Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanksgiving Cruise Questions....

Yea i am fairly new to this site and i have never really introduced myself. I am Jeremy and i live in Atlanta, GA. I have never been on a cruise butI have ALWAYS wanted to go. I am REALLY jealous of all you for all the cruises you have been on. But finally I convinced my parents to go on on a cruise for this Thanksgiving which is awesome. We have decided to go on Carnival Glory from Nov 22-29 of 2008. I have NO idea what to expect despite all my research. If you can help wit any of these questions that would be great....:: How is the Teen Program/Club on Glory?? Is the ship itself nice?? Is Thanksgiving a good time to cruise?? Are there gonna be a lot of people cruisin during Thanksgiving?? Any other information would be appreciated.. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:58 AM
First Mate

My first cruise was over thanksgiving

There are a bit more people during thanksgiving. There will be more people than on a normal week but less than during spring break or the summer. Dont worry, you will have plenty of people to hang out with.

The only thing different that the ship does during thanksgiving is that they have a special menu that day.

have fun! thanksgiving is a great time to cruise.

Upcoming Cruises:
*crys*

Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor - 2008
Carnival Pride - 2008
Adventure of the Seas - 2007
Carnival Triumph - 2006
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Welcome once again Jeremy.
First, a little history lesson:

Carnival Glory is a Conquest Class ship built back in 2003; she features most of the basic Conquest Class amenities, but as far as I can see, has not been outfitted with the large movie screen over the pool deck nor a mini-golf course (both standard on the two newer class ships; Freedom and Liberty). She does however have all the basic amenities including a Club O2, which is Carnival's idea of a teen club gone to sea. Usually, most activities for teens take place around the "club". The pools, the arcade, and all the other fun stuff (basketball court, spa with full gym, running track, food, etc...) all remain there as well.

As for your sailing date, it is the start of the winter season and therefore you can expect a larger amount of people onboard as opposed to say sailing in the middