Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Maging
Default Fun for teens on Carnival...

Well...I'm relatively new to cruises and stuff. But, I'm supposed to be going on the Carnival Imagination for a 5 day / 4 night cruise on Monday, and it's my first cruise ever. I haven't been able to really sleep though. And I've asked my friends and their answers ranged from cruises being boring to them being really amazing. But, I'm somewhat shy first off, I don't know why haha. So I was wondering, what's there that's fun to do on a cruise? And is it easy to meet people on them? I'm 16, woot woot (still need to get off my ass and get my permit though, haha.). Also, is the Carnival Imagination fun?

Thank you for reading!
- Andre
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

First off, welcome to cruisemates. I'm Ryan and you'll likely see me around here a lot. People like to refer to me as the Cruise Encyclopedia which i'm saying, not to be cocky, but to explain the following long post with information about your cruise! That being said, your in for an AWESOME 4 nights! The Carnival Imagination is one of Carnival's Fantasy Class ships, the most popular class ship for cruises less than 5 nights.

The first thing you should take into consideration is that, this ship has just undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment which has really enhanced its overall appearance and of course its popularity with families. The resort style pools, cabana hottubs, back deck "WaterWorks" water park, completely overhauled interiors and new stateroom concepts are all newly renovated for your cruising pleasure. Why does it matter? Well a cruise is all about enjoying yourself, and you'll be confined to this ship for 4 nights with the exception of 2 ports of call. Now, the ports.

Key West- is one of the most beautiful and historic cities in America today. I had the pleasure of spending my springs and summers there every year until the cruising bug bit me and my family in 2005. We still own a condo there and go frequently. Let me tell ya, its a place to take out the camera. Take a walk down Duval Street, get a shotglass from Sloppy Joes Bar, browse in one of the hundreds of t-shirt shops and make sure you stop by the blonde giraffe for some authentic Key Lime Pie. Some other cool attractions to consider are Mel Fisher's Museum, The Key West Aquarium, Ripley's Museum and the Shopping at the Hyatt. I know your only there till 1PM but get off and explore the island.

Cozumel- Ahh the places you will go. Cozumel is a typical tourist stop, and every line sends several ships there weekly. Don't be surprised if your surrounded by ships as Cozumel is one of the most popular ports in the caribbean waters. Upon exiting the ship, you'll be in a shopping district full of pushy mexicans and cramped stores, great for t-shirts, bad for deals. Any store that people are wearing suits in, stay away from them, your getting ripped off and are paying Americanized prices. Check out Downtown Cozumel, you'll be more likely to have more fun. I always recommend stopping by 1/2 Senor Frogs, ypu'll see it from the ship when you dock. The music is loud, the waitresses are funny and the Sex on the Beach shots are awesome. Also consider Carlos and Charlies and Fat Tuesdays located in the heart of Cozumel. Any cab driver can take you to them.

Now Your "Fun Day At Sea". The sea day is the day you want to do and se everything on the ship. Go to the shops on Atlantic and Promenade Deck Forward, check out the boutiques on the Promenade. Listen to some tunes and catch some rays by the pool. Go down the slide and crash into a 4 year old, its part of the fun.

Club O2- The Imagination is one of the ships that has a brand new Club O2 Program, located on the Promenade deck towards the front of the ship (in the photo gallery around the atrium). Look for the flat screen TV with the Club O2 logo. Club O2 is THE PLACE TO BE for 15-17 year olds. Its where the hot girls and guys hang and its where the shizznat goes down at night. During the day check your teen caper (schedule) for activities like Wii Hang, X-box, card tourneys, scavenger hunts, movies, competitions, water wars, battle of the sexes, the dating game and more. At night Club O2 becomes a HOT (literally) nightclub with your Club O2 director and Dj spinnin the latest tunes through a state of the art sound system. Dance(Grind) the night away under the light system and make it a cruise to remember.

