CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Need advice on RCCL to the Caribbean. :D (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/324732-need-advice-rccl-caribbean-d.html)

HowAreYou December 16th, 2006 03:37 PM

Need advice on RCCL to the Caribbean. :D

I'm 18 years old and will be traveling with my mom on our first cruise this coming year.

We were first going to go to Europe but then called up the RCCL travel agents. And, they told us that the crowd that goes to Europe is usually the older crowd. And, they told us if we want to really enjoy the cruise to stick with the Islands.

So, we did some research and found a cruise that actually falls on my 19th birthday. December 8 for 7 nights to the Carribean. I wanted to find out since I know some schools are still in session will there be young people also on the tour or is this one of those chances that the older people go since they know they'll beat the young crowd?

If we go on this one the ship is Freedom o/t Seas which looks like an amazing ship. :)

Can someone please tell me if this is a good idea to go at that time? We also want to take a small 5 night cruise on October 7 aboard the Explorer o/t Seas. Also, since this is when school is in session what is your opinion on my mother and I going?

Any other input you can provide will be much appreciated. :)

Kristina99 December 16th, 2006 07:58 PM

If you go in December, there will probably be younger people!! plus its an amazing ship (freedom) that attracts the younger crowd, so i would worry.

and for october....basically the same thing. and its a 5-night cruise, and the shorter the cruise the more younger people that will be onboard.
have fun!

Kris

lsclaf26 December 16th, 2006 08:39 PM

yeah if you go on freedom-especially in dec. there will def be younger people since its such a teen/family geared boat. my friend went on it and said it was amazing!

HowAreYou December 16th, 2006 08:41 PM

Was just making sure because school is still in session I dont know if parents usually take their kids out.

Kristina99 December 16th, 2006 09:17 PM

we almost always cruise during school. the prices tend to be a lot cheaper then!! as long as you do well in school and make up all the work, your parents shouldnt have an issue with taking you out of school!

Kris

jersey_girl_at_heart December 16th, 2006 09:34 PM

i might go on freedom of the seas in november, but on the 4th.

freedom is a boat with tons of families, so im sure that whenever you go there will be a lot of people your age = ]

and explorer there will also be a lot because its a short cruise, so if teens dont want to miss school..they won't miss that much!

HowAreYou December 16th, 2006 10:46 PM

Thanks...

We finally decided what we are going to do. We are going to go to Spain for 16 days with a tour group we go with every year in August. And then we are going to go for a 7 days cruise to the Caribbean from January 6th or January 13 I can't remember what we chose but i'm pretty sure it was January 6th. And, it's freedom of the seas.

:D

I'll be 19 years old and since college is off at that time i'm sure many college students would be on it as well as adults and teenagers.

Thanks for the help.. this board definetly helped me :D

Kristina99 December 16th, 2006 11:32 PM

wow 16 days in Spain!! sounds amazing!!!!

and so does a cruise on Freedom!!!

i hope you have fun!!! pfft i know you will!!!!

Kris

HowAreYou December 16th, 2006 11:50 PM

LMFAOO !!

yeh.. I really hope (know) I will. :D

It's exciting just thinking about it. hehe.

But even more it's soo good to finally know what we're going to do. It was so tiring trying to figure out what we want. Lol.

I just cant wait to have fun on a cruise. Never been on a cruise so I don't know the "cruise experience". Feel free to put your input on the "Cruise Experience". :D Just heard.. it's impossible to have that much fun anywhere. And, that since i'm 18 (will be 19 :D) I can do and go anywhere. :) Which def makes it sound even better.

:o I cant wait. Ugh.. it's sad to think I have to wait till Jan 2008 :cry:

Kristina99 December 17th, 2006 01:15 AM

omg youre going to have such an amazing time!!!! and youre going to realize...i wish i started cruising years ago!!! but its wicked cool that you will have free roam of the ship since youre 18!!

The "Cruise Experience"
*food. tons of food. all the time! amazing delicious food!! whatever you want, its there!
*friends. i dont know what it is, but the peole on cruise are just so much better than those in school!
*traveling. you get to visit these far-away ports of call which are gorgeous! since you havent been to the Caribbean yet, its going to be even more fantastic and beautiful!
*partying. does dancing the night away sound perfect? yes! of course it does! when its with those new hotties you met!

cept it really sucks that you have to wait until January 08!! at least you have Spain to look forward to before then! and graduating!!!! and then college!! ahhh soo much! lol

ahhh god now i wish i was going on a cruise soon!!

Kris

HowAreYou December 17th, 2006 02:39 PM

lol. I'm in college now. :)

I'll be 19 when I go on the cruise.

I def do love what you described as the cruising experience. Dancing all night isn't enough..EVER.. for me. I love it. :)

I def can't wait to meet people. :)

And... food.. I personally can't eat that much. I barely eat at home lol. I don't starve..Just either no time or not hungry. lol.

Yeh, I have a myspace. www.myspace.com/miichieee just pics haven't been updated in a little while since my webcam broke.

