Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Default eastern caribbean island shore excursions

What are some fun shore excursions for teens when visiting...

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

uhh never been to any of those places. BUT all the ppl cruising now are going to some of those places and the moderator kristina has been to those places i know for sure. just wait until they get back this weekend and they will be able to help you more =]
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to jersey_girl_at_heart Send a message via Skype™ to jersey_girl_at_heart

San Juan, Puerto Rico -- Its my least favorite island. Most cruise ships are there at really strange times, and very short times. I was there from 7am-2pm. I went to El Yunque Rainforest, I loved it! Its so pretty, and many good opportunities to take pictures. With our excursion, they also took us to some shopping areas not near the ship. And then we also had time to shop by the ship when we got back. I recommend going to Senor Frogs, its really cool and you can hang out with your friends there too. Also I went to the coach store, you can get some really good prices there! I also enjoyed the Christopher Columbus statue thing, it was pretty. Basically you can just walk around...the beaches aren't that pretty well to me at least.

Grand Turk Island - There really isn't anything there to be honest. There is a beach right by the ship which was crowded, and not that nice. We took a trolley to a beach further down, and it was gorgeous! And you could snorkel and stuff. But you should make sure to go to Margaritaville, its so fun! There are some shops around ..but they all have the same things.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas -- This is my favorite island in the caribbean! The first time we went, we went to Magens Bay..so gorgeous. It wasn't really crowded, when we were there. Also the sky ride is another thing which I loved. Oh and there are tons of shops, I got so much stuff from there. The second time we went, we decided to go to St. John and went to Trunk Bay...which was absolutely gorgeous. To get there you take a boat and its a pretty quick ride there.

Upcoming Cruises;
none at the moment =[

Past Cruises;
-Ocean Coral & Turquesa Resort; August 2009
-Mariner of the Seas; August 2008
-Explorer of the Seas; July 2007
-Crown Princess; July 2006
-Voyager of the Seas - July 2005
-Disney Wonder - November 2001
-Big Red Boat..not sure when

Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kristina99 Send a message via MSN to Kristina99

Puerto Rico- Its beautiful there. i was just there on Tuesday from 5pm-10pm. we walked around downtown and went shopping and sightseeing...and walked along the old wall. the buildings and roads are so cool =] and i got earrings for $2. then we went to Senor Frogs...which is crazyyyyy and fun if youre wasted. otherwise its like wow. these people are insane. so instead of staying there we went to a little cabana bar down near the water with $4 coladas...delicioussss. i love being here at night and taking pics in front of the cruise ships when theyre all lit up =]

Grand Turk- One of my favorite islands!!! True...there isnt much to do..but thats the beauty of it!!! Its a new destination for Caribbean cruises so its not all touristy yet (and hopefully never will be!!!) theres a beach and margaritaville right off the dock..and a little shopping center. if you want to get away from the crowd just walk to your right when you get off the ship...the beach goes all the way around the island basically....we walked about 1/2 hr away and there was nobody in sight besides wild dogs and horses. Also, you can take a taxi to Cockburn town. Its really cute and quaint and i love it. the locals are soooo nice!!!! and not too many people come over here either so its not as crowded.

i dont really like st thomas....whenever we dock there we take the ferry over to St John....its much less touristy and so beautiful there =]

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean
CCL Victory 11/02 Eastern Caribbean