CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Explorer of the Seas Questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/346068-explorer-seas-questions.html)

ballin69brian February 4th, 2008 07:58 PM

Explorer of the Seas Questions

Hi im new here, im 15, soon to be 16, im not new to cruiseing, ive been on 2 before, but I was 12 then and now I am a teen (and new to RCI)....so I was wondering if anyone could answer me a few questions about the RCI Explorer of the Seas because I have a 9 day cruise on Feb 15th out of NJ.

1. How is the cruise in general?

2. How is the food?

3. How is the ship?

4. What is this curfew I hear about, and how strict is it on EoS?

5. How is teen life like on EoS?

6. Are the teen parties good on EoS?

7. For those who have taken a cruise out of NJ in the winter, how many days about will it be cold?

thats about all i can think of about now. oh and also feel free to leave any suggestions you think about that you wish to share.

TY and have a nice day 8)

Zach17 February 4th, 2008 08:01 PM

never been on Explorer but i know it has an OPTIX teen club

Enchantment 04 February 4th, 2008 08:04 PM

The explorer of the seas is amazing!!! I have sailed on her twice from nj.... I did the 9 night sailing on her that youre doing in a few weeks. the teens are really crazy because they are all ny'ers and nj'ers haha...

The cruise in general is really fun.... lots of things to do... lots of people to meet.

the food is always questionable, however, i have always had excellent meals on all of my cruises.

The ship is HUGE. So many things to do and so little time.

The curfew is 1am for anyone under 18, however, it is hit or miss on the royal ships. Sometimes they do enforce it, but mostly they dont. to avoid it, just hang out on the outside promenade deck on the fifth floor (it may be the fourth) or go to the bow on the helicopter pad.

teen life is really fun, the club directors are really fun people and are not strict whatsoever. There will be lots of teens from the northeast on your sailing being that its over february break and it leaves from nj. the parties are really fun... my last cruise there were so many teens dancing, at one point there was no room to move.

The first day will be cold as will the last day. i read that they have tons of indoor activities on the first and last day for everyone.

have an amazing time!!!! if you want, you can add me on facebook and look at my three albums from my 9 night cruise this past june.

ballin69brian February 4th, 2008 08:15 PM

thanks enchantment, ya i know, im from Queens,NY......so im about 30-40 minutes away from the NJ port, and i know how crazy NY and NJ pplpz get, and sure i would love to see yur cruise pics

my FB link is....

http://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720155625

Djcarolina February 4th, 2008 08:23 PM

My director on the Mariner over X-mas was on the EOTS for 8 months prior to his contract. According to him it was very laid back as far as policies so i don't see you as having an issue with Curfews etc. Just refrain from being a moron and ur good to go.

jersey_girl_at_heart February 4th, 2008 08:41 PM

Hey! I went on the 9night cruise over the summer! I loved it. Its by far my favorite cruise ever. Oh and you can look at my pics to if you want..ill add you on facebook..i have like 4 albums i think..

It was amazing. Everything was great. Best cruise of my life.

2. How is the food?
Hm..well the food was fine. I didn't eat much except a caeser salad every night! But no one seemed to complain.

3. How is the ship?
The ship is really nice. The layout is very simple, and it looks brand new. It really has everything you want! =]

It was only enforced to the younger kids. I was out till about 4am every night, except on the last night when we stayed up all night! Just don't cause trouble and you should be fine!

When I was on it there were so many teens! There is a lot to do so you will never be bored!

The teen parties are amazing! Every night people were dancing. And one night you get to go into the Chamber. It's so much fun! Also that night the adults take over the solarium, you can easily get into that one, its fun also. Me and my friends went there after the teen party was over.

7. For those who have taken a cruise out of NJ in the winter, how many days about will it be cold?
I haven't taken one out of the winter, but I'm pretty sure the first 2 days won't be that warm. Once you reach florida it should warm up!

ballin69brian February 4th, 2008 08:44 PM

lol na im no moron, and thats what i figured about the 2nd day at sea it should start to warm up, hopefully

pead February 4th, 2008 09:13 PM

eots was my first cruise n i took it wen it was down here in miami as a ship i had the best time this ship turned me onto cruising the kids might b different bec it departs from nj but the ship itself was amazing

Kristina99 February 5th, 2008 03:38 PM

7. The first day at sea will be veryyyy cold. and the second will still be chilly...but once your in the Caribbean Sea it warms up a lot. Same for on the way home....