Kristina99 December 17th, 2006 08:29 PM

lmao. im sorry. im blonde (kinda)

i wish i was on a cruise right now. just so i could dance all night long. i love it!! and dancing on stage during the parties and in the pool!! ahhh

Kris

HowAreYou December 17th, 2006 08:34 PM

hehe :) im blonde (kinda) too dont worry. i color my hair. =]

and definetly i can dance all night long. i used to perform on stage professionally. now i sing professionally. :)

i'm gonna go watch the 8 pm special on the freedom of the seas with samantha brown so i can get excited about the cruise.

=]

Kristina99 December 17th, 2006 08:53 PM

ahhhhh i LOVE samantha brown!!! i want her job! lol. oo its almost 8 i think i have to watch it too!!

thats soo cool that you used to dance pro. and now sing!! i wish i could sing! at least i can dance haha

Kris

HowAreYou December 17th, 2006 09:58 PM

omg .. I agree with you ! My tivo records most of her shows. Like passport and stuff. She's got the balls to go and do something that almot 99.9999% of people would NEVER do on tv. hehe.

It's fun watching her. And, yeh i agree I would loveee her job. Everytime she stayed in a hotel within the united states she'd go and get FREE SPA TREATMENTS ! i wantttt. *drools* lol. I heard that even with the ship to get a spa appt we gotta book the first day and me and my mom SO ARE ! :D

And, yeh i absolutely lovee singing. I performed with some celebs which def puts the frosting on the cake. :D And, dancing is like the most fun thing on earth !! :D

HowAreYou December 17th, 2006 10:13 PM

yeh.. I just watched the freedom one too :D

She's does an amazing job on her shows. And, that show definetly got my mother and I excited for our cruise. :D

Samantha even got us to now go for the BALCONY !! :D

Ahh !! waking up to the sunrise with a cup of coffee in my hand... sounds like heavenn :)

And, I am DEF trying the flowrided :D. My mom personally doesn't believe I will if there's any hot/cute guys standing around because my fall my not be a "pretty fall" or my hair will get messed up. LOL. All I said was that a dare? and screww tha guys that thing looks like soo much fun. :D

And ICE SKATING !! And, we're def going to do the 2 optionals she did the dolphin encounter and the thing where she sat in the canopy thingie i guess and went side to side in the rainforest with the little nature walks. :D

And, the GYM is amazingg. I will def not have to worry of feeling like I haven't completed my day because I couldn't get my full workout like usual. hehe

That ship definetly looks like a blast. I can't wait now. Sad I have to wait for a year. :( lol

I_Live_4_Cruises December 18th, 2006 07:17 PM

The flowrider looks like SO much fun! I wanna try that so bad! Hopefully your year will go by fast so you can cruise. :D

lsclaf26 December 18th, 2006 07:34 PM

i wanna go on it so bad! id probaly make such a fool of myself thou!

jersey_girl_at_heart December 18th, 2006 07:36 PM

if i go on FOS in november (which looks like its going to happen..yay)

i want to try it..i think i would have good balance since i did pointe and you really need it..but with people watching i would fall right away..lol

lsclaf26 December 18th, 2006 07:39 PM

haha im sure everyone falls so i wouldnt be TOO embarssed!

I_Live_4_Cruises December 18th, 2006 07:57 PM

Yeah, I would definitely fall. It would be like "Oh look she's on... she's getting up.... she's catching onnnn JUST KIDDING, SPLAT! haha

lsclaf26 December 18th, 2006 07:58 PM

yup yup yup!! hahha i so would. i would laugh thou!

Kristina99 December 18th, 2006 08:35 PM

haha!!! i would fall too!! i have balance from horseback riding and yoga...but thats a totally different kind of balance than surfing!!!

so i would go SPLAT too

Kris

jersey_girl_at_heart December 18th, 2006 08:46 PM

the only people who wouldn't go splat are the surfers, if they happen to be on a cruise..

...which would be a plus!

Kristina99 December 18th, 2006 08:49 PM

ooo surfers!!! i love them. i think i need a cruise out of Cali so theres a lot of hot cali surfer guys onboard!!

Kris

jersey_girl_at_heart December 18th, 2006 08:54 PM

me to.
i originally looked at cruises out of cali that go to hawaii, but i didn't like the ships that went there! lol

Kristina99 December 18th, 2006 08:56 PM

who cares what the ship looks like when theres hot cali surfers to hang out with? plus i bet Hawaii is beautiful so that will make up for it too!

Kris

jersey_girl_at_heart December 18th, 2006 08:58 PM

that is true..and mostly if your going to hawaii, your on an island every day, and with the hot guys i could make a compromise

lsclaf26 December 18th, 2006 09:13 PM

i LOVE surfers. there very hot!

Kristina99 December 18th, 2006 09:54 PM

who doesnt love surfers!?!?!?

ahhh i want one. right now. but ill take one for xmas too!

Kris