Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM
BaltoTraveler

Default Carnival Liberty - boys 15 and 19

Hi. I'm a dad, not a teen. But I'm trying to plan a trip for the week before Christmas that will appeal to my sons, who are 15 and 19. One option is Carnival's new "Liberty" (identical to Conquest, Valor, and Glory). Another is Royal Caribbean's Explorer (a Voyager class mega-ship).

My question is mostly about where 15-year-olds fit in on Canrival's big ships. Sounds like they're in a 12-15 group (my son would be pissed to be grouped with 12-year-olds!), but it's unclear what the ground rules are for the "teen disco". Do 15s get to hang around until all hours, or do they get kicked out? (The info on the Web seems to go both ways.)

How about my 19-year-old? Too young to drink; too old for the teen program. Is there some kind of college-kid scene?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:10 PM
cruiser16

Default Re: Carnival Liberty - boys 15 and 19

on the explorer if you're 18 or above and the parents sign a waiver then your son is alowed to drink beer and wine... and also the 15 year olds are grouped with the 17 year olds on the explorer.. they can hang out till whenever in the teen club.. i dont know anything about Carnival though..
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:16 PM
BaltoTraveler

Thanks, cruiser16.

Yeah; I'm pretty well straight on what RCCL offers. That beer and wine at 18 part really appeals to my older son! On Carnival it's 21, but he'd be able to go to bars when the ship is in port.

The problem with Carnival is that there's inconsistent info floating around as to 15-year-olds. I read here there's an "O2 Club" for 15-17s, but the Carnival website doesn't mention it and says that 15s are in Club Carnival:
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Teens.aspx
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:01 PM
First Mate

I am going on the Liberty in January cant wait

In march i went on the valor and is my favorite cruise yet i would recomend it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Balto..my 15 year old daughter loved loved loved the teen club...we were on Radiance of the Seas...her and my nieces would suffer during dinner until we excused them to go to the teen club...they had so many activities...and met so many young people from all over the world...as far as my 19 year old...we allowed him to drink with the understanding he would have to pay his own bar tab...he never over did it..he would have one or two beers a day...
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Beginner

Being 19 myself and having been on cruises at the age of 15 aswell I would say it depends on what your kids are like, the kids on RCCL are usually a little quieter and not as into alchohol and the teen groups are much better organized, however there is less kids on RCCL and less to do for them onboard.

If your son looks old he probably be able to be served on Carnival anyway requiring he pays with cashhh otherwise when they scan his card theyll see hes a minor, if youre booking the ship solely with your kids in mind my personal preference would be Carnival, louder, more kids, bigger ships and still possible to drink
Old July 31st, 2005, 09:03 AM
BaltoTraveler

Thanks, folks. We decided on RC Explorer of the Seas. They seem to have a lot for the 15-year-old, the 19-year-old will get to buy a beer w/o lying, and the vibe sounds a little more laid-back than Carnival for us parents.