CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Cruise Atmosphere: Spring Break vs Summer vs other (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/349220-cruise-atmosphere-spring-break-vs-summer-vs-other.html)

Turbotw March 30th, 2008 12:12 PM

Cruise Atmosphere: Spring Break vs Summer vs other

For some of you experienced cruisers out there or those who have just been on a few, how does the atmosphere differ from say a Spring Break cruise and a Summer cruise? They are both obviously great parties and good experiences, but is there a difference in the overall atmosphere of the people? Or does it just depend on the ship and people on it?

Personally I've never been on a spring break cruise, but I've been on a summer cruise and winter break cruise and it's always about the same! Let me know what yall think.

mmerali March 30th, 2008 12:18 PM

Spring Break definitely means more people and a bigger party atmosphere. I've cruised on both Spring Break and summer seasons, and I can tell you that the crowd was significantly larger over spring break. Now larger can be both good and bad, but in my case, it so happened that there were 20-30 of us partying in this one room the entire cruise (last cruise CCL Liberty Spring Break '08 )
Summer cruises have a more relaxed more intimate feel to them, and the parties, although still around, won't be as intense. Winter break is no different; I used to take these when I was back in New York, and they were the same as the summer ones. However, like I mentioned above, the real difference is between summer/winter break and spring break.

Turbotw March 30th, 2008 12:21 PM

I like the word intimate for summer cruises. My best "Hookup" did come from a summer cruise.

pead March 30th, 2008 12:27 PM

ya same my best hookup was l8 summer

no titanic! March 30th, 2008 03:09 PM

i made the mistake of going on a spring break cruise out of galveston when texas schools weren't on spring break that week. there was pretty much no one my age!

KTS1193 March 30th, 2008 05:53 PM

I love Spring Break cruises.. but I can't comment on summer cruises since I have never been on one. mm i'm addicted to SB cruises :]

Djcarolina March 30th, 2008 05:54 PM

Here's how I rank cruise atmospheres from what you've asked about. This goes from best to least.

1. Spring Break- My spring break cruises have always been the most high-energy cruises out of all. Theres always a high count of teens and theyre always wild and out there. It seems like people always go on spring break with the intention of leaving all cares back home because come on- it's "Spring Break".

2. Summer Cruises- These are right behind Spring Break and are usually a lot of fun. It depends on when you go. My recommendation would be to go mid-summer. In July most schools are out whereas early June and Late August many schools have started again and you will have a smaller teen group. Summer cruises are a bit more laid back because theres no pressing school issues when you get home thus LESS STRESS. And yea, some of my best hookups have occured during the summer months.

3. Winter Cruises are the least profitable because there are usually lower teen counts and lots of the teens onboard stay with their families as a result of the pending holiday season. Also, the ships are less active as the cooler weather discourages some activities. Even in the south caribbean, on the Mariner this Dec. it was cool overall and there was little activity by the pools and stuff. However cooler weather seems to spark emotions and such and there is some serious romance on some winter cruises...

Just IMHO

c_m_alex March 30th, 2008 06:21 PM

it all seems to depend on when your spring and winter breaks are. if you have a reallyyyyy early or really late spring or winter break that not many other schools have, then theres obviously going to be less people. usually the same regions of the country have break at the same time. for example.....on my winter break cruise, there were TONS of long islanders.

on summer cruises though, (especially in the middle) you are sure to have a bunch of people. just don't go too early in june or at the end of august...because lots of schools are already back in session/still in session then.

jmoneeeey March 30th, 2008 06:55 PM

i've only been on one spring break cruise (last year) and the rest have been in summer. although i've loved all my cruises, my favorite ones (the conquest and the valor) have both taken place during the summer... but it was really just because of the people i met on the ship. when i went on my spring break one, there was waaay too many large groups from universitys and stuff and a huge group of frat guys (who were REALLY full of themselves lol) and they all only hung out with themselves the entire cruise so that kinda sucked. but i ended up meeting some really cool guys who were brothers but the worst thing possible happened... the left ship in cabo (our last port, but w had two days left) and decided not to come back! i guess their parents didnt like cruising and had a house in cabo and decided to just leave then... LAME! so that majorly sucked. but i wouldn't be opposed to going on another spring break cruise next year or something, i think it was just the people on my ship. i'd say either one is fun, but SUMMER is my fave.