Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Beginner

Default Can I get in older teen club if I am 14?

I am 14 and in the 9th grade. I really do not want to be limited to the 12-14 year old group. Most of my friends are older.

HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Easy solution is to talk to the teen host while you're onboard. I guarantee you'll be let in; at worst, they'll want to speak to your folks first, but it shouldn't be a problem.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Admiral

Are you going on Carnival...............?

Past Cruises:
7/30/01- Carnival Ecstasy(Catalina & Ensenada)
4/5/03-Carnival Sensation(Grand Cay/Cozumel)
4/4/05-Carnival Fascination(Keys & Cozumel)
3/31/07-Carnival Liberty(Eastern Caribbean)
4/5/08-Liberty of the Seas
4/4/09-Independence of the seas
4/3/10- Carnival Dream
4/2/11-Oasis of the Seas(Western Caribbean)
Old December 15th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

Unfortunately, Carnival, like Royal Caribbean has cracked down on their policies as a result of a LOT of problems with younger and older teens causing problems in the clubs. Regardless of whether you choose Carnival, Royal Caribbean or any of their respective affiliate "sister" lines, they have a policy they follow. If you are within one month of your 15th birthday, then on RCI you must complete 2 Navigator Activities (12-14), and have your parents sign a waiver and then make the decision to move up or stay where you are. Carnival has the same date range (1 mo) but you are generally allowed to enter without being required to go to a Circle C activity. Please remember, however, that the decision to admit anyone who doesn't immediately meet the requirements, is left solely up to the teen club director/manager. If you are more than 3-4 months from your 15th birthday, then the chances of you "legally" being admitted are far slimmer. Royal Caribbean is implimenting the SeaScan on all of their ships for both adult and teen clubs. This device scans your Seapass card and immediately explains your elgibility (or lack thereof) for that club. Carnival is mandating that all guests participating in the Club O2 program have their Sail and Sign Card stamped with the Club O2 sticker and they promptly check them in the club. Again, the best solution would be to talk to the director when you board as each has their own criteria on their ship.

Best of Luck

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old December 15th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcarolina
Unfortunately, Carnival, like Royal Caribbean has cracked down on their policies as a result of a LOT of problems with younger and older teens causing problems in the clubs. Regardless of whether you choose Carnival, Royal Caribbean or any of their respective affiliate "sister" lines, they have a policy they follow. If you are within one month of your 15th birthday, then on RCI you must complete 2 Navigator Activities (12-14), and have your parents sign a waiver and then make the decision to move up or stay where you are. Carnival has the same date range (1 mo) but you are generally allowed to enter without being required to go to a Circle C activity. Please remember, however, that the decision to admit anyone who doesn't immediately meet the requirements, is left solely up to the teen club director/manager. If you are more than 3-4 months from your 15th birthday, then the chances of you "legally" being admitted are far slimmer. Royal Caribbean is implimenting the SeaScan on all of their ships for both adult and teen clubs. This device scans your Seapass card and immediately explains your elgibility (or lack thereof) for that club. Carnival is mandating that all guests participating in the Club O2 program have their Sail and Sign Card stamped with the Club O2 sticker and they promptly check them in the club. Again, the best solution would be to talk to the director when you board as each has their own criteria on their ship.

Best of Luck
This is new to me, but I suppose it also depends on the ship, because last cruise I was on (which was last august) Allowed even thirteen-year-olds into O2...
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Liltennischick09

yea thats new to me too also michael bc on my first carnival cruise i was 14 and it was like 4 months til my bday and i was invited to Club02

Upcoming Cruises:
none!
Past Cruises:
Carnival Celebration Sept '05
Norwegian Pearl Dec '06
Carnival Fascination Dec '07
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to Zach17

it really sepends om the ship, and how mature you are. if you go in there and act a fool and draw attention to yourself, youll get carded. if you just chill and dont start dancing on the bar than ur good for the cruise

Carnival Miracle 2005- Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory 2006- Eastern Caribbean
Freedom of the Seas 2007- Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy 2008- Western Caribbean
Liberty of the Seas 2008- Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 08-09 New years cruise
Carnival Valor 2009- Western Caribbean
Carnival Dream 09-10 new years cruise
Freedom of the Seas 2010- western caribbean
Carnival Conquest 2011- western caribbean
Allure of the Seas 2011- western caribbean

Old December 15th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Admiral

When I cruised at 14 my 16 year old friend just gave me his Club 02 sticker.
:]

haha.
I wasnt allowed in on the first night, but the second night I was.. she didn't even check the stickers.

