CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   how easy is it too..... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/317397-how-easy-too.html)

pete_ July 18th, 2006 05:12 PM

how easy is it too.....

avoid going to the muster drill?

i cant ever remember having names called and as i have my own room im thinking about just hiding in the cupboard while the rooms are checked

anyone ever done this and been succesful / got caught

lsclaf26 July 18th, 2006 05:37 PM

yeah my brother tried to avoid it...hiding under the bed? but they found him and made him go...idk about other cruise lines but i no on royal caribbean they check a list i would just hide in the bathroom if you really dont wanna go!

The Cruise Guy July 18th, 2006 05:47 PM

Hide in the safe or the refridgerator. they never check there, inside the bathroom toilet is another good place.

susiesuds July 18th, 2006 06:21 PM

why dont you just go? its not that long and everyone else is there anyways...

pete_ July 18th, 2006 07:10 PM

because it sucks that why

jamandamn14@yahoo.co.uk July 19th, 2006 05:02 AM

while your there pete you can check out the talent LOL and also my parents were like 15 mins late for it once and they had to have a meeting with the captain, so its not worth missing it.

Djcarolina July 19th, 2006 08:18 PM

Here on Carnival you have an option. Well its really not an option but like if u refuse to go ur cabin steward will give you a sheet that states that you refused to go to the drill and that u have read the evcuation notices and policies which u will sign. Every time we have been onboard with RC, we have had our cabin checked off. On carnival, every cabin is fully checked and a red "Evacuated" tag is inserted into the lock. I agree that the drills are a bit annoying but u need to remember that there is a reason that these drills are mandated by the Coast Guard and performed by the ships for a reson, for your safety. The best thing to do is just go to the drill because every person that doesnt go makes it last even longer.

DanPolulak July 20th, 2006 02:59 PM

Oh please...

Just go to the drill, it takes 15minutes, and think, us crew has to do it every single week.

Plus, if you come late, everyone else has to stay late, so just come maybe 2-3 minutes after the alarm and you will be fine.

If people had the option, and the ship went down we would have tons of people complaining on how they went told to go to the drill! :-P

Ewokdude July 21st, 2006 07:50 PM

Just go to the drill, it is there to help you. They do it for a reason.

The Cruise Guy July 21st, 2006 09:52 PM

As Forrest Gump said "Stupid is what stupid does."

NY__A23 July 25th, 2006 11:36 AM

It actually is near to impossible to avoid it, it isnt that bad come on, it is only like a half hour-45mins if that.

ravv July 26th, 2006 12:32 AM

haha me and my brother toooootally avoided it last time we were on a cruise at royal caribbean.

We were on the top deck looking at the sites on the boat, both me and my bro together. and everyone was at the top of the boat with us right before we went into the arcade. We spent like 10 minutes in there then came out and it was like the boat was mass evacuated (it was our first time on there, so we had no idea about the muster drill).

we couldn't hear a thing in the arcade and no one came in there to check. we ran into a worker or two when we left the arcade and they tried to explain to us what was going down but they decided better of it and told us to go to our room and just wait in it. we pulled out the red tag and sat in our room for like 10 minutes, but because we were already 15 or 20 minutes late no one was around checking haha. We shoulda just stayed in the arcade.

Distaz July 26th, 2006 05:23 PM

****, I didn't even know they were that hardcore about the drills, what with checking your rooms and whatnot.

cHEerbaBi<3 August 6th, 2006 04:06 PM

ive never tried, my family always makes me do it, theyre totally pointless. nobody is actually going to take the time to find their section if there is an emergency theyre going to go to the nearest life boat. there are always tons of little kids crying because they think were actually going to sink and their all screaming i don wana die or i wanna go home and it makes people nervous. they should just tell people what deck the life boats are on and how to get there which is on the doors of the staterooms neway...

that was kinda off topic

The Cruise Guy August 6th, 2006 06:57 PM

Cher, good point, then again I think your suggestion is how they handled it on the Titanic. Like comedien Ron White says "You can't fix stupid".