to Puerto Rico last winter, I thought I was going to die. I was so scared. But, I'm willing to deal with it to go on cruises.
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

song is the best airline to me, jsut b/c they have TVs in the head rests :-), but yeah a fear of heights is really all that can scare you, because it isnt really too closed in for claustrophobics...security is bad to go thru tho.

Old June 18th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

i like airplanes
Old June 19th, 2005, 11:50 AM
XoAshleyoX

I agree Song (by Delta) is the best airline they have tv's and mp3's to listen to. Jet Blue is also really good too and similar to song. They make flying go alot faster since you have something to do. But other than that most airlines are the same, so United should be fine, just bring something to do. And it is so much better than driving!
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
mmx

best airline to me would be jet blue. united is ok, although i've never flown with them. delta and song are also pretty good
Old June 20th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drama_dude_renee Send a message via MSN to drama_dude_renee Send a message via Yahoo to drama_dude_renee

i love flying...the only tim i ever take a plane is when im going somewhere far and i find that it hypes me up even more b4 the actual arival. the plane ride is like an entre and the trip itself is the meal to me. things only get better after the plane ride but its still fun!

Carnival Valor March 8, 2009
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have NEVER flown anywhere and my dad is a pilot!! Its true!!

All that will change in Nov. when we fly to NY to see my family!

Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
Celebrity Galaxy 12 night panama canal
12/17/2005!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=12&year=2005&day=17&hour=18:0
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:32 PM
chans(on)

Just dont even worry about it. flying is a breeze... especially from SC. United has the reputation of having the best service so i guess thats a good thing although the entertainment isnt like Jetblue or song or frontier witht the tvs but flying's fun and since ur going such a short distance you shouldnt have any problems.

Disney Wonder feb '00
Disney Magic apr '02
Disney Magic feb '03
Serenade of the seas Apr '04
(Celebrity) Mercury Jul '04

(Celebrity) millennium Jul'05
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:59 PM
Tyler J

Fly Frontier.. they have tv's in the headrests that play movies and live DirectTv.. they also feed you and have more than one beverage service.. and pretty comfortable seats.. and all their planes are new.. so yeah go frontier
Old June 21st, 2005, 10:46 PM
karl

i love flying! it is really fun so dont worry. my favorite airline is continental. Thats probably beacause i've flown with them the most.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
XoAshleyoX

The only bad thing about Frontier is you have to pay for all the in flight entertainment.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Mercedes

United Airlines is a great airline. It depends on what equipment you'll be on (hopefully you'll get a 757-200 w/ PS Service). Otherwise, it's just about the same as American, Delta, or Continental. As some may have previously remembered, my father is currently a United Airlines pilot.

A lot of people overhype flying. I'm actually kind of surprised that a lot of people who have cruised haven't been on a airplane.

If you're worried, well don't be! Just think about it, sooooo many people around the world fly, and no one (well almost) no one dies! As for a plane crash-- those are almost nonexistant among US carrriers.

Should you feel a bit claustrophobic, please call/ask your parents to call United and say the following (assuming you are flying Economy):

"can we request bulkhead seats?'

(those are the first row of coach seats that have MUCH extra legroom, so you shouldn't feel as squeezed as a normal seat (bear in mind, there are only 6 bulkheads in each plane).

Also, don't forget to sign up for MileagePlus, the United loyalty programme where you can get freebies likke magazines, upgrades, etc.

Where are you flying from? I'll ask my father what airplane you'll be taking and stuff.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

I forgot to add:

Flying is actually quite fun after a few flights. You might get worried in the begining during take off: it gets loud and rumbly, but it's perfectly normal. In-flight, it should be pretty smooth (do you know where your flights heading to/from?), and if there's turbulance, there shouldn't be much. Landing will be loud (thrust reversers), and there shouldn't be many surprises.

Again, if you want to make your flight most enjoyable, call United and request a bulkhead.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
Beginner

Flyings a blast for me. I love to get window seats (dont get one if uve got a weak stomach lol) and its relaxing for me. Plus if youre with abunch of your friends from ur dance studio it'll be a blast. Im into dance to...and every year at our line camp (in July) we have tryouts to go to that and the orange bowl...Ive gotten it before but im waiting until my junior or senior year to go cause its flippin expensive. But i know some girls who have gone and they say they had ablast! I get to go this year prolly..and im REALLY excited. Hope you have a blast!