Past Cruises:
7/30/01- Carnival Ecstasy(Catalina & Ensenada)
4/5/03-Carnival Sensation(Grand Cay/Cozumel)
4/4/05-Carnival Fascination(Keys & Cozumel)
3/31/07-Carnival Liberty(Eastern Caribbean)
4/5/08-Liberty of the Seas
4/4/09-Independence of the seas
4/3/10- Carnival Dream
4/2/11-Oasis of the Seas(Western Caribbean)
Old December 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Passenger

Can someone give me some info on other Carnival ships because on the Valor during Thanksgiving week I dont know if because the CLub 02 is also somewhat in the arcade they dont check but on Miracle they did when I went in 2006. So my question is do other carnival ships check you when you get in club 02 for age?
Old December 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to c_m_alex

this is my same problem. cept whenever we go on cruises like this (12-14 and 15-17) its always more than one month till my birthday. does anybody know if RCI cares about this? cause that will be who ill be going on in febuary.
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to girl_next_door

carnival didnt check for me this summer. there were so many 18 and 19 year olds in there. and a few 13 and 14 year olds too.
Old January 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Passenger

Usually if you talk to the staff and let them no about your situation they will be happy to help you. This always a problem for me. My first cruise was on RC and the told me to try it out a couple times and if I still felt too old then they wold switch me into the older kids. Usually if there are not many kids your age they will switch you.
Rhapsody of The Seas-9/03

Upcoming- Carnival Triumph-2/08
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to jucii 2swT Send a message via MSN to jucii 2swT

lol one summer i walked into the teen area during the 12-14 time (i was 13) and it was so awkward! they all sat in a whole group and then one kid shouted are you even allowed to be in here, how old are you? .. lol i was thinking like omg getting bashed by another 13 yr old
and so thats when i peaced and started hanging with my sister and wtvr friends she had since the younger crowd didnt work out for me. hahah

anywho to answer your question.. you can just try going into the 15-17 yr old group. when i was on rccl they always checked people who looked TOO old to be in the teen area. if theyre like youre too young.. then just be like oh wait this isnt the 12-14? ohh k i mustve read the schedule wrong ahhah. but now if they do put the scanners...idk.
Royal Caribbean (3)
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Admiral

It really all depends on your director. Royal Caribbean has a policy in place because Fuel/Optix is part of Adventure Ocean. Its under 1 month and ur good but if ur more than a month away, then you CAN get in, just gotta do some paperwork. Carnival is trying to keep things separate because so many 13-14 year olds cause problems and drama. I've been there and i understand it and know lots of 14 y.o's are mature but many are not and theyre trying to keep them out. It depends on your director, some are stict as hell (Andi) and others couldn't care less (Eszter, Dan, Olga, Reiley, Dee). The only big thing theyre changing is not letting 18 y.os in because there have been some issues with like 18y.o dudes hitting on 15 y.o chicks and dads getting upset and the like. The only thing you can do is talk to your director if theyre carding and stickering or if not, then just do what zach does and just go in. Luckily i'm old enough to dance on the bar Woot

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old January 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to c_m_alex

shoot. so does this mean i'm stuck with the 12-14 year olds? cause most of my friends are 15 already...my birthdays just really late. anybody had this problem on RCI recently? what did you do about it?
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Beginner

i was on RCI navigator of the seas over christmas vacation (i'm 14). i went to the 12-14 group the first night but it was mostly 12 yr olds & they were realllly immature.

all i had to do to switch to the 15-17 group was talk to the adventure ocean director about why i wanted to switch and have a parent say it was ok. it took about 5 minutes and i ended up having a muchh better time!
Old January 20th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to whitecar

dont bother trying on the mariner... freedom is a different deal though... security on the mariner is wayy to tough... the evil foreign security ppl!!!!
Enchantment of the Seas - June 15, 2006
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Fantasy

Cruising is the vacation of a lifetime...

