Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Toni K

Default Age Check

Hi,

My family is going to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean from December 19th to the 23rd. It is our first cruise and part of my high school graduation gift. Can anyone tell me if they check to see how old you are for the teen programs? I turn 18 in late November, but want to be able to hang out with my sister who is going to be 14. Can I still go to Fuel? I really don't want to be at the adult night club and have to worry about older guys hitting on my. Can my sister hang out with the older teens? I know that I can drink in the adult club, but that is really not a big deal for me.

Thanks,

Toni
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Age Check

I know that when i went on the Explorer... they did check and make sure that you were the correct age for that club. And with such the big age difference... they will deffinately check the ages. but... im not 100% sure. I just know that you had to be the correct age to get in for me.
pink*peanut

Past Cruises:
Explorer of the Seas---October '04
Vision of the Seas------February'06

Next Cruise:
Liberty of the Seas---March 8th-15th, 2008
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

usually the problem is with younger kids in the older club....you shouldnt have as much of a problem, but then again i know carnival not royal caribbean.

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Passenger

The ages groups are 12 to 14 and 15 to 17 so there is a chance that your younger sister wont be allowed in the older club.

However, 2 years ago I was on the Spleandour of the Seas and there were people in the older teen club who were 13/14 and no one checked. But when I went on my first cruise in 2002, they checked me and my friends ages. I was old enough but they wouldnt let my friend in.

Sometimes they check ages and sometimes they dont. Best of luck.
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Cantwaitformycruise211

ooh thats so sweet someone who actually likes there siblings lol..

haha well i no when we called to book are cruise, my friends gonna just have turned 15 and ill still be 14 for 2 months , so wed be in different groups. the guy said i wasnt a loud to go to her group, but she would be able to go down an age group...im not sure if thatll work because you have such a big age difference. youll deff. see eachother in the teen clubs and stuff though, if your ships is open for 14 year olds.

and there are ltos of otehr things you can do together
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Toni K

What I really am trying to figure out is whether I can still go to the teen disco. I don't think that we are going to do the Adventure Ocean program, but I do want to hang out with people my own age at night. I am not going on the cruise looking for a new BF and I really don't want college guys hitting on me.
Old August 9th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Jordan

I went on the Adventure of the Seas last year, and I met this guy named Eddie, who was 17, but looked much older, and he came to the disco with me. The person chaperoning the Teen Disco made him show his room key. If you're over 18, you get a hole punched in your card. If they see that you have a hole punched, they'll kick you out. Even parents were kicked out.

AIM-CheerJJ2002. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

-Navigator of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas- June 2004
Carnival Elation- March 1999
Old August 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Juvey

Default Re: Re: Age Check

WOw u guyz suck, i wasnt drunk i was jus a lil buzz and i didnt do nething that stupid and ndby thot i was acting like a total retard, wow i think next time i go on a cruise im guan stay with canrival the fun ship cuz alll the otha ships sound pretty stupid cuz kids like u guyz who dont noe how 2 hav fun.. and i mean our frends new it was us and luaghed they new it was jus a joke and we did not kick doors where ppl had parents in them take a frikkin joke danm...which i ask one quesiton which cruises are better ? and i think Carnival and also i think MIami ppl are funnier PEACE out and no im not a juvenile they jus call me juvey fuq u guyz
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

and this is why Carnival is just soo much better than royal caribbean..i mean..checkin id's?? thats gay...and thats why i always stick with carnival whenever i want to have fun on a cruise because everybody just awesome on carnival and they a.......dont check check id's?
Old August 17th, 2005, 09:42 PM
rossis market

carnivals disco also sucked big time compared to fuel on RCCL
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:04 AM
James murph

Default Re: Re: Age Check

the guy running fuel will have a list of the names and ages of people between the ages of 15 and 17 on the boat and they punch a hole in the corner of your card to show that you are this age, you wont be able to spend long in fuel!