So your shy, well everyone has some reservations and we can't all be like me. I'm crazy and I'll walk up to anyone and start talking to them like i've known them for months. Do I recommend doing this, YES, but not everyone can. The thing you need to remember is that this cruise will be an opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Cruise ships are cultural melting pots with hispanic, asian, euro, northern, southern and western influence in its passengers. Its an opportunity to meet people and learn, make friendships that last a lifetime. And....well if you hate em you never have to talk to them again after 4 days. So get out there and try to be friendly. If your not forward, thats ok, but don't push someone away if they introduce themselves to you. And hey, if theyre ugly, just wait, they either know a hot friend, or their presence will attract one Just kidding, but theres safety in numbers so the bigger the group, the more fun you'll have.

Also, remember the Club O2 director is your friend. He/She will be there all cruise long running the club and the activities. If your having icebreaking issues, talk to him/her and they'll run an icebreaking activity to get people's guards down.

Relax and remember, your on island time mon!

Things to remember/pack:

1. Room Service is free except soft drinks/beer-so order it at 3am!
2. Take sticky notes to leave messages for other family members on the mirror.
3. Get the coke card. Its like 5-7 bucks a day for all the soda u want. See any bar attendant.
4. Use sunscreen- Caribbean sun is much more powerful than sun at home as your closer to the equator.
5. Take the formal photos, theres no obligation and theyre fun to look at.
6. Take your camera and bring back lots of pics for us here at cruisemates.
7. Don't use your cell phone without checking with your parents. Its international roaming. Don't use the $7.99 a min cabin phone either. Use a phone in port.
8. Pack so you can dress to impress at night in the club.
9. Formal can be casual. For short Carnival cruises, a basic sports coat with Khakis even (jeans) is appropriate. Suits are recommended but not required. I wouldn't do a tux on that ship. Dresses for girls...i'm not one so idk.
10. Take advantage of every opportunity you can. Its a great opportunity so make the best of it!

I wanna see pictures when you get back! I;ll be sailing out when you get in, so you have 3 nights to get em posted along with a review of the ship.

Read this thread: First Time Cruiser? Read This, its an article I wrote you'll benefit from.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569515

Happy Sailing

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Beginner

Wow o.o Thank you! That was really informative. Haha. I am somewhat forward, it's just that it takes me a little bit to warm up. I think we stop at Key West, not 100% sure though, but that sounds like a really interesting stop!

Go down the slide and crash into a 4 year old, its part of the fun. <- I loved that part :P

Thank you again for the information I'll try to get pictures, woohoo. I'm excited. I hope you have fun on your cruise!
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Alright, following Ryan this might be completely insignificant, but I'll give it my best shot.
I'm Michael, and like Ryan, you'll see me around quite a bit around here. I'm just Mike around here, and I am severely addicted to cruising (but aren't we all?)
Alright, about your boat now...Imagination is a Fantasy class vessel weighing in at around 70,000 tons. She has just come out of refurbishment fairly recently, so she'll still be shiny.
Alright, Ryan's post was incorrect for the itinerary you described; Imagination is doing a 5 day Eastern Caribbean sailing on Monday, but here is a corrected version...

Day 1: Miami, Florida
Your first day is critical. It sets the tone for your entire cruise experience. I always find that the first day is an awesome day to explore the ship, find all the "secret places" onboard. In terms of clothing, wear something sporty, but keep in mind that first day's clothing isn't as important as the first night's. If you're into taking a dip in the pool on the first day, you might also want to carry a small carry-on with a bathing suit/trunks and a change of clothing.

