CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Carnival Introduces "Funship Island" (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/336098-carnival-introduces-funship-island.html)

Djcarolina July 10th, 2007 04:37 PM

Carnival Introduces "Funship Island"

For those of you who haven't gotten the news, Carnival Cruise Lines has unveiled their newest online cruising resource. "Funship Island" is a virtual cruise ship modeled after one of their highly popular Conquest class ships and allows the visitor to participate in many activities as they would on a real cruise ship. An ingenious idea, the designers have made funship island to entice new cruisers and spark the interest of past cruisers to want to sail again. For those of us on here, no doubt this will serve as a way to pass some time betwee cruises. The question is, will RCI steal this idea? I've included the link to Funship Island. Keep in mind that it is still in its development stages and will have many more features as the development of the site and concept matures.

www.funshipisland.com

lutziebaby July 10th, 2007 04:54 PM

I found this this morning and love it!!! I downloaded the ringtone and am still looking for the other "extras" :D

SuperGreg July 10th, 2007 05:41 PM

Eh. Nothing special to me....

bree July 10th, 2007 06:51 PM

It kind of reminds me of something that RCL had a while ago once the Freedom of the seas came out. They had a virtual cruise much like "Funship island", but Carnival's one is a little more in depth than rcls.

Djcarolina July 10th, 2007 06:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing, that Carnival may have taken the idea of the interactive Freedom of the Seas and turned it into their own virtual ship but instead of for advertisement of the ship, for people to just play with.

KTS1193 July 10th, 2007 07:34 PM

ahh it looks cool.
even though its just still loading lol

Djcarolina July 10th, 2007 07:54 PM

They may have stolen it from RCI, but they were the ones with the imaginations to turn it into what is sure to be a HUGE marketing toy for them.

girl_next_door July 10th, 2007 08:31 PM

it makes joe wanna go on carnival?!
then it must be something!

Djcarolina July 10th, 2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_next_door
it makes joe wanna go on carnival?!
then it must be something!

I KNOW!!! I was wondering if it as sarcasm or what! Lol

girl_next_door July 11th, 2007 01:21 AM

ahhhhhhh that was funnn.
cant wait to play with it again tomorrow.

jmoneeeey July 11th, 2007 06:42 AM

that thing is amazing! i was wondering what ship it is? i toured one of the rooms and it had a book in the room that said carnival valor... i was on that ship last summer! awww memories =) but then the atrium in it didn't look like the valor's and neither did the dinning room. hmmm. maybe its a combination of all the conquest class ships...

lutziebaby July 11th, 2007 06:51 AM

The atrium was the Victory (you can tell by the seahorses)

and the Lido is either the Freedom or Liberty (you can tell because there's the big movies sceen when you go down the slide) :D

girl_next_door July 11th, 2007 01:54 PM

the deck looks like the one on the destiny, the cruise i'm going on.. i dont like how theres so much lounge chair space and the different levels. i think it looks ugly. or maybe i'm just not used to it.

homesickfortheocean July 11th, 2007 04:21 PM

aww it makes me miss the cruise.
although i just have to take everyone elses' word for it
that carnival is about the bottom of the barrel lol
but still.

Far3 July 11th, 2007 05:49 PM

Wow this is really cool, oh and in the karaoke why is their a cheer button(spacebar) but no boo or heckle bar. Lisa stinks.

Nice find Ryan

Djcarolina July 11th, 2007 06:18 PM

I think everyone should be getting an email about it soon if not already. My mom got an email about it at the beginning of the month to tell prospective clients about it when theyre choosing their cruise. I thought it was pretty cool and i'm sure as the idea grows, the whole ship will be accessible.

girl_next_door July 11th, 2007 06:53 PM

i wouldn't say carnival is bottom of the barrel.
i think that's NCL personally.. but i also went on a crappy NCL ship, and a brand new carnival ship.

homesickfortheocean July 11th, 2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djcarolina
I think everyone should be getting an email about it soon if not already. My mom got an email about it at the beginning of the month to tell prospective clients about it when theyre choosing their cruise. I thought it was pretty cool and i'm sure as the idea grows, the whole ship will be accessible.

yeah i was looking around it and there wasn't that much stuff.
lol i looked for the little o2 spot just because it brings back memories =]
but it wasn't there :[ so oh well.

J-dizzle July 12th, 2007 03:05 PM

I like it... I was on the site when my mom walked into the room and made me get up so she can see. lol.

It's pretty cool.

Djcarolina July 12th, 2007 06:02 PM

I Figured It Out

I think there may be more than what first meets the eye on Funship Island. Has anyone else noticed that during the loading of each venue or activity there is a poll? Carnival is using this not necessarily as a fun toy but also as an opportunity to do marketing research about what potential and repeat clients want such as the season they prefer travel in and who they like to travel with!

Kristina99 July 14th, 2007 03:59 PM

This is so cool. I was on it the other day and was having a blast til my sisters wanted to "play that game too!" haha. but it made me want to go on a cruise even more!!