...The thing about cruising from NY is that you lose valuable tanning time while at sea since its so cold out!...

ballin69brian February 6th, 2008 12:55 AM

well kris, im not to much worried about getting tan because the sun doesnt like me so everytime i try to tan i just get really really really burnt lol. but im deff more worried about the first and last days weather wise. this week its supposed to be in the 60's in NYC / NJ, one of those days is supposed to break a weather record. so hopefully the warm weather will stay for the next 9-10 days. finally i would rather leave from NJ than places like canaveral or miami because im only a 30 minute drive from port. if i leave from canaveral i have to get up at 5am, get on a 2-3 hour plane ride, then have to take a 45 minute taxi or bus from orlando int. airport to canaveral. just the bus ride alone is longer than my leaving from my house to the NJ port. and plus, i can sleep in the morning of embarkation, dont have to worry about rushing over to the port, ect....for me canaveral=hectic from the second i leave my house...Cape Liberty,NJ = so much easier

Kristina99 February 6th, 2008 10:02 PM

that must be nice!!! i live about 4 hours from NYC/NJ ports....but driving there/taking a bus would still be much quicker than flying to Florida and all that.

but for me...getting up early and going to the airport and getting to Florida is all a part of the cruise experience =]

ballin69brian February 7th, 2008 12:29 AM

the cruise experiance of starting the vacation of cranky kristina??? lmao

Kristina99 February 7th, 2008 10:32 AM

not at all!!
waking up EXCITED and being like omggg today is the day!! lets go!

ballin69brian February 7th, 2008 10:16 PM

lol how can you sleep the night be4 lol, ima be up all that night lol

KTS1193 February 8th, 2008 07:01 AM

haha i know im usually like =D
i cant sleep i have a cruise tomorrow.
then i just try and think do i wanna look sleepy when i wake up?
so then that usaully helps me fall asleep

Enchantment 04 February 8th, 2008 02:56 PM

i can NEVER sleep the night before we leave.... so i just turn on my ipod and try and remember the words to a really hard rap song. and like 5 hours later i will know a new song and be on my way to the port lol

KTS1193 February 8th, 2008 04:54 PM

haha joe.
thats a good way to learn new songs
hmm i wanna learn like 50 rap songs so how about taking 50 cruises. :]

Ray092 February 8th, 2008 08:49 PM

-The 9NT Cruise I was on was awesome! Plenty of time to get use to the ship and have a good time.

2. How is the food?
-The food was great, and there wasn't any complaints that I can think of

3. How is the ship?
-The ship is in great condition for being 7 years old. Lots to do on-board!

-Unless participating in a Teen Activity, all minors must not be in public areas after 1AM unless with an adult. It was enforced on my cruise due to the numerous amounts of people on board but towards the end of the cruise they really didn't care if we were still out after 1AM.

-Its a lot of fun, especially when you meet new people and hang out together. Besides Optix, many teens went to see shows together and karaoke, when on board a lot of times we went to the Cafe Promenade and
hung out there for a while. There were nights when we went into the Adults Nightclub and had a dance party there and some where else besides Optix.

-They were good, mostly because of the numerous teens on board during the cruise!

-I went on a cruise from NJ in November and it took only 1-2 days before it was hot. Don't worry if its too cold to be outside there is plenty to do inside the ship.

Kristina99 February 9th, 2008 12:31 AM

true. im usually up til like 1am the night before leaving for a cruise.
but my next one my flight isnt until 2pm so i can sleep in til like 10!! yess!!!

and i try to memorize songs too!!! but like bob marley songs so i can sing along onboard =]

KTS1193 February 9th, 2008 12:34 AM

haha my flight the day before
leaves at 11 ew.
which means i have to wake up at around 7
cause we'll leave the house at 9 or earlier even.

gah

Kristina99 February 9th, 2008 12:35 AM

yeah well our flights usually depart at like 6am. so i wake up at 3am and get ready and then get to the airport early.
but i dont mind. CRUISEEEEE!

KTS1193 February 9th, 2008 12:39 AM

wtf early !!
i'd have to like wake up at 2am
cause the drive to the airport is like 1:30 mins
so then i'd be 3:30.

and my mom always wants like 2 hrs and 30 mins before the air plane takes off.