Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:33 PM
cc

Default hurricane season cruising...

hey guys...my friends and i are getting our moms to book us a last minute cruise for the end of august to have some fun before school starts...during the summer i live at the jersey shore, so we don't usually cruise in the summertime.i cruise two-three times a year. spring break, winter break, and for my birthday (february). in all the years never really experienced bad weather during those times, just a little overcast and rocky seas once in a while. the only concern our moms have said for cruising in august is hurricane season. for those of you that have cruised in august or the other hurricane season months have you experienced bad weather? we just did the conquest in april (western carribbean), so we'll probably do east from one of the ports in fl (either through ccl or rccl).. i know cruises are still fun, good weather or not... just the moms that are coming along might think otherwise. so we'd appreciate the help :-) thankssss a lot
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:07 PM
devils6

Default Re: hurricane season cruising...

I am also cruising at the end of August, im taking Mariner of the Seas on the August 21st out of Port Canaveral Florida. I have cruised during hurricane season before and it isnt bad. Like usual you might get a rough night but nothing youve never experienced. I also hear that cruises go around hurricanes so they dont hit them.
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM
noellee

what shore do you live at in jersey?
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
cc

south jersey...stone harbor nj, right next to wildwood and about 10 15 min from oc nj and sea isle
Old June 30th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

i am also goin the end of august like august 20th on the glory but i always go during hurricane season n it is perfectly fine... nothing 2 worry bout

Lindsay

sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old July 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

well, there's really nothing to worry about because my family goes on cruises at the end usualyl at the end of August from Florida, and we never had any problems, but i know someone else who cruised during a hurricane and had to stay an extra day on the ship...which definately isn't a bad thing.

CARNIVAL GLORY---> AUGUST 20th!!!