CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Teen opinin on Carnival Freedom vs. Freedom of the Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/333078-teen-opinin-carnival-freedom-vs-freedom-seas.html)

evolutiondob May 10th, 2007 02:10 PM

Teen opinin on Carnival Freedom vs. Freedom of the Seas

Ok, I'm traveling with two children - ages 17 and 12. There is only a $200 difference in cost for a Thanksgiving cruise between the two ships (with RCI being the higher of the two). Which ship would you go on? Itineraries are the same. Honestly, I have no particular preference as I've only cruised once, but this cruise is for my children and I want for them to have a memorable experience. I'm really stuck here so any advice would be great. I am currently booked on both ships and need to cancel one.

jersey_girl_at_heart May 10th, 2007 04:38 PM

Welll I say Freedom of the Seas.

It has everything you could possibly want..ice skating, flowrider, mini golf, rock climbing, H20 zone, the teen things on RCCL are amazing.

My friend went on Freedom of the Seas and said she had the time of her life, it was her first cruise.

My friend said she was never bored, and she meet a lot of fun people to chill with.

I also love the RCCL ships that have the promenade inside of it, so much better then just the atrium area..

I'm sure whichever ship you choose they will have fun!

c_m_alex May 10th, 2007 08:42 PM

i agree. i always have more fun on RCI. theres always a billion things to do. i went on freedom a year ago and had a blast.

girl_next_door May 10th, 2007 11:35 PM

i haven't been on either, but i've been on both lines. personally i like RCCL better, but if i had to choose between the two, i would probably choose carnival freedom just because i like smaller ships better and i think all of those activities might take away from the whole cruise experience for me. when i go on cruises, i just like to relax and just take a break and do nothing. when i went on a RCCL ship, i didnt even do the rock wall.

just remember, it's a cruise. you're gonna have fun either way and you don't need all the extras to have fun.

but everyone seems to love the freedom of the seas. so i mean it depends. ask your kids. see what they think.

SuperGreg May 11th, 2007 03:35 AM

Personally, I love Carnival and happen to enjoy myself much more than when i'm on RCCL.

But like people before have said, "I'm sure whichever ship you choose they will have fun!".

Enjoy!

jmoneeeey May 11th, 2007 04:48 AM

im gonna have to say, the carnival freedom. carnival is fun for everyone, especially teens. and i have to agree.. the freedom of the seas seems like it has everthing a cruise ship could possibly have, but to me it seems a little to big and kinda overwelming. i'm going on my 8th carnival cruise this summer... and i have never had one that i did not like!

Kristina99 May 12th, 2007 12:01 AM

I say CCL Freedom. It is not nearly as big as the Freedom of the Seas, so your teens, like Jess said, wont be overwhelmed. After all, it is their first cruise so they dont really know what to expect. Carnival is a really fun line, therees always tons of things to do and im sure your kids will love it.

~*Reeciecupp*~ May 12th, 2007 01:11 AM

The Royal Carribean cruises are more teen than adult so yea. I know this because my friends down the street went on it they said they had a blast but their parents hated it. I thinks it's all about the mood. Personally i prefer Carnival, well one i have not been on any other cruise line, two my aunt told me the food on Royal carribean was awful compared to Carnival. But i belive both of carnivals resturants (main dinning and the supper club dinning) are both 5 star just as of this year. But at carnival they only have the club 02 for teens at night but it is located near the arcade so your kids can hang there the whole time, or go in the pool, or go on the shore excursions that you will get a packet from either the people there(staff) or Carnival. But it really sounds that R.C.C.L. have the most fun things but you want to be happy to so try carnival forst then next year RC

jucii 2swT May 12th, 2007 01:46 AM

I'm pretty sure your family wont be dissapointed with rccl's FOS. i cant say much for carnival since i havent been on that line yet. But it all comes down to what your kids enjoy. Usually, they say rccl's for the active/fun but if your kids like to party all night, then carnival.

girl_next_door May 12th, 2007 10:18 AM

if its their first cruise you should probably go with carnival freedom.

it seems that if teens/kids start out with a cruise with all those extra ammentities and activities they kinda get spoiled with it and are stuck with only going on those big ships for the rest of their time cruising. it seems like when people start at that level, they never really go down.

BubblyTink May 12th, 2007 05:57 PM

I would choose FOS no doubt. I was on one Carnival cruise and hated it albeit that was almost 10 years ago now but I LOVE RCCL. The FOS has anything anyone could ever want on a ship and your kids are almost guaranteed to have a great time.

evolutiondob May 14th, 2007 01:16 PM

Thank you all for your responses. The kids wanted Freedom of the Seas since they are both athletic and more sports-activity oriented. I will probably take them on a Carnival cruise next year so they can experience the difference in both cruiselines.

c_m_alex May 14th, 2007 07:59 PM

i must say that carnival has all of the "party ships". it depends on yoru taste but i didnt enjoy seeing drunk people before lunch. all the carnival cruises ive been on have been crowded and not too much fun. but teh foods really good.