CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   cuba (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/353632-cuba.html)

Zach17 July 17th, 2008 01:08 PM

cuba

does anyone know if the us is going to lift the embargo?

i really want to go back there and it would be a deff hotspot for all cruises

Alex7592 July 17th, 2008 03:51 PM

I dont think it will happen any time soon...

dudestir127 July 17th, 2008 04:14 PM

I hope so, but doubt it. I read somewhere that the cruise lines would love to be allowed offer Havana as a port of call from the US.

pead July 17th, 2008 06:14 PM

havana is the most disgusting place in the world y would any cruise line wana go there??

Roger91 July 17th, 2008 06:31 PM

pead you stupid **** have you ever even been there?

pead July 17th, 2008 06:57 PM

dnt have 2 therz a reason y my uncle left on a raft n dont call me studid therz no reason 4 that

Djcarolina July 17th, 2008 06:58 PM

No, but he's probably seen some tv shows and read on the internet therefore pead is now a Cuba expert. Hell why don't you just title yourself the port of call encyclopedia. Now i'm taking a shot @ u :D

I doubt there will be any travel to cuba soon, especially by ship. I've been before when i was younger (12), and in many aspects its kind of like Nassau, but with a latin flair. Cuba has one of the richest cultures in the world and despite the tight government its somewhere everyone needs to visit sometime in their life. The simplistic elegance of the island's latin culture mixed with just enough touristy pampering really provides for an amazing experience. More than anything though, know how to dance, music is really a big part of their culture and if u wanna have a good time, know some merengue. The newer dirty dancing does a good job of portraying cuba as we'd experience it for those of you who have never been.

pead July 17th, 2008 07:12 PM

wtfff y is every1 against me

Djcarolina July 17th, 2008 07:15 PM

because that was an unintelligent thing to say

dudestir127 July 17th, 2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djcarolina
Cuba has one of the richest cultures in the world

That alone would make me want to go there. I'm really not much of a "beach and suntanning" person, but I really enjoy learning about and experiencing different cultures.

mmerali July 17th, 2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djcarolina
because that was an unintelligent thing to say

Agreed. I think you stated your case fairly well Ryan

Zach17 July 19th, 2008 04:01 PM

yeah i wana go ralyy bad

Djcarolina July 19th, 2008 09:29 PM

I don't think rallying in cuba is an intelligent idea.....

jersey_girl_at_heart July 19th, 2008 10:49 PM

I really hope they do...because it would be really cool to visit.

My neighbor and her brother, sister and parents were born in Cuba. They left when they were really young..they came over with nothing. And now they are extremely wealthy and stuff so they like it here a lot better. But when I talk to them about it they want to go back to visit..they said it was gorgeous. And they want to take my neighbors daughter(one of my best friends) because she was obviously born here since shes like my age..but they can't until this whole thing goes away.

dudestir127 July 20th, 2008 12:38 AM

You can fly there through Canada, on AirCanada. I found on AirCanada's website, it's about a 3 1/2 hour flight to Havana from Toronto. I also tried from Montreal, but that had me change planes in Toronto.

However, considering the sorry state the airline industry is in right now, I think I'll wait until I can cruise there.

Alex7592 July 20th, 2008 09:49 PM

You can also go through Mexico, but the thing is that when you get back into the US, if there is any sign of you being in Cuba you will get a large fee.

Djcarolina July 21st, 2008 08:04 PM

So i take it going to cuba and coming home wearing a shirt with castor's face on it, and with a cuban flag sticking out of ur hand made bag full of cigars wouldn't be a good idea?