Night 1: Departure/At Sea:
Here is where the fun begins...Your first night onboard generally starts with dinner, (I don't know what seating you are in so i'll make this general) following dinner teens usually head off to Club O2 (the teen club onboard) while the parents go off and do their own thing. Before you separate from your parents, make sure to negotiate a curfew. I generally like to do this before we get onboard, but there have been times where we simply talk it out over dinner.
When you first get into O2 (unless a certain someone by the name of Ryan is on your cruise), the mood is generally tense and yes, there will be some awkwardness to it; my advice, suck it up. Yes, it is awkward for you, and yes it is awkward for them. Once you realize that, you'll be in smooth sailing towards meeting a ton of people. Also try not to be reserved or shy, no one is gonna bite. You are more than likely to meet more than half of the people you'll be hanging out with on the first night.
Also, remember to actually try to convince people to dance on the first night. Nothing bugs me more than being on a cruise where the people just sat around. After O2 closes, people either chill in other people's rooms, outside O2, or in the Lido Restaurant. Pick one or try to go to all of them.

Day 2: At Sea
If you want breakfast in the morning, try to drag yourself up to the Lido Deck restaurant; although, I do sympathize with you if you do...It is tough to get up in the morning if you're not used to late nights and parties.
On your second day at sea, as Ryan pointed out, you have a variety of choices: pool, hang with new friends, chill out in O2, or just lay out and sleep on deck. You can also attend various ship-wide activities outlined in the Carnival Caper (kind of like the ship's newsletter with things to do).

Night 2: At Sea
Your second night will probably be casual dress for dinner in the dining room, although there is a chance that it might be a formal night (One of your days at sea will be the Captain's Gala Night).
After dinner, your best option is to party in someone's room until O2 opens, or just hang out with new friends out on deck. If that doesn't appeal, you can always go for a show until the club opens up.
I have another night time tradition. I usually indulge in pizza wayyyy late night (and believe me, Carnival pizza is one of the best at sea).

Day 3: Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos
I haven't been to this island, but I have family who have. You can pretty much do whatever you do on the other islands...beach, shop, walk around. As an alternate, if you're not on an excursion or doing your own thing, you can always just remain onboard and enjoy the ship, but keep in mind that only a handful of people will remain onboard.

Night 3: Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos / At Sea
Departure from the island is generally at around 2:30, so you'll have an "at sea" sunset which you may find quite beautiful. I know i've gone out with girls and had a little walk while watching the sunset...great date/ice-breaker.
Club O2 is open again...party there, or go off and do your own thing...up to you. Club O2 is usually fun enough to stay though.

Day 4: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Half Moon Cay is Carnival Corporation's (not to be confused with Carnival Cruise Line) private island. On this island, your sea pass generally remains the primary form of currency (as opposed to normal money on the rest of the islands), and there are various activities and such that the ship sets up on the island...basically and extension of the ship on shore.

Night 4: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas / At Sea
By the 4th night, you'll know the options. Everything varies on your mood for the night...if you're tired, go clubbing, head in early, really up to you. You should know the ship inside and out by the 4th night.

Day 5: (Last Day) Nassau, Bahamas
Nassau is an awesome last stop. As you're coming into port, the sun is generally rising, which provides an excellent opportunity for pictures with Atlantis as a background (I have a few you can take a look at if you're interested). You can always go to Paradise Island here, but keep in mind that you'll be paying top dollar to use the Atlantis amenities. The beach you can get into for free. Shopping is pretty big here too. And if those aren't your thing, shore excursions are available through both CCL as well as the taxis on shore. (Keep in mind that the taxis are government moderated and will NOT negotiate price)

Night 5: Nassau, Bahamas / At Sea
Your last night. 5:00 PM departure from Nassau, and then out to sea. On this night you want to remember to grab phone numbers/contact information from everyone you met. Keep in touch with them...I still talk to people I met on cruises 4-5 years ago, and they are awesome friends.
Just a little side tradition I have is to pull an all nighter on this night and watch the ship pull in. The early hours are awesome to reflect on your cruise and start allowing the post-cruise depression to set in.

Hope this helps
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default !

Thanks Mike, I couldn't find his sail date so i went with what he said, 4 nights. If your on the 5 night going to turks and caicos, even better. Its by far the nicest port i've ever stopped at and the Margaritaville is insanely awesome. Talk about a party! Half Moon is a fun stop, but I'll warn you, there isn't much there...not unlike most of the private islands. Its actually used primarily for Holland America Line ships but Carnival began using the island more frequently in the summer of 2006 when the Fantasy began doing the run you've described. Theres a pretty kickass beach with some great views and photo ops and theres a "train" that takes u to the food area..kinda neat.

