CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Carnival Dream... December 5, 2009 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/353026-carnival-dream-december-5-2009-a.html)

lutziebaby July 2nd, 2008 08:45 PM

Carnival Dream... December 5, 2009

Anyone coming with me???!!!!

I know its really far away, but we booked today!! It's the Dream's first trip out of Port Canaveral and it will be pretty much brand new!!

I'm soooooo excited!!!!

dudestir127 July 2nd, 2008 09:51 PM

Do you know what class it will be, or be similar to? Such as Spirit or Destiny? (Spirit class is the only new-build Carnival class of ships that does not resemble Carnival Destiny)

Alex7592 July 2nd, 2008 10:52 PM

It will be in its own Dream Class along with the Magic which will be released in 2011. Obviously, every new class that is built is bigger and better than the previous one, but it still resembles it. So, the Dream class will be the most like the Splendor Class, which will be the most like the Conquest Class.

Ainsley July 2nd, 2008 11:09 PM

i am sooo gonna try. haha. that would be amazing if i could. if not its going to be shortly after you haha

lutziebaby July 2nd, 2008 11:17 PM

Yep, its the dream class!!! The amenities on it sound amazing, John Heald just recently released the press release on it and Carnival just started taking reservations!!

I really hope that I get to go, cuz thats around the end of the semester and I'll be in my first year of college, so I'll have finals around then, but my travel agent's daughters have taken their finals early so hopefully I can do that or something.

Ainsley..... BOOK IT!!!!!

Ainsley July 2nd, 2008 11:35 PM

i will soooo try. idk if it will be anytime soon though cause we are already booked on one for this oct. so idk. im gonna ask though haha

dudestir127 July 3rd, 2008 12:26 AM

I found a computer image of it off a Google image search, and it look top heavy. But then again, I thought the same thing about the Queen Mary 2. I'm sure the designers know what they're doing. And when I finish college, and get a degree in Naval Architecture, I should know what they're doing. LOL

What I meant about the classes being nearly identical is, look at how similar ships in the Destiny, Triumph, Conquest, and Slendor classes look, and then look at how different Spirit class ships look from them.

lutziebaby July 3rd, 2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudestir127

What I meant about the classes being nearly identical is, look at how similar ships in the Destiny, Triumph, Conquest, and Slendor classes look, and then look at how different Spirit class ships look from them.

Yeah, I know what you mean about all of the classes being very similar, there are slight changes but basically if you can find your way around one of those ships, you can find your way around the others too.

mmerali July 3rd, 2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

I found a computer image of it off a Google image search, and it look top heavy. But then again, I thought the same thing about the Queen Mary 2. I'm sure the designers know what they're doing. And when I finish college, and get a degree in Naval Architecture, I should know what they're doing. LOL

Definitely looks top heavy; first cruise ship ever to have balconies down on deck two...

lutziebaby July 3rd, 2008 01:09 PM

I just watched the little video about the Dream on Carnival's website, and the back of the ship looks really funny compared to Carnival's other ships. It's deffinately a different set up than the other ships.

I'm super excited about the hottubs over the ocean though!! and the Carnival Waterworks!

Alex7592 July 3rd, 2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

I think the Spirit Class was designed differently so that it could fit through the Panama Canal, since they are all the maximum size allowed in the canal. They are much longer and a bit narrower.

Zach17 July 3rd, 2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex7592
Quote:

I think the Spirit Class was designed differently so that it could fit through the Panama Canal, since they are all the maximum size allowed in the canal. They are much longer and a bit narrower.

from the outside yes. all carnival ships are basicly the same on the inside!

and yes the spirit class was designed just for that (panama canal). Simular to roayl caribbeans radiance class. :D :D

dudestir127 July 3rd, 2008 04:20 PM

Yeah, I have heard that about Spirit Class. Looking at the Panamax dimensions (as according to Wikipedia), Carnival's Spirit Class just barely fits in the canal.

The design of Dream does look interesting. Those Cove balconies on the lower decks seem like a neat idea. But what about if they sail through rough conditions? Sometimes those waves and swells along the Gulf Stream, especially if there's a hurricane or tropical storm hundreds of miles away kicking up surf, can be higher up than the lowest one or two passenger decks. Unless they're not that close to the design waterline.

Ainsley July 3rd, 2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

The design of Dream does look interesting. Those Cove balconies on the lower decks seem like a neat idea. But what about if they sail through rough conditions? Sometimes those waves and swells along the Gulf Stream, especially if there's a hurricane or tropical storm hundreds of miles away kicking up surf, can be higher up than the lowest one or two passenger decks. Unless they're not that close to the design waterline.

thats exactly what i was wondering. haha. i would be freaking out if swells were at my door..

Alex7592 July 3rd, 2008 09:33 PM

royal caribbean still has them beat.
haha

Enchantment 04 July 4th, 2008 06:31 PM

haha nothing well ever top RCCL... but kate you should really watch out for finals. The earliest most colleges and universities finish finals is like the 12/13 of december.

lutziebaby July 4th, 2008 10:01 PM

I know... at two of my top choice schools for this past year and the coming year (i looked at the calendars) they were during the week of the 5th. So I really doubt that I'll actually get to go, but its fun having one booked for now.

Ainsley July 5th, 2008 02:06 AM

kate omg that would really suck if you had to cancel it!!! maybe you can just postpone it for a few sailings? i mean that is worse case scenario right? i hope you get to go..

lutziebaby July 5th, 2008 01:40 PM

No possibility of postponing it, this is a group cruise that our travel agent planned, and my mom really wants to go on this one. Hopefully it'll work out.

jennajay July 5th, 2008 01:43 PM

Oh no! I hope everything works out for you

jodiejc08 October 7th, 2008 01:27 PM

Hey, yep sure am on this one!

This is my second carnival cruise, i was on the Carnival Splendors Inaugural Cruise in the Summer in Europe. Im from Scotland so wont be hard to miss!

Im staying on for christmas though which will be wicked! I'll be 17 then.

Jodie x

Next Cruise :
P&O Cruises Ventura- Caribbean Christmas 20th Dec 08-3rd Jan 09