CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Legal? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/351362-legal.html)

kmarie3 May 20th, 2008 01:35 PM

Legal?

whats the policy when cruising RCCL, drinking when your legally aloud to????
as in st marteen, if its legal on the island, and you drink what happens when you get on the ship?
:)

Turbotw May 21st, 2008 11:00 PM

You can drink as much as you want to on the island as long as when you are boarding the ship back you don't fall over haha. They really don't check you or anything.... But if you try to sneak some booze back on they will confiscate it and give it to your parents at the end of the cruise.... unless you get lucky and put it in Listerine bottles heh.......

cnelson07 May 22nd, 2008 06:05 AM

they really never check. if you want to bring stuff on the ship, you have to be careful about it. just don't be waving it around and showing it off and most likely no one will give you a hard time.

pead May 22nd, 2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbotw
You can drink as much as you want to on the island as long as when you are boarding the ship back you don't fall over haha. They really don't check you or anything.... But if you try to sneak some booze back on they will confiscate it and give it to your parents at the end of the cruise.... unless you get lucky and put it in Listerine bottles heh.......

whoa bro never thought about that lol gotta try it nxt time

Djcarolina May 22nd, 2008 03:52 PM

No, don't put it in listerine bottles, unless your initially coming on the ship. If your coming back from a port, you need to find a better way. Don't bring it in a water bottle or anything because the security guards arent stupid and are likely to check that. Buy mini-bottles with no metal on them and put them in ur pocket (wear cargos), leave them there and waltz right through te check. There will be no detection and you'll be safer than if you try a bottle of some kind. And my luggage has been inspected (with the little card in it) 4 out of the last 5 cruises. If you put a large listerine bottle full of something in ur suitcase or travel bag, theyre gonna check it. Better bet is to spread it out into several 3oz bottles that are less obvious. Shampoo, Conditioner, face wash, body wash, mouthwash. If the bottle is clear and listerine or something, put a drop of green food color in it just for good measure. Wont affect the mix just make them deff. overlook it.

pead May 22nd, 2008 05:42 PM

seems like a lot to go through just to get booze bak on board

Roger91 May 22nd, 2008 06:57 PM

you won't have any problem with filling up a listerine bottle, security at the ports is looking for weapons and liquor in original bottles

everyone i've talked to (staff) on cruise ships are well aware of the 'smuggling', but short of banning bringing all liquids on board they can't really do anything if you are determined

(they aren't going to taste/sniff your bottle of listerine)

since i got started, might as well give all my advice on this topic -

if you stop in the bahamas, the liquor is usually a bit cheaper than on the boat in the duty free shop (the duty free prices are really good)

it's easy enough to bring on the boat from the ports, in some sort of other container, many people have tried and succeeded, adults AND teens

also, if you buy it from the duty free shop onboard, they will deliver it to your cabin the last day @ sea, so at least you can have a very fun last night

kmarie3 May 22nd, 2008 08:17 PM

aha wow, and i was worried id be judged about that.
glad to know everyone here are experts lol :)

pead May 22nd, 2008 08:28 PM

lol who doesn't enjoy a good liter of straight grey goose lol

kmarie3 May 22nd, 2008 08:49 PM

word.

pead May 23rd, 2008 01:28 PM

nice lol

c_m_alex May 24th, 2008 11:05 PM

seems like a whole lot of trouble for something not really nesessary. but thats just an opinion.

dancetilyadropx3 May 25th, 2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

seems like a whole lot of trouble for something not really nesessary. but thats just an opinion.
your right its not neccesary.
but its really fun :

pead May 25th, 2008 09:00 PM

speak 4 ur self some things in life cant b sacrificed lol

dancetilyadropx3 May 25th, 2008 09:02 PM

haha saying this makes me sound like i need alcohol to survive
but i agreee with pead

pead May 25th, 2008 09:02 PM

lol this reminds me of last night lol 3 week old smirnoff making drunk calls

dancetilyadropx3 May 25th, 2008 09:03 PM

omg were like twins. except it was not smirnoffs last night
i hate that stuff. it was absolut :)

pead May 26th, 2008 10:47 AM

i no it was disgusting but i didnt want 2 drive 2 get my jamiacan rum so watvr i agree but grey goose is the best by far

dancetilyadropx3 May 26th, 2008 11:18 AM

i thought you didnt even have your license or a car yet?

pead May 26th, 2008 11:22 AM

no reason 2 stop me from driving a car

dancetilyadropx3 May 26th, 2008 11:22 AM

right..

pead May 26th, 2008 11:23 AM

friends parents cars

j-unit May 26th, 2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger91
also, if you buy it from the duty free shop onboard, they will deliver it to your cabin the last day @ sea, so at least you can have a very fun last night

second that. all i can remember from that last night was me walking past my mom completely trashed and her not caring, and her later telling my dad that no, i wasnt drunk i was just tired and had a headache!
i love my mom lol

dancetilyadropx3 May 26th, 2008 04:05 PM

wow you have a cool mom. my mom yelled at me
when she found me completly trashed. hahah

pead May 26th, 2008 06:43 PM

u cant beat my hidingness lol

dancetilyadropx3 May 26th, 2008 06:44 PM

what?

pead May 26th, 2008 06:45 PM

how i hide my drunkeness from my parents

dancetilyadropx3 May 26th, 2008 07:25 PM

so you used the word hidingness