Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sweet_Tears_07
Default Cruise is over...miss everyone...how to deal?

hey everyone. i just got off the Norwegian Spirit...ended July 9th. i miss my friends a lot! i kinda liked this guy on the ship too and we kinda kissed. the only thing is, my friends live in different places as me. i live in Illinois and they live in California, Utah, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, and Florida. i'm probly never going to see them again too. my friends and parents think i'm depressed and everytime i think about my friends i start to lyke tear up. has this ever happened to any of you be4? how do you deal with it? cuz now my normal life seems boring.

upcoming cruise:
carnival victory--eastern caribbean 12/23/07! christmasss!=]

past cruise:
norwegian spirit--alaska '05!
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie
Default Re: Cruise is over...miss everyone...how to deal?

i think every1 has been there ... i know i have every time i get off a cruise im sad about it and cry and depressed .... never say u wont c them again u never know .. ne thing is possible.. hopefully ull stay in touch with them... and there really is no easy way 2 get bak 2 every day life just take 1 day at a time itz not gonna b easy at first and plus usually for me i never come rite home after a cruise we usually stay in florida for a week so that helps a litlle.... hope this helps u ne

Lindz

sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old July 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
KiraMarie123

Aww..
yeah i definitely agree that everyone's been there.
but ya know, ya just gotta remember all the amazing times you had with them..
did you get a sn or number or address? because you could stay in touch that way.

If not, who knows..some day you might just run into them
because..i'm not gunna lie..
i was on vacay (not a cruise) but i met this awesome guy
and he was from CT and i'm from NY...
we got to bond a little bit and everything and we were both sad
when we had to leave...but i went on a mini-road trip a few weeks later..and i thought i saw someone who looked exactly like him..and it turned out to be it really was him
(it was totally freaky..neither of us knew we were headed in the same direction)
so anything's possible! yayy
Old July 12th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am feeling what you are feeling! I just got off of my cruise July 10!!

Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
Celebrity Galaxy 12 night panama canal
12/17/2005!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=12&year=2005&day=17&hour=18:0
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:13 PM
First Mate

just die or plan for another cruise!!!!

me
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Passenger

This happened to me last cruise. I met this girl the 1st night and we hooked up and chilled together the whole cruise from day 1 to the last night. I will never forget saying goodbye to her as we were leaving the ship and getting on to the buses. It was really tough becasue we got really close over that week. We had a lot of fun together. It was about 2 years ago and I still miss her alittle bit. But you just have to move on and get on with you life. I met a lot of people on that cruise who I had to say goodbye to but all good things come to an end and you just have to look foward to your next cruise and you cant dwell on the past.

Old July 12th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to foxpomcutie09

yeah the same thing happened to me i went on the carnival conquest and it ended the 26 i was so sad leaving cuz i met a guy i liked and we kissed to and i liked the guy sooo much, we hung out every night in the teen club and on the last night we stayed out till like 3 just walking around and hanging out, i will never forget the guy, everything was perfect the only thing that sucks is that i was having so much fun that i forgot to get his # or e-mail address, and we will probly never see each other cuz he lives in houston, TX and i live in stl,MO......
the next 2 days after i got home i was just sooo depressed i didnt do anything but lay around the house all day, and cried a couple times too! but then i figured that wouldnt do anything so you just have to try not to think about the person so much and try and think a bout other things that wont depress you, but dont try and forget the person cuz that would be bad just try not to thinkk of them soo much so you wont miss them as much! well i hope i helped!
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Passenger

me 2 I forgot to get her email. It will take sometime to get over the cruise but you will be fine. I have been in your positon before and I will be again in 9 days lol, so I will need you to tell me the say things lol. But seriously for me it was 2 years ago and I still miss her and all of the others but I have moved on and I have great memories of that week.

Old July 12th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Yeah, when I get back from cruises my life always seems boring. Just do the best you can to keep in touch, and while most times it wont last forever, there are chances you might see them again... The worst is the day you get off the ship and you get back home, reality check! You start to remember all the things you would be doing on the ship, and then realize you cant do any of it anymore... I suggest you read my Post Cruise Depression article on the teens homepage.

One cruise the last day we figured out that she lived next door to my cousin! (Crazy what you can find in common with people) and I have met up with people from my cruises 2 years ago.

Post Edited (07-12-05 16:57)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old July 13th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Emilka

Default Re: Re: Cruise is over...miss everyone...how to deal?

Definitely keep in touch, I'm sure you'll see them again. On my last cruise, I met a bunch of people from Long Island and NYC, and I hang out with them about once a month. Just make sure you email back and forth and you never know when you'll see them again.

I had my first kiss on the Enchantment when I was 14, and I thought I'd never see the guy again since I'm from CT and he lived in England. We emailed each other for like the first month, but then once school started we lost touch. My family ended up planning another cruise for spring break of that year, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. We flew down the night before, and when we walked into the hotel, he was standing there in the lobby checking in with his family!!!! We were both leaving for cruises the next day, not the same boat, but still really, really weird! After that, we definitely made sure to keep in touch! And now we've dated on and off for the past five years and I spent 2 weeks in England with him this summer, and he spent most of his Christmas break here with me.

So even though u think your friends live far away, I'm sure you'll see them again. I still talk to people from almost every cruise I've been on and they've really become some of my closest friends.

-Em
Horizon '98
Enchantment '00
Radiance '01
Millennnium '02
Adventure '03
Empress '04
Dawn '05
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Little by little you get over them. I went on a grand princess cruize 2 years ago and I got really attached to a great group of people. You will realzie though that after a while that you will still keep in touch but life moves on. My biggest piece of advice would be to start hanging with your friends at home, they will take your mind off it. And as much as your depressed right now thats totally normal, work through ti by forcing yourself to get up and go to the mall with one of your friends from home, or go out, or do soemthing. Stay active and you will get your mind off it.
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Passenger

Kristina I was on the grand princess 2 years ago 2. Do you remember what date?

Old July 13th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to x RiSSeRz 08

Although highly unlikely, it's not impossible for you to ever see your cruise friends again. We went on the Victory three years ago, and this past fall my sister was moving into her dorm when a girl, also moving in, stopped me because i looked familiar. we instantly figured out how we knew each other...she was my sister's best friend from that Victory cruise from three years ago. turns out not only was she going to the same college as my sis...she was in the same dorm and even the same FLOOR! wow...lol

** Ecstacy 02-21-00 **
** Carnival Victory 06-30-02 **
** Carnival Valor 08-21-05 **