Give us an affirmative on your itinerary and I'll go more in depth for these ports.

Mike- good post...i'm not worried about having to leave when i'm 18 as long as ur here to keep the info flowing!

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Ryan,
If you find yourself looking for itineraries by ship (like say a week from today), www.nauticalcities.com is an awesome resource.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Beginner

I just rechecked our cruise information. It's a 5 Day Eastern Carribean, so the stops he mentioned were correct, heh, sorry :[ The more I read though about this cruise and cruises in general the funnier and more excited I am for it! Woohoo! Haha. Well this sounds very impressive, the stops, I mean the sunset would be pretty amazing to watch off of any island with a girl. Haha. I'm really impressed though. I didn't expect this much of a reply this fast Thank you both so much. This seems like it's gonna be an amazing time already. A question though (and sorry for all the questions!) - how many teens are there on average for a cruise? I think there's a max capacity of 1,995 guests or something like that on the ship.

Thank you again!
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Its a summer cruise from Miami on a smaller ship, so I'd say you would meet somewhere between 30 and 50 teens onboard
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Beginner

Ah, that sounds right I suppose for the size of the ship. When we first were booking it I was worried that there would be no one I could actually hang out with...and I certainly don't want to be with my brother all day, he's annoying -.- Oh well. Thanks again for the info Any other tips?
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Admiral

I had the same concerns you did when we booked onto Carnival Inspiration a year ago, but as it turned out, there were a huge amount of people onboard. It was a ton of fun, and I was bored maybe once the entire cruise, but overall it was a ton of fun...4th best cruise perhaps.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Ok well heres an in depth comment on the ports:

Turks & Caicos- One of the few remaining "natural" caribbean islands, Turks and Caicos Islands has partnered with Carnival to offer exclusive access to their small island. Usually just one ship per day docks at this tropical paradise and allows guests an uninhibited opportunity to explore the island. T&C are world renowned for their gorgeous snorkeling and diving spots and if your into that, I highly recommend you go. Some of the largest untouched reefs with some pretty rare wildlife can be spotted. There isn't a lot to "do" per say on this island. The biggest attraction, by far, is Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. With one of the largest JBM pool's ive been to, this location has a "Spring Break Party Atmosphere" all year round. With kickass DJs, great food and...well lotsa of hot people, theres no wonder Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is the place to be in Grand Turk.

Half Moon Cay- This port of call is where you wanna just take a while and RELAX! After disembarking the ship and tendering (riding small boats) to the island, you'll find yourself in a caribbean wonderland. This particular stop is my favorite of all of the private islands (CocoCay, Labadee, Castaway Cay) It has a serene beauty to it and it seems like they put more effort into building it. Activities of the day include, beach games, snorkeling, wave runners, barbeque lunch and of course people watching. Check your cruise caper to see what activities are available through the excursions desk (Empress Forward in the Atrium).

Nassau, Bahamas- Ahh classic short cruise port. If you've never been, get ready for a completely new experience. Nassau is a fun but cramped island that usually plays home to several (up to 5) ships at one time. After disembarking the ship you'll be ushered through a local building and will be bombarded with offers for scooter rentals, taxi's to "paradise island/atlantis" and hair braiding. Ignore it and exit the building. Now decide what you want to do. Lots of people go to the Atlantis Nassau Resort. I don't recommend it. Unless your a gambler theres nothing you can do without purchasing a $50 wristband and the people there are snotty. I recommend getting a cab to Cable Beach and Crystal Palace. It may take a few tries because its farther than atlantis (15mins) but its worth it. At the hotel you can enjoy their pools, slides, hottubs, bar, pool/basketball/ping pong tables, shopping and access the watersports (jet ski, parasail etc) beach for FREE. The SeaSide Buffet is a great lunch stop and the overall experience is very caribbean as it should be, not commercialized like Atlantis. Make sure to check out the straw market, where 200 vendors sell the same crap, necklaces, purses and disposable t-shirts. WHy disposable, once you wash them, they shrink 4 sizes lol Also located by the straw market is Senor Frogs where the music is loud and the fun is non-stop. Join the DJ fora linedance and see if you can dance on ur table and win a free shot. Its a serious good time. Theres shopping on the main street...no amazing deals though. Don't buy alcohol and bring it on board in water bottles, they check every one every time, i'd know, i've seen it happen to too many people.