Old January 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcarolina
It really all depends on your director. Royal Caribbean has a policy in place because Fuel/Optix is part of Adventure Ocean. Its under 1 month and ur good but if ur more than a month away, then you CAN get in, just gotta do some paperwork. Carnival is trying to keep things separate because so many 13-14 year olds cause problems and drama. I've been there and i understand it and know lots of 14 y.o's are mature but many are not and theyre trying to keep them out. It depends on your director, some are stict as hell (Andi) and others couldn't care less (Eszter, Dan, Olga, Reiley, Dee). The only big thing theyre changing is not letting 18 y.os in because there have been some issues with like 18y.o dudes hitting on 15 y.o chicks and dads getting upset and the like. The only thing you can do is talk to your director if theyre carding and stickering or if not, then just do what zach does and just go in. Luckily i'm old enough to dance on the bar Woot

haha. but your good as long as you dont act a fool or start anything or bring illegal substances in (well.... maby the last night)

Old January 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
First Mate

It depends on what cruise line you are sailing on. I know that if you are on Royal Caribbean and your parents talk to the youth activities leader and sign some forms, you can move up to the 15-17 if you show leadership by attending some of the younger activities for the first day or so.

And just because you aren't in the 15-17 group by default doesn't mean you can't hang with them. On my last cruise there were two girls that were in the same boat as you--freshman who were 14 and they hung out with our group (16-17yr olds mainly juniors in HS). The cruise is only a week so hang out with who you want and don't be shy!

Also, in my experiences on Mariner (3 time cruiser), there was pretty tight security, but there is a back door to the club and you can get in if you are a little younger or older if you just slip in when they aren't looking or if you come in the sliding door with a big mob. My bud (who i met on the cruise and ended up living 20 minutes away haha) and I met these two hott girls who were really fun to hangout with but were 14 and we easily got them into the club.... sliding door is the key. You can also just go through the main front entrance and if you distract the guy checking they can slip in!
Old January 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Captain

dude on freedom they locked the sliding door so i just got mi freinds sticker and we had an awsome time but the crowd was a dud but we got sum recruits to help us hype it a little

Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecar
dont bother trying on the mariner... freedom is a different deal though... security on the mariner is wayy to tough... the evil foreign security ppl!!!!
Watch it, i've booty danced on those evil foreigners before, it was HILARIOUS

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Bl0nd3Ambiti0nx3

CCL dont even pay attention to that. There were a lot of 14 year olds in the 15-17 club on my last cruise its not a big deal.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:34 PM
Passenger

If I was you I would ask them if they could let you in and if they ask why tell them the reason but dont worried I have the same problem if I go on a CRUISE this summer and I am 18 yearz old so i am going to ask if I could go into the Teen Club but I really dont kno so I will see what happenz you kno what I mean???

Past Cruises:
Monarch of the Seas
Celebrity Zenith-August 5 to 12, 2006-Bermuda
Old April 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Beginner

OMG i am in the same situation and I am also 14. I am going on the Carnival Freedom in July what cruise are you going on? Write Back soon!
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Beginner

Default no i am sorry but you can't...bummer right.

I am also 14 and i called carnival today and they check your birth certificates when you join a teen club. I am sorry but I am in the same situation....but hey maybe we could go on the same cruise and hang out. What cruise are you taking and when? I am taking one to Europe in July.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Admiral

alright, the correct answer is learn to sneak in. Yes they check your age when you join, but not against birth certificates...they check it against the ship's manifest. After day one, (if you get a nice teen host for the cruise) they rarely check again...i've had thirteen year olds partying with us in the teen club on my last two cruises.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Haha funny story about this
my last cruise I was 14 but the 12-14 program was....not so good
so me and my friends, ranging from 13-16, tried to get the younger ones into club o2
the club o2 guy immediatley asked us our age and name and discovered we werent old enough and showed us his sheet of paper with every kid onboards bday.
We then made up these excuses like, 'thats not my birthday!'
In the end the guy just let us hang around as long as we didn't get into trouble.

so yeah if your on carnival its pretty relaxed, just get on the club o2 guys good side
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
First Mate

wow, thats new, someone wants to get into the older club, never heard that one before!

Upcoming Cruises:
*crys*

Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor - 2008
Carnival Pride - 2008
Adventure of the Seas - 2007
Carnival Triumph - 2006
Old July 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to lovehatetragedy

i was 13 on my last cruise
i was really worried about being in the younger group cause most of my friends are older anyway.
but it ended up being the 12-14 and 15-17 groups together because there wasnt alot of us.
we all got along and nothing really went wrong drama-wise.
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Beginner

if your going on royal and want to get into the older club bring a black marker with you and write the letter they write on the older teens cards so you will be able to get in!