Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak
Default Disney?

What does everyone think about Disney cruises? I havent been on one but am interested in seeing what other teens think about them!

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2006, 08:31 AM
susiesuds

I enjoyed mine alot. I was 16 at the time now. I dont know how Id feel about them now. There were alot of 16 year olds there too. The teen club stunk however. They yelled at me because I walked in in a bathing suit with shorts on. they said i need a shirt before i come back again, but it was on the pool deck..how was I supposed to know! Castaway Cay was pretty sweet too with there teen beach..but from what I recall it was a really long walk lol

overall it okay..but i dont see much of the party scene im intrested in now when i cruise :-)
Old April 9th, 2006, 09:33 PM
First Mate

I went on it but I was 11. and of course it was fun then but I don't remeber every little detail. but I dont kno if it would be as fun for "teens". I do remember a girl I meat older sister was having fun but that was 5yrs ago so IDK.
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to *Michelle*

i went on one with my friend last october and we had a lot of fun. there werent that many teens but we made some great friends. there would probably be more teens during the summer though. i love the teen room and the teen beach on castaway cay.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 20th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to goaliegurl89

I went on disney when i was 16 for spring break last yr and frankli it wasnt up to my royal caribbean standards. disney ships cater more to younger children aka the disney age kids...kids under 12 get half of an entire deck devoted to them while us teens and get a fake smoke stack to be a combination lounge/disco. It was the worst program i have ever experianced on a crusie.The teen club and activities were poorly planned,with low attendence and there was never anythign happening. I was the oldest person there on the first nite there were about 15 teens all about 13 or so at the little 411 thing and nobodi ever came bak to the teen club after that which is surprising since it was spring break/ They only had the disco open for dancing on the last nite, i stayed from opening till closing on the nite they opened it up for dancing as thats one of my fav socializing and cruise activities and at the most the entire nite there were 8 teens in the teen club it was ridiculous compared to royal caribbean because in order for us to dance they had to move the furniture for a makeshift dancefloor about 8 by 10. I was relli dissapointed since im used to the teen disco on ships being the center of excitment and fun..i live for jus dancin all nite with a full house of other teens and jsu hangin out .If your used to being pampered as a teen on royal caribbean the disney teen program is like roughing it in comparison. There were some good things in the teen program though that royal caribbena doesnt have.One thing is that all the little lounge areas have a little music station where u cna listen to a large collection of music on headfones which is kinda cool...and also one thing that relli rocks are the teen excursions. They have excursions such as a survivor style game on the private island which i signed up for but coudlnt get myself up at 5:30 in the morning to participate in and i participated in the thriller boat ride which was pretti awesome.It was a fire colored speed boat tour that raced across the water while a tour guide showed us historic areas and stars houses. Also another thing i liked about disney is that the teen host seem to absolutley love their jobs ive alwaiz had teen hosts that were cool and related to us teens and stuff but these teen host on disney seemd to go the extra mile to make the cruise enjoyable regardless of the fact that the teen facilities are lacking... In other words bottom line if your a regular RCCl crusier dont make the switch to disney unless ur expecting dissapointment. I absolutli love socializing and am used to a party type atmostphere with non stop fun on a crusie ship and to be truthfull disney doesnt cater to that so if your like me to be safe dont expect to much from disney
  • Wonder April '05
  • Adventure Thanksgiving '05
  • Freedom of the Seas Inaugural '06
*Carnival Liberty Xmas*
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Ewokdude

I went on Disney four years ago. I liked it then, but I dont know if I really would like it as much now. The rooms are big, the shows are pretty good, and the food was pretty good.
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

ive been on disney wonder 3 times. when i was 15, 16. and 18. and this summer im going on the disney magic ill be 19 and i love it . out of all the cruises ive been on disney is by far my favorite. and ive been on 13 cruises with both carnival and rccl . the food on disney is awsome, rooms are big, the shows awsome, i have nothing really bad to say about the disney cruise lines. the people are so much friendlier then on the other cruise lines their not at all stuck up. the crew super nice they can never do enough for you. everything is so much more fun and organized from the time you get into the port. even the waiting area to get on the ship is fun. they also have the best stores on the ship ever. its just awsome.
the teens room is awsome and the teen crew is super super nice they knew every bodys name and there were tons of teens both in the summer when i went and in the begining of december when i went. they cater to EVERYBODY no matter how old you are. and unlike the other cruise lines when you have those welcome back parties and the food is horrible or theres nothing for you to eat disney actually have awsome food i actually at it and im a REALLY picky person when it comes to that. and the captains speaches arent about how they can make more money and all that stuff. itz about how they make you happy and stuff like that..
if i had to pick between rccl, carnival or disney i would choose disney in a heartbeat over everything else. the only rccl ship i actually liked was the radiance which i was on in feb but i would still choose disney i think itz the best thing out there besides the radiance of the seas.
sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old April 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Hey thanks for everyones imput. I needed to get a feel of what teens thought about Disney because I was writing an article for Florida Travel and Lifestyles magazine, look for it this July/August!

Old April 24th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to superhero184

disney just seems too expensive.

Caribbean Islands Travel Guide
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to goaliegurl89

Yea disney is ridiculousli expensive a 3 day cruise costs the same as a 7day on royal caribbean...On disney your pretti much paying extra for the "Disney" name if you kno wut i mean not for a better cruise experiance.....
  • Wonder April '05
  • Adventure Thanksgiving '05
  • Freedom of the Seas Inaugural '06
*Carnival Liberty Xmas*
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Admiral

It did seem like Disney had more childish activities, which sort of bummed me out. They group their teens 13-17, and everyone knows a 17 year old is NOT going to want to hang out with 13 year olds!

Old April 25th, 2006, 08:03 AM
susiesuds

i hated the teen club on disney. i went once and never went back. i felt like like i was be babysat with like 12 year olds. not cool. and the fact that they kicked me out the first day was not cool either lol
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:40 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Ewokdude

Dan, I would say skip Disney from how much I know about you. Try the Freedom of the Seas or some other good ship