Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM
rossis market

Default Just Got Back From The Glory...Glory Class vs Voyager Class

well to start off i just recently returned home from the glory which set saill on the 18th. The Glory is a reall nice ship and i had alot of fun....let me start with the ports of call

Key west....it was a nice place, friendly people....a place that i would go to again but not go out of my way.

Belize.....if you want to see what central amerk is like go there at your own risk. i did not do a shore tour and just went into town, where i did not fell very safe....anyone who was ever there nos what i mean. I dont think i would get off the ship next time in belize

Cozumel....my FAVORITE place to go, all good things.....i had the mosty fun there.

Progresso was cut from our itinerary and we had n extra day at sea which really meant we were way ahead of schedule so we were going real real slow.

Food
i like the red sail restaurant buffett becoause of the food stations...they had an ethnic, deli, oriental, and the grand along with 24hr pizza and a grill

the dning room food was good also

most of the girls sucked on my cruise but i had alot of fun with the group i was with...the people make the cruise fun the most in my opinion.

Glory vs Voyager

the past 3 years i have cruised on the voyager, mariner, and navigator, which i loved, this year i decided to switch things up and try carnival............

Im glad i tried it, i had fun, but here are some comparisons

Dining room set up.........RCCL....Glory was soo tight between tables
Dining room food........tie
Dining room service....RCCL....RCCL did little things like bring pepper around and give you a det up of 3 forks and what not....staff on rccl was much more friendly with the 3 man system compared to the glorys 2
entertainment.........i didnt go to alot of the comedy shows on RCCL but the onces on the glory were pretty good but id have to say it was a tie
games.....RCCL
Promedode deck............RCCL by a mile
food selections.....glory
teen activties......RCCL....the teen place was a ghost town on the glory during activities and the days.
teen disco.........RCCL, on the glory you could not grind
people you meet....tie
ship layout.......RCCL

So in conclussion the winner by TKO is RCCL Voyager class ships

any questions anyone has id be more than happy to answer them
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak
Default Re: Just Got Back From The Glory...Glory Class vs Voyager Cl

I like your comparison!

I agreed with most of your views, with RCCL owning Carnival in the teen clubs, promenade and ship layout. Carnival ships seem more cramped in, while RCCL ships are easy to navigate.

But Carnival does have alot better food then RCCL (some wasnt even ediable) and I have always found the comedians on Carnival alot better. Basically I would like Carnival more if they had a past guest program and devoted more time to teen cruisers....

But once again, good comparision.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old June 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM
forgetxdecembr

carnival does have a past guest program...

..dont they?
Old June 26th, 2005, 04:35 PM
rossis market

its nothing special at all, they have a returning guest party...rccl you get all sorts of stuff
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

yea carnival has a past guest thingy.. there pretty boring so i avoid goin.. RCCL has past guest thingys as well .. also very boring ....

i personally thing carnival is 100% wayyyy better then voyager of the seas .. im goin on the glory august 20th...

ON carnival i find the ppl r WAY friendlier which rccl ppl r sooooooo stuck up and they think there better then every1 else...

carnival has more varity as 2 food everynite n in general n the food is always better ... they have alot of the things open like 24/7 such as the ice cream/ pizza n other stuff

rccl - the food was eh nothing special. pretty much same thing like all the time... they close everything at a certain time

carnival- well the ships that ive been on havent really had much of a teen club so
n when i was voyager they had a teen club but no was ever in it .. n when ppl where in it they were the 12 year olds .. they put the 12-17 year olds 2gether A LOT ... so that sucked...

carnival shows r 100% better than rccl..carnival has the costumes the voices, they come in the crowd.pretty much could b broadway shows... theyre awsome... full of energy n everything . rccl just had blah costumes total opposite of carnival.

as 4 the serice in the dinnin room i guess it depends on ur waiter that u have.. on both ship we've had sum pretty bad waiters but more nicer waiters when it comes 2 carnival

u have 2 pay 4 A LOT of things on RCCL which really sucks.. not fair at all...like at johnny rockets u have 2 pay $3.45 just 2 sit there

so much more things i can say but im gettin tired so ... but 2 me .. carnival is way better

Lindz