As for tips, remember to be yourself. Girls like that. I suppose this would be my other strong point here, but i'm not allowed to brag. Girls are looking to have fun and enjoy their vacation. Be funny, it'll get you farther than being quiet or serious. Don't be afraid to talk to people and DO NOT sit on the couch or bar during the night stuff. In my experience (and lots of it) girls will FLOCK to a guy whose dancing like a complete moron (because he's out there) much quicker than one whose too cool for the dance floor. Also, Mike mentioned a sunset walk...well thats great, i've done it plenty of times (including my last cruise) but remember don't let things get too serious because girls will start to fear comittment and thus you'll be looking for a new cruise friend mid week! Just keep things simple and casual and you'll have a great week.

Mike- its a Sail and Sign card, not a seapass.

Umm idk what else u need to know, i could rant about this ship for a while... the famous makeout spot is on the sports deck forward on the "bridge". IDK

Ask any other questions you have and someone will answer them. Or feel free to shoot me a PM/Email/IM

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Good catch on the seapass error Ryan...see, thats what happens when you get on cm too early in the morning.

Seapass: Royal Caribbean International
Sail and Sign: Carnival Cruise Lines

I'm also open to e-mail/pm/im, so any questions, just let me know.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Beginner

Quote:
I had the same concerns you did when we booked onto Carnival Inspiration a year ago, but as it turned out, there were a huge amount of people onboard.
Whew, well that's a relief to hear Haha...and as for the dancing like a complete moron...I actually do that a lot. Just because I love to make people laugh. If I can make one person smile, I feel like I've made someone's day better and thus feel better, as corny as that sounds Woohoo. I didn't get much sleep last night! I've been too excited for sleep haha. Thanks for all the info! I didn't expect this big of a reply at all
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Admiral

You got here at a drama-free time. Whenever the kids are bickering, most of us senior members chill back in the limelight, but u also brought in some legit. questions not the same old crap about "how do i get booze onboard" "how can i get in the adult club" etc.

And dude, SLEEP, ur not gonna get more than 20 hours in the whole cruise so sleep while u can.

One more thing, if your like me and have a thing for chewing gum, take all u need onboard. You can't buy it on the ship and Nassau is the only port you'll find it in.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Admiral

20 hours is a generous estimate...I pull maybe 12-15 on a 5 day, and 20-25 on a 7/8 day.
And yes, chewing gum is a necessity for most, so bring yours onboard from the start..I recommend the "wholesale" pack, because you're guaranteed to have people wanting some.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Beginner

Heh. I don't understand why people would want in the adult club when there's a teen club...and the adult club having maybe 30+ year old drunken parents in it...doesn't sound too fun to me. Thanks for reminding me about the gum though! Normally I stock up on a good load of gum before a flight because I hate the feeling when my ears pop while flying. Ah well though, good to hear about getting here with no drama.

Ah...that reminds me of something during school. If you ever have a pack of gum and get caught with it out, you're bound to have an army of people ask you for it. I guess it's just natural
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Admiral

When Michael says bring ALOT of gum he means it, I had about 10 packs and well lets just say it was gone in 2 days! haha. I gave 2 to my friend to hold on to them and he ended up giving all the gum away, I'd pull out one pack and then another and then people would be like how much gum do you have?! Then I'd say oh not alot and they'd ask me for a piece then another person would.. and another you get the point!

I just thought of a way of maybe getting to know someone, if you go to the club later at night maybe pull out a pack up gum take a piece and maybe ask the person next to you if they'd like a piece then start a convo from there! [:

HAVE FUN!

Past Cruises:
7/30/01- Carnival Ecstasy(Catalina & Ensenada)
4/5/03-Carnival Sensation(Grand Cay/Cozumel)
4/4/05-Carnival Fascination(Keys & Cozumel)
3/31/07-Carnival Liberty(Eastern Caribbean)
4/5/08-Liberty of the Seas
4/4/09-Independence of the seas
4/3/10- Carnival Dream
4/2/11-Oasis of the Seas(Western Caribbean)
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to jersey_girl_at_heart Send a message via Skype™ to jersey_girl_at_heart

Katie..thats actually a really good idea! haha

I never thought to bring gum..but i put it on my list now =]

Oh and have fun on your cruise! :]

Upcoming Cruises;
none at the moment =[

Past Cruises;
-Ocean Coral & Turquesa Resort; August 2009
-Mariner of the Seas; August 2008
-Explorer of the Seas; July 2007
-Crown Princess; July 2006
-Voyager of the Seas - July 2005
-Disney Wonder - November 2001
-Big Red Boat..not sure when

Old June 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to c_m_alex

i'm actully more of a tic-tac person. i bring probably about 5 boxes and finish them all.
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Tic-tacs don't cover your breath as well as gum does.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Beginner

Haha that actually sounds like a good idea! Thank you Haha, and I used to love tic tacs as a kid, but now, not so much. Woohoo. I leave for the cruise tomorrow! But...I have to get up at 4 AM. Oh well, it's worth it! I'll try to get pictures for when I get back for you all! Thanks again for all the advice I'll tell ya how it goes!
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Admiral

LoL, its true gum is much better at covering breath...but nothing works as well as....well brushing your teeth and using some scope or whatever your preferred mouthwash is. I'd call it an essential if your planning on doing any tounge aerobics during the evening.

I hit up Sams Club prior to each cruise and get 2 cases of gum. Usually one case of orbit and one case of the rain gum.

Heres another tip- studies show that when 2 people making out chew cinnamon flavored gum, their pheremone production is heightened, thus resulting in a more...exciting evening. The same effect is achieved when 2 ppl eat garlic.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to Zach17

lol im gonna buy a box of cinnamon for my next cruise

thanks for the facts ryan

Carnival Miracle 2005- Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory 2006- Eastern Caribbean
Freedom of the Seas 2007- Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy 2008- Western Caribbean
Liberty of the Seas 2008- Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 08-09 New years cruise
Carnival Valor 2009- Western Caribbean
Carnival Dream 09-10 new years cruise
Freedom of the Seas 2010- western caribbean
Carnival Conquest 2011- western caribbean
Allure of the Seas 2011- western caribbean

Old June 29th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to lsclaf26 Send a message via MSN to lsclaf26

thats actually so true. everytime anyone has gum everyone always asks for some. im defintley gonna bring alottt on this cruise coming up now!

X Infinity- June 01'-Alaska
X Galaxy-July 02'- E. Caribbean
X Millennium-July 03'-Mediterranean
Empress of the Seas- June 04'-Bermuda
Enchantment of the Seas- August 05'- New England
Rhapsody of the Seas- July 06'-W. Caribbean
HAL Noordam- March 07'- S. Caribbean
Empress of the Seas- July 07'- Bermuda
NCL Pride of America July 08'- Hawaii (CANCELED :[)
Explorer of the Seas July 08'- New England
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to pead

i like spicy but not in my gum but it might just b worth it .. how can garlic have the same effect
liberty of the seas-2007
enchantment of the seas-2008
celebrity century-2008
ncl sky -september 5 2008
carnival freedom-april 11 2009

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dancetilyadropx3

ew cinamon gum is just gross.
but i guess everyone likes different flavors
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

so i know this is almost a month old but i was just wondering, howd your cruise go?! did you meet alot of teens? have fun in club 02?