Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Beginner

Default qustion about 15-17 age for teen clubs

im 15. but my friend is 14
if you're 14 can yu get into the club anyway?
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Beginner

i know that on the cruises i've been on, they are pretty strict about it... i went through the same problem and i was the younger one who couldn't get in(carnival) so as far as i know, the younger one cant. sry
Old June 18th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Passenger

depends how old your friend looks
Old June 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_
depends how old your friend looks
sometimes, it just depends on which line. i know that the cruises i've been on, they have a list of every passenger under 18 that says how old they are, and the staff can check that list at anytime to tell you "no way".
Old June 18th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Passenger

dude its a teen club not boot camp, if you look younger/older than the age limit then they are gunna ask you how old you are and aslong as you dont look super young or old then you can just lie about it and that will be cool

if you look the right age then they probably wont even come upto you
Old June 18th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Beginner

oh yeah thanks mr. obvious.

i was on a cruise with my sister a few years ago, and even though i was plenty old enough to get in (and there were people who looked older than me) and they still checked my age.

im not trying to get into an argument here, im just stating an experience, so calm down!
Old June 18th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Depends, sometimes the check sometimes they dont. Carnival does I know that, they dont want younger teens in there.

If she looks older the director might let her in.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old June 19th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to lsclaf26 Send a message via MSN to lsclaf26

yeah on my last cruise i was almost 15 and they still wouldnt let me in...it was on royal carribbean so maybe the cruise your goin on is less strict

X Infinity- June 01'-Alaska
X Galaxy-July 02'- E. Caribbean
X Millennium-July 03'-Mediterranean
Empress of the Seas- June 04'-Bermuda
Enchantment of the Seas- August 05'- New England
Rhapsody of the Seas- July 06'-W. Caribbean
HAL Noordam- March 07'- S. Caribbean
Empress of the Seas- July 07'- Bermuda
NCL Pride of America July 08'- Hawaii (CANCELED :[)
Explorer of the Seas July 08'- New England
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:23 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to jucii 2swT Send a message via MSN to jucii 2swT

yeah on my last cruise which was royal caribbean.. they didnt check unless u didnt look the age. so yeah it really depends how old u look and the crowd u hang with
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to phatty2006 Send a message via MSN to phatty2006 Send a message via Yahoo to phatty2006

ITS A CRUISE SHIP NOONE CARES JUST ENJOY LIFE trust me just say your 16 and your good to go. its not like they are going to come to your house like 3years later saying you werent 16 at the time your going to jail.
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

For those of you ho are sugguesting lying first off, i agree lmao, if it works shoot for it but remember all the RC ships now have special laptops that they can scan your SeaPass and it immediatly shows your age and picture. Whether they choose to use it or not is up to the security guards. Chances are though that they will check everyone. Also many cruise lines are now marking your Seapass or Sail and Sign or w.e the card is on that line by age like for instance recently we traveled the mariner and Sov. of the Seas and they used 2 diff. hole punchers, star for 12-14 and a flower for 15-17. Carnival ships all have a passenger manifest in the clubs of all the people onboard between the ages of 12 and 17 that tells your name and age. Chances are however unless you look too young theywill not bother you as Carnival is pretty slack about checking for ages (and that goes for the adult clubs too ). Any Questions IM, PM or E-mail Ryanspecialevent@msn.com

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old June 27th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to phatty2006 Send a message via MSN to phatty2006 Send a message via Yahoo to phatty2006

Yes he is right usually on the carnival cruises you will get a sticker that says O2 on it
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
First Mate

when i was on royal carribean in november the 12-14yr olds were in the same room as 15-17 yr olds. it didnt bother anybody and some of the younger kids hung out with us cause you reallly didn't know how old anyone was anyway untill you asked. and it was suprising how young sopme poeple were compared to their looks.
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Passenger

meh they are getting more strick on this matter, because of the whole 17year old with a 12 year old.
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Agreed, many ships are cracking down on mingling between the age groups because of the liability of the Legal Age Of Consent. NYorkbabyy08, what ship wereyou on. It seems odd that they would have you in the same room unless it was the sovereign or a similar ship that does not have seperat facilities for the Living Room and Fuel (or Optix depending on the ship). The Voyager class ships for RC are really the best as they have Fuel mainly for 15-17 but 12-14 is in there a good bit too, but the living room seems to be, on those ships, a common ground for all ages 12+, which is good because like for instance: there are 14 year olds who are in HS which sucks for them because it must suck to be in HS and be stuck in a group with kids in 6 and 7th grade. Personally i think the ships should have a 12- 13/14 group and the group which is 15-17 now, should be High School Students that way 14 year olds who are in HS can be part of the activities as well as 18 year olds who are still in HS. Their policies really suck when you travel with friends and are spereated by age groups. Lol ok thats my $.02!

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to superhero184

yeah i was wondering the same thing. I am 14 less than 2 months away from 15, and in H.S. I am going on the sovereign this summer and i wanna get into fuel. is that possible?

Caribbean Islands Travel Guide
Old July 5th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to jucii 2swT Send a message via MSN to jucii 2swT

sure its possible if u look it. but some ships are more strict than others and they may check how old u are before u go in. but i personally think that if u seem and act old enough itll be alright. have a good time!
Old July 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

No on Carnival, it has a lot to do with legal issues!!!

RCCL has a checklist and will mark you off or punch a hole in your card.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to girl_next_door
Default ages for teen clubs

i'm young for someone in my grade. cuz i don't turn 16 until september and i'm going to be a junior. so back when i was going into 8th grade, i was still 12.

i was on an NCL cruise which doesn't separate the teens and it's just 13-17. i already made friends before the first night so we all went together. i told them i was 13 cuz that's how old most 8th graders are and i wanted to be in the teen club. i didn't think it was gonna be a problem, cuz on costa (which was all i've been on before this cruise) they never checked and i was 11 and hung out with the teens and they never knew. so when we all left the disco and went to another place to hang out, they stood by the door and checked everyone's age before we were allowed in, and of course all my new friends go in, but me and they yelled at me and told me to leave. i was so mad.. and so were my friends that i met. so they all left and we never went back to do the teen stuff except the disco, which they never checked. i thought that was stupid.
Old July 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Admiral

I just got back from an internship working with and learning about Club O2 on the Fantasy and i've seen that there are many differences between ships. On the Fantasy we have a passenger manifest of everyone from 0-18 and we check their name and age then if they are ok for CO2 then we give them a Club O2 sticker. However when i got onboard and got the DL, we were to let anyone who was 14 and 4 months all the way to anyone who was 18 1/2 and under. The diversity in the club was pretty vast, whereas on Dan's ship they appear to be strict. As for RC, if you are within 1 month of 15 you must attend 3 activities for your age group and then if you still want to your parents can sign a waiver stating that they want you moved up to the 15-17 group and then you will be moved up.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to youngnicco Send a message via MSN to youngnicco

I was on a few NCL ships and they didnt really check to see how old anyone was but i heard RC could be a bit more strict about their age groups.
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Passenger

heya!!!
u could say they r 15 or just ask if they can cum neway! on my last cruise they let my lil cuz whos 13 in2 the club 4 15 yr olds!! so it shud be ok! gd luk x

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to CRUISEKID43
Default Its ok i did it on carnival and rccl

Whitch cruise line ru going on now and when?
Old July 27th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Admiral

lmfao tilting right on the Crown Princess[/quote]

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old August 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Passenger

Hey,
I'm gonna be 16 when I go on my cruise on March Break of 2006. I'm going with my cousin who will also be 16. So we will have no problem wutsoever getting into the club/disco thing right? And also, I hear we can't have alcohol and **** on the cruise if we're under 18 or 21 or some age like that..that definitely sucks!..
Will we be able to get into the 18+ club or is that outta the question? If anyone knows some of these answers..could you please tell me? Thanks a lot, guys.
Lola.
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Ok well heres my disclaimer and info:

~ If you are under the legal age for drinking aboard your ship then do not drink.

Ok that being said, no you can not take alcoholic beverages into the teen clubs on any ship. The drinking age on different cruise lines is different. Royal Caribbean Ships it is 18 for beer and wine and 21 for drinks containing liquor. On ALL Carnival Ships drinking age for all beverages is 21. (Princess is owned by Carnival) I personally know from my experiences working with carnival this summer that if you come into the teen club intoxicated or with an alcoholic beverage then you will be apprehended by security and could cause the club to be shut down which is not theway to make friends if you get my drift. As for the adult clubs, there is another post where there was plenty of flaming and rude comment made over a simple matter but in essence here it is: On Carnival owned ships usually there is security at the entrance of all the night clubs. Some ships have electronic computers which scan your boarding card and tell your age. If this is the case then yes it is out of the question. Trust me, i'm your age and have been on many many cruises, you do not want to hang in the adult club. You will have a much better time chilling in the teen club, which on Princess ships is very cool. Keep in mind that this is also where all the other teens your age will be meeting. FYI if you do get into the adult club, do not try ordering anything from the bar, they will have to charge your boarding card/ship account and when scanned it will reveal your age and you will be screwed. You will find however that the adult club is usually filled with just that, adults usually older adults and not the 18-20 college crowd you are imagining. Try searching these boards in the teen section, many times the questions you have have already been answeres elsewhere. If you have more questions and want the honest answers to them then send me a private message or an e-mail at Ryanspecialevent@msn.com

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old August 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Woooa, Okay. I'm not concerned about the drinking at all lol I don't care. So that was one big explanation about alcohol that I didn't need cuz i dont care about drinking really at all.
And uhmmm..so either way I'll be able to get into the teen club then rite? Kay good that's all I want.
Old August 5th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
And also, I hear we can't have alcohol and **** on the cruise if we're under 18 or 21 or some age like that..that definitely sucks!..
U mentioned that you were concerned about alcohol on your cruise in the above sentence therefore i tossed in my $.02 about drinking on ships. It seems u do care about drinking but if not then good.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to girl_next_door
Default 15-17

i was just on the empress.

i was friends with these two guys who were best friends, practically brothers and came on the ship together.

one was 14 and the other was 15. they didn't let the 15 year old in for one of the activities. so we stopped going.
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Passenger

Hey,
So they didn't let the 14 yr old in the activities or the 15 yr old..why wouldn't they let the 15 yr old in i dont understand..what kinds of activities were these? And also, wut is yur age and where are you from?
Did you go to the disco or anything like that. Were the teen things lame or what? Let me know.
Lola.