Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:14 AM
BaltoTraveler

Default 15 - 17 on RC Voyager-class

Could someone tell me whether there's anything going on for the 15 - 17-year-old group on Royal Caribbean Voyager-class mega-ships in the early evening, before 10 p.m.? Trying to decide whether the second dinner sitting would cut into fun stuff for my son.

I've read that, for the younger teens, it's practically a disaster to have to sit through the later dinner seating while your friends are having fun.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: 15 - 17 on RC Voyager-class

A couple of years ago I was on the Spleandour of the Seas and I was 15 and we had the early dinner sitting, this did mean that after eating I had the whole night to do what I wanted. I found that this worked very well.

However there were more people from the teen club than I thought that had the late dinner sitting. They didnt seem to miss out on that much as we would meet up afterwards and carry on till quite late in the night.

In 1 and a 1/2 weeks I am going on the Navigator of the Seas for two 1 week cruises (one after the other) and we have the early sitting booked for the first week and the late sitting for the second.

I will let you know how it works out.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

I wouldent call it a "diaster" ;-)

BUT- I usually have late dinner, and then I will skip out on dessert and excuse myself and go and meet up with my friends. Not much happens until 10.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old August 3rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
rossis market

its a fun time
Old August 8th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Xosnowangelxo88

i just got off the voyager yesterday and i had second seatin and there were plenty of stuff for the teens to do.. mostly half of the teens have second seating..
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Jordan

I went on "Adventure of the Seas" and my family thought that the early seating would allow us to do more things after dinner. After dinner I usually headed to the the Teen Disco, but most of the other kids had the late seating.

On formal nights, don't expect to get out of the dining room till way beyond ten.

-Navigator of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas-2004
Carnival Elation-1999
Old August 9th, 2005, 11:32 PM
devils6

Ive been on 5 cruises so far and im going on Mariner in a week. My family prefers later seating. I always end up traveling with a big party so our dinners take a long long time. I sometimes will leave before dessert, but i always find people to hang out with and it doesnt seem like a miss much. Late seating is better cause you also have a lot more time during the day to just sit back and relax on an island or by the pool
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:11 AM
James murph

early seating is better and you dont have to rush so much
Old September 7th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Passenger

I just got back from 2 cruises on the Navigator of the seas. The first week we were early sitting and that was good because it would give me the rest of the night to do what I wanted. The second week we had the late sitting. I preferred the late because I wasnt allways hungry at 6:30 and it also gave me a bit more time to get ready and relax, rather than having to rush for dinner.

Having the late sitting didnt really mess anything up social wise as as soon as I was finnished I would go and find my friends and the best things didnt happen till later on in the evening so it was ok.