CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Has anyone seen their cruise friends again? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/353387-has-anyone-seen-their-cruise-friends-again.html)

xDaisy18 July 11th, 2008 07:33 PM

Has anyone seen their cruise friends again?

I just went on my first cruise last month and it was soo much fun.
It was seriously like the best 6 days of my life.
I met some of the greatest people i have ever met and we got sooo close.
Especially me and this one boy..

anyways, i was wondering if anyone on here has also become really close to teens you met on a cruise of yours and if youve actually seen them again in person and kept in touch.
or if you guys kept in touch for a while but eventually stopped talking.
or... whatever.

thanks
i'm new btw. I'm Daisy. :]

pead July 11th, 2008 07:47 PM

hi daisy welcome 2 cruisemates im eli aka the old pead

anyway yea i have seen acouple of ppl from my previous cruises. i usually go on 1 a year w the same group n the others just live by i guess u gotta get lucky with that kinda stuff

xDaisy18 July 11th, 2008 07:53 PM

ohh okay thanks.
btw, whats "pead"
hah, sorry if its a stupid question...

pead July 11th, 2008 07:57 PM

well its a rlly long long long story if u wana hear ur welcome 2 im me

Ainsley July 11th, 2008 08:52 PM

i have been on 7 cruises and i have only met up with one person after the cruise. i was acutally the cruise i recently went on, but other than that no they all lived too far away. there is a possibility though =)

and btw welcome to cruisemates im ainsley.

Zach17 July 11th, 2008 09:14 PM

i did! i met up wit my freind joey and i saw a kid on my last cruise that was on my first cruise haha

xDaisy18 July 11th, 2008 09:59 PM

Oh thats tight.
thanks for answering :]

well, i really hope i see the 3 people i got the closest to again. 2 of them live in the states but one lives in england :/
anyways, Hi Ainsley!

Ainsley July 11th, 2008 10:28 PM

your welcome. and i hope everything works out. if not you can always keep in touch by calls, texts, and online =) i still talk to people from a cruise 2 years ago online =)

Zach17 July 11th, 2008 11:16 PM

ye i still got PCD from liberty of the seas

xDaisy18 July 13th, 2008 11:20 AM

hahah
same here!
i still have PCD.
i think it'll go away once school starts and im really busy and always with friends and stuff.
i mean, now that its summer i have a lot of time alone at home cause i hardly ever have rides anywhere, so i think about my cruise alot...

jersey_girl_at_heart July 13th, 2008 11:54 AM

I still talk to a lot of my cruise friends like on AIM, facebook, cell phone and the ones that live close I still visit or they visit me. Its really cool but then we always get sad we arent on the cruise.

And yeah PCD is deff the worst for me in the summer...but luckily my cruise is in 27 days =]

mmerali July 13th, 2008 12:52 PM

First, welcome to cruisemates! I'm Michael.

Second, yes, you do meet your cruise friends again, sometimes by just arranging a meeting, other times by sheer luck of picking the same cruise. From the 14 cruises I've been on, I have kept in touch with some people from as far back as 2004, and even dated this one girl from one of my two cruises in 2005. All in all, I still talk to people from past cruises; its always fun to keep in touch with the people you spent X amount of days with

Alex7592 July 13th, 2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmerali
other times by sheer luck of picking the same cruise

Is that even possible? has anyone ever gone on a second cruise with a person without planning it?!

jersey_girl_at_heart July 13th, 2008 02:31 PM

Actually I have. On Voyager of the Seas in 2005 I met this guy Robbie and he was from Scotland. And then on Explorer of the Seas in 2007, when using cruise critic his older brother and I started talking, and after talking we later realized I met his brother on Voyager of the Seas..it was cool. Because then I got to hang out with Robbie again..and they were at the dinner table right next to us!

mmerali July 13th, 2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex7592
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmerali
other times by sheer luck of picking the same cruise

Is that even possible? has anyone ever gone on a second cruise with a person without planning it?!

*Stands up and raises his hand.* Right here. Happened before.

Enchantment 04 July 13th, 2008 07:08 PM

Happened to me too... usually if you go on the same cruise during the same week two years in a row, you will find someone you know from the previous cruise.

Alex7592 July 13th, 2008 09:00 PM

that must be really confusing...

I would be like... is it them? or not?
and i probably wouldnt even remember

c_m_alex July 13th, 2008 09:34 PM

nowadays its obviously super easy to stay in touch with cruise friends. i remember when i made good friends on cruises when i was younger we actully went to visit some of them. i guess because when your younger your parents sort of become friends looking after you. so we drove a loooong way to pittsburgh (sp?) pennsylvania to visit this one friend. but we lost touch after a while...

sameee395 July 14th, 2008 12:26 AM

yup i haveee!! it's because all my cruises have left out of nj (or ny) so we all mooooostly live around here. i'm not like best friends with any of them but i've seen people from some of my different cruises a few timess. it just depends on the people you meet and how close you aree

KTS1193 July 14th, 2008 02:50 AM

Yea i've hung out with one person from my cruise but I keep in touch with alot of people from my cruises! My two friends from MI are actually coming down to visit!

and this even crazier then seeing a person from the same cruise on another cruise the next year! my friend David[from my last cruise] was in Hawaii he told me was walking the street and saw a girl named Hannah, who was on the cruise I took with David. How crazy is that, they had to be in the exact place at the exact time in HAWAII and they were!! SMALL WORLD!

lovehatetragedy July 15th, 2008 10:22 PM

Hey. I went on a cruise over a year and a half ago and I still talk to almost everyone I met. I've hung out with a few of them too. One lives like three towns over and she drives, so we chill alot. One lives a few hours away, but he comes and stays around here every like six months. Its great. I still talk to my friend I met that lives like 13 hours away. Once we both are old enough we plan to meet up halfway. Hopefully we are still as close then as we are now.

So if you meet some people that you really like and you actually want to keep in touch with them, you will. :]

xDaisy18 July 15th, 2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Hey. I went on a cruise over a year and a half ago and I still talk to almost everyone I met. I've hung out with a few of them too. One lives like three towns over and she drives, so we chill alot. One lives a few hours away, but he comes and stays around here every like six months. Its great. I still talk to my friend I met that lives like 13 hours away. Once we both are old enough we plan to meet up halfway. Hopefully we are still as close then as we are now.

So if you meet some people that you really like and you actually want to keep in touch with them, you will. :]
ohhh thats awesome! thanks for sharing. :D

Alex7592 July 15th, 2008 10:33 PM

Yea I met someone I really liked that lives in Sweden

I dont know how the whole driving halfway thing would work...

lovehatetragedy July 15th, 2008 10:37 PM

Yeah i know it sounds pretty far fetched and i dont actually think it'll happen. But it'd be nice to see him again. :]

Djcarolina July 15th, 2008 10:37 PM

Of course! I;ve ended up by accident on cruises with people i've met before and had awesome times! Including 4 of which, where the person was a ...girl :D

And the girl from my last one, some of u know the story about that one anyhow, i see her all the time since she lives all of 10 minutes from me. Makes for some fun.

Keeping in touch is fun and easy.

Heck i even have people who know me that talk to other CM members about me...right zach?

GC*MONEY July 15th, 2008 10:40 PM

thats tite