CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   my time dining (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/353216-my-time-dining.html)

molloxdoll July 7th, 2008 11:34 PM

my time dining

i know they are making that the "more flexible" eating schedule on rccl but, does anyone know if that is available on liberty of the seas currently or will by by august 9th?

and has anyone has the later seating (8:30) on rccl? do you miss all the stuff going on?

KTS1193 July 8th, 2008 12:52 AM

I had the later seating and HATED it.
I skipped dinner 5/7 nights. All my friends had the early dinner... also I did miss some act. on the two nights i missed! It really sucked!

mmerali July 8th, 2008 01:00 AM

Yeah, you always want to go for the earlier seating. Nothing ever happens up until 8 anyways, so the early seating is perfect...it took me 2 or 3 cruises as a teen to figure that out...

KTS1193 July 8th, 2008 01:11 AM

I figured that out, on my 1st cruise... my mom refused to have the early seating though. Which is why I love cruising with my dad he doesnt care I basically plan the whole cruise =] Its great

pead July 8th, 2008 08:16 AM

i dunno i always liked having late seating or many reasons
1. im spanish i normally eat rlly late
2. parents usually stay out an hour or 2 l8r
3. wel 4 me n zach the spanish girls also eat at l8r seating lol LOL

dancetilyadropx3 July 8th, 2008 09:14 AM

I always ate at the later seating. Then I don't have to rush in from ports and try getting ready fast. I can also stay on the deck and watch the sunset , or watch it from my balcony. I don't know I just feel less stressed if I have later dinner.

jucii 2swT July 8th, 2008 11:37 AM

i normally have first seating cause i always thought that there would be more teens at early dinner than late.
alot of the people i meet though have later seating so in the end, it really doesnt matter what time your dinner is cause you'll all end up together later on in the night.
the only thing with second seating is that most shows are after your dinner so it'd start at like 10-1030 and end late. if you have early seating, you can eat then go to the show at around 8, and then meet up with friends who have the second seating cause by that time they should be done and hopefully dont want to watch their show.

jersey_girl_at_heart July 8th, 2008 03:02 PM

Personally I like late seating, I've always had it on my cruises. Except on Princess where you could go whenever you wanted but I always went later. I like having dinner later because you aren't so rushed back from the islands especially on formal night. The first night I usually skip dinner to head to the teen thing. But I go all the other nights..most of my friends Ive met had late seating. And you dont miss any of the teen stuff because on my cruises it hasn't started until 10..and dinner usually finishes around 10 or a little after.

girl_next_door July 8th, 2008 04:41 PM

i also have early and i love it.
we usually get back from the island at around 4, so it's perfect. it only takes me about an hour to get ready for dinner. plus i always eat earlier at home, i would not be able to wait that long to eat if i had later.

c_m_alex July 8th, 2008 05:46 PM

i like early better. the people i meet usually have later seating for some reason so i'm just hanging around for an hour or two while they all eat.

KTS1193 July 8th, 2008 06:37 PM

Thats so weird every single one of my cruises everyone has had early and I had later. It sucked!

dancetilyadropx3 July 8th, 2008 07:35 PM

Everyone I meet usually has later

pead July 8th, 2008 07:49 PM

yea same

Zach17 July 8th, 2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pead
i dunno i always liked having late seating or many reasons
1. im spanish i normally eat rlly late
2. parents usually stay out an hour or 2 l8r
3. wel 4 me n zach the spanish girls also eat at l8r seating lol LOL

dam strate LOL

if im on rci i like late seating for reasons stated my pead and theres nothin to do lol

carnival i like early seating

jamandamn14@yahoo.co.uk July 25th, 2008 10:37 PM

Sorry a little late to reply on this topic, however I believe a couple of different factors are crucial in deciding the importance of your dinner seating time.

Firstly are your parents going to force you/do you want to go to formal dinner everynight no matter what time its at, as there are other alternatives such as eating at the windjammer or ordering room service

Is the ship curfew going to be enforced strictly, in this situation this can leave you with only 2 and a half hours after dinner before 1am especially on formal nights

Are your new shipboard friends on first or late sitting, on the summit this past easter, no one was really around between 6 30 and 8 30 but quite often Id go and watch the film on in the cinema.

molloxdoll July 26th, 2008 11:28 PM

yeah, my parents are refusing to change from late seating and i definetly see their reasons. i just hope it doesn't mess anything up too badly, ya know? lol.