Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to etnieslover
Default Help! how to meet other teens on cruises?

Hey..i've been on atleast 5 cruises and i never get the courage to go up and meet other teens. Well, last cruise i went on, i did meet some friends but it turned out i had virus and i ended up spending the whole week in my cabins washroom throwing up. Anyways, i'm going on one in march and its 11 days so I definetly want to meet some people.Im extremely shy but I don't know why. I can't just go up to them...can anyone help me out here and give me some tips as to when i go to the teen hangout place on the first night. I definetly think i have to change my personality and be extremely outgoing...any tips on how to do that.And i'd like to meet some hot guys,... so any advice there would be awesome! thanx so much

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Admiral

you really need to go to the teen club on the first night!! even if the club sucks...just go so you can meet people..and then find them for the rest of the cruise!!
since its an 11night cruise...i dont expect there to be too many teens onboard...but you will find the ones that are!!!
and DONT BE SHY!!! you should go and introduce yourself to people!!! cuz everyone is shy at first!!
have fun!

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean
CCL Victory 11/02 Eastern Caribbean

Old January 18th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Passenger

My mom asked princess if there were going to be alot of teens onboard and they said 50 kids aged 3 to 17 would be on? I don't know if thats alot or not for a cruise? How do you just go up and introduce yourself.What shoudl you do or say?everytime i've been to the club on the first night, it looked like everyone was already good friends

Old January 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to jersey_girl_at_heart Send a message via Skype™ to jersey_girl_at_heart

well im really shy too!

well 50 is an ok number, on my crown princess there were over 300 teens from that range..but it was summer and a new ship and stuff..and 10days!

but umm, just go up to people that look nice, and say hey im__, and just start talking!

Upcoming Cruises;
none at the moment =[

Past Cruises;
-Ocean Coral & Turquesa Resort; August 2009
-Mariner of the Seas; August 2008
-Explorer of the Seas; July 2007
-Crown Princess; July 2006
-Voyager of the Seas - July 2005
-Disney Wonder - November 2001
-Big Red Boat..not sure when

Old January 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
First Mate

even if your too shy to go up to pople at least go cause others wont be and will come up to you. usually i am outgoing but last yr idk i just felt awkward. luckly others came upt o me tho. and i ended up meeting the best peopel ever.
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Thanx!! im feeling a little more positive. After all were all in the same boat. Yah! i'm excited now..it's not like ill ever see them again so i might as well go all out. thanx

Old January 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Admiral

50 is an alright number...there were like 100 3-17 year olds on my 10 day cruise..but this one is 11 days..and the longer the cruise the less teens and kids there will be!

and when you go to the club....just be yourself (maybe extra outgoing of youre not already) and introduce yourself..ask where theyre from and how old they are...fav band and movie maybe? and then turn it into a group discussion and that way you can find out who you want to be friends with the most and have the most in common with.
on my last cruise...we played a game..where you had to say your name age and where youre from ...plus 3 random facts about yourself...2 of them true and 1 a lie. then people had to guess which one the lie was. it was fun and warmed everyone up to each other.

and if everyone is already friends..just bump into their group and be like "im "name". mann isnt this pizza the best??" or something like that.

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean
CCL Victory 11/02 Eastern Caribbean

Old January 18th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to jucii 2swT Send a message via MSN to jucii 2swT

hey girl, your from ottawa! cool stuff. my sister moved there for school.
but anyway yeah...the princess crowd are usually nice i find.

basically you can go anywhere and youll find friends to hang out with. but you might have to be the one to go up to them.

after dinner the first night my family went to the karaoke (its like a tradition lol) and there my sis met a girl about her age.
i went alone the first night to the teen thing. honestly i didnt meet all my friends there... i just got to scope out some teens and get introduced to ppl and vice versa. i found they werent really my type... but later on i met these two guys from ny and started talking to them. from them i came across people they knew. and thats pretty much how i met everyone else, through other people.
Royal Caribbean (3)
Old January 18th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Passenger

Thats awesome...lucky me i get to stay here for Uni next year oh well haha yah im ubber excited for my cruise ..you guys got guts to just randomly meet people. I don't get it with myself..i have plenty of friends here at home and i can talk to people i just met if my friends are around but once im outside of my 'home' it's like ahhh.but im going to change that this year

Old January 19th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Passenger

Just ask people how they are enjoying the cruise. It's not that hard if you want to meet people. You may not want to meet people, which is OK too.
Norwegian Cruise Line- 2
Regent Seven Seas Cruises- 2
Cunard Line- 2
Holland America Line- 1
Princess Cruises- 1

Nights on ship: 246
Old January 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to girl_next_door

wow 50 isnt a lot at all but there should be some teens for you to meet. go to the thing on the first night. if people are already starting to talk just go join them. they dont care, they wanna meet as much people as possible. if you dont like them, there will probably be more out there. i didnt like the people at the teen club the first night so i met people on my own. that's harder, but if you're outgoing enough you can do it. all i did was walk up to people and be like "wanna hang out with me?" and they just said sure. or i was in the glass elevators and saw someone so i stopped at there floor and told them to come in the elevator. and they did.
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to lsclaf26 Send a message via MSN to lsclaf26

50 isnt alot but thats still 50 people you could be hanging out with!
but just go to the meet night the first night...even if you dont like to hang out in the teen clubs its so helpful to meet people the first night.

X Infinity- June 01'-Alaska
X Galaxy-July 02'- E. Caribbean
X Millennium-July 03'-Mediterranean
Empress of the Seas- June 04'-Bermuda
Enchantment of the Seas- August 05'- New England
Rhapsody of the Seas- July 06'-W. Caribbean
HAL Noordam- March 07'- S. Caribbean
Empress of the Seas- July 07'- Bermuda
NCL Pride of America July 08'- Hawaii (CANCELED :[)
Explorer of the Seas July 08'- New England
Old January 20th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Wow!
Wow? Only 50 for ages 3-17!!!!

?Amount of teens?
Who knows how many are around your age then. Usually there are a couple hundred teens on the ships I go on for just the 15-17 age group. But you will still have a ton of fun.

Go to the Teen Meeting
Like everyone said, you definitely HAVE to go to the teen thing on the first night to see who all is onboard. Even if all the teens don't go you will have a better oportunity to meet other kids because everyone else will be looking for a friend just like you are.

3 Simple Questions to Make Friends!
Smile and walk up to people and ask:
1) Their name
2) How old they are
3) Where they live
These 3 general questions are usually the start to every cruise conversation. Know the basics about the person and take the conversation from there.

Talk to Tons of People! (especially on the first night!)
Try and meet as many people as you can because you never know whose personalities you will mesh with the best. You may get bored with certain people a couple days into the cruise and you will be mighty glad you met other people as back-up.

Talk to Teens In Random Places
Not only can you meet teens in the actual club, but if you see other teens around the ship just go up and introduce yourself. A lot of times the other person is hoping that someone will talk to them just as much as you want someone to talk to you, so it all works out. No one wants to hang out by themselves on vacation (especially cruises) which makes everyone more open and your job (talking and getting to know people) much easier.

Have a great cruise!
Good luck! I'm sure you will meet some great people!

CRUISES I HAVE TAKEN SO FAR...
Disney Wonder (2003)
Carnival Inspiration (2004)
Carnival Victory (2005)
Carnival Miracle 2006-2007 (New Years Cruise)
Carnival Liberty (June 9, 2007)
Carnival Glory (July 5, 2008)
Carnival Inspiration (March 28, 2009*18th birthday Cruise!!)