Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Beginner

Default my first cruise (15 yrs. old)

im going on a royal caribbean seven day cruise on the freedom ship. i'm really excited because i haven't been on a cruise before. What should I wear, will shorts or jeans be fine? can you wear any kind of top? Will there be anybody my age, and are teens allowed to use the workout room and jacuzzi? I know i'm asking a lot of questions, but i don't really know anything about it. myspace: www.myspace.com/taylorkiss
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Passenger

youve got a week to try and loose your virgintiy, dont screw up
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Yes, you can do basically everything you want. Freedom is an awesome ship, make sure you try the Flowrider, it is awesome.

As for cloths, you can wear whatever you want.. so dont worry.

Have fun.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Passenger

you can wear anything basically what you wear on a everyday basis is fine. i always wore shorts and tanks/t-shirts on board and at night (after dinner i put on a cute tank top and a skirt. i wore flip flops every day too (except for dinner) you don't have to worry about what you wear or get all dressed up unless its formal night.
i packed jeans and wore them at night a few times because it got windy, you might want a zip up sweat shirt or longsleeves too.
there are most likely going to be teens your age on the ship i find the 15-17 to be the largest age group
the youngest age to be allowed in the workout room is 16 but when i was in there and there were kids ages 10-16 (but the 10-12 yr olds were working out they were just in the jacuzzi)
there are jacuzzis that teens (any age) are allowed in and there is an adults pool that has its own jacuzzi but if you're 16 (or look it) you could probably get away with being in there, i saw kids in there probably aroud your age
no problem with the questions
and remember im comparing this to the mariner so except for the clothes and age group advice i might be a little off...

hope you have fun!!!

i agree with dan you should DEFINATELY try the flow rider (i've never been on it but im dying to!)

(sorry, i wrote so much!)
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:16 PM
First Mate

Pete, can you think of anything else besides alcohol and sex?
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

If you all havent noticed yet, pete is our resident instigator here on cruisemates.com. Thats ok though i think that as much of an ass as he may be he must like cruising just as much as the rest of us or he wouldnt have looked, and found this place. The only thing is that he views cruising a bit different than the rest of us. Lets just all try to get along and ignore anything stupid. (Yea i was taught to kill em' with kindness)

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Beginner

Pete doesn't bother me. I actually think he's funny. He reminds me of one of my friends.
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to mizzkellzee

I am 15 years old too and I'm going on a cruise this Christmas. I am kind of scared to meet new people and I hope I will. I think you should wear what you feel comfortable in. Bring a variety of clothes incase of weather.
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: my first cruise (15 yrs. old)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayls
im going on a royal caribbean seven day cruise on the freedom ship. i'm really excited because i haven't been on a cruise before. What should I wear, will shorts or jeans be fine? can you wear any kind of top? Will there be anybody my age, and are teens allowed to use the workout room and jacuzzi? I know i'm asking a lot of questions, but i don't really know anything about it. myspace: www.myspace.com/taylorkiss
ahh thats so sweet that youre going on Freedom of the Seas!!!! im assuming that youre going on a cruise to the caribbean...so dont forget your bikni! or 3 of them!! during the day, you will probably want to wear shorts since theyre most comfortable with a tank top. of course with your swim suit underneath since you'll be going off the ship and onto shore to explore the island and beaches! i would say you can wear any kind of top during the day..but not at night to dinner. bring jeans and a hoodie too...cuz i know up on deck at night it gets pretty chilly with the wind and everything. On formal nights, you get to get all dressed up! Formal nights are my favorite!!! Gorgeous dresses, flashy jewelry, and hot shoes!! plus the best food is usually served on formal nights, like lobster! Of course there will be people your age! almost every cruise has teens! and yes, you can use the workout room. the rules say you have to be 16, but they dont check as long as you look it. before every cruise...i think to myself that i should use the workout room cuz its right there and i should stay in shape since im gonna be eating so much...but you have so much fun swimming and running around the islands that i never got around to working out!! maybe next time.....sometime i think i will if im like wicked bored and go with my mom. the jacuzzi are tons of fun!!! on my last cruise...all the teens went in one and had our own little hot tub party! it was during the day on a sea day and we kinda kicked some old man out...but he was on his cell phone and all alone in one so its OK lol.

yep and i added you on Myspace!!! let me know if you have anymore questions!!!!

Kristina

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean