CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Carnival Freedom vs. Mariner of the Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/331275-carnival-freedom-vs-mariner-seas.html)

evolutiondob April 6th, 2007 12:08 PM

Carnival Freedom vs. Mariner of the Seas

Hello All:

I am a mom who is trying to decide whether to book a cruise on either Carnival Freedom or Mariner of the Seas. The focus of the cruise is for my two children - 17 year old son, 12 year old daughter. It's very important to me that they have a good time. So, I'll tell you a little about them both and I would appreciate it if you all could tell me (based on your experience with either cruiseline) which line would be a good fit.

My son has a quiet but outgoing personality. He's a video game junky, loves to play basketball, likes to dance and tends to make friends easily. I can very much see him participating in the teen activities. My daughter is very outgoing and likes to do group activities. She loves to swim and have sleep overs. Out of the two, my son would be the hardest to please.

Which of the two cruises do you think would be the best? Thanks so much for your input.

lutziebaby April 6th, 2007 12:41 PM

I've never been on RCCL but I've been on Carnival and I loved Club o2 on CCL. It seems like there would be plenty of activities that he would enjoy too. They have a teen club where most teens dance at night and during the day they have video games and things like that and other fun activities. They also have basketball games and volleyball games and things like that.

And for the twelve year old there is plenty of swimming on any cruise ship you might pick. They all have 3 or 4 pools. And I know that Camp Carnival does have a sleep over one night where the kids can stay at Camp Carnival all night and then leave at like 8 am and they do fun things and watch movies and things like that. I think there was a fee involved there but it wasnt too much and all the kids that I know that did it loved it and had a lot of fun.

jersey_girl_at_heart April 6th, 2007 12:54 PM

I have never been on Carnival, but I have been on Royal Caribbean!

Although I haven't been on Mariner of the Seas, I have been on her sister ship Voyager, and my brothers friend just came back from the Mariner! He only had good things to say about it.

If you choose the Mariner you can please both your children. There is a huge basketball court which your son would love, plus the arcade! And on Voyager they had some really fun activities, so I'm sure they will on Mariner too! Plus the pools are really nice! It is very easy to meet people on royal caribbean, when I went on it, a large majority of the teens went the first night to meet people! Plus Johnny rockets is so fun, and the ice skating rink and the rock climbing wall! You will never see your kids! lol

So I say Mariner of the Seas!

evolutiondob April 6th, 2007 01:38 PM

Thank you for both of your input. Seems like I can't go wrong with either choice.

Anyone else?

Dantehman April 6th, 2007 02:54 PM

I would go with Carnival because there seems to be more teens. I may be wrong

im kinda a big deal April 6th, 2007 05:00 PM

ive been on both carnival and rccl. and i loved both. they are my favorite cruiselines. you cant go wrong with either cruiseline. but i think i would go with carnival freedom.

Ainsley April 6th, 2007 09:24 PM

Go with Carnival :] its sooo awesome! I have been on several Carnival cruises and Club O2 is sooo awesome. The activities for the 17yr old will exceed his expectations. My sister is 12 and she loved Camp Carnival so def. Carnival.

Kristina99 April 8th, 2007 12:28 AM

I have never been on RCCL, only CCL.

The CCL Freedom is a brand new ship, and would be a great choice for you.

Any ship you pick is guaranteed to have multiple pools, a sports court, and an arcade. Dancing is a nightly activity.

Im picking the CCL Freedom.

jmoneeeey April 8th, 2007 06:07 PM

carnival freedom for sure. you kids will have the most fun on there, because carnival is the "fun ships" of course! i just got off the carnival pride today and i wish i could go back right now!!!! the freedom is a brand new ship so that alone is a good reason to pick it!

BubblyTink April 8th, 2007 06:54 PM

I am 17 and just went on Mariner. It is a great ship and I believe that both of your kids would have a wonderful time. They have a few pools, full basketball court plus a whole bunch of other sporty type things plus the teens have a lounge and a club so they can relax in The Living Room and then your son will be able to go dance the night away in Fuel (15-17 only after 10 or 11)

evolutiondob April 8th, 2007 09:37 PM

Thank You All . .

for your input. Looks like Carnival Freedom wins out with the teen group so I think I'll go with that. Thanks so much for your help. I'm sure my kids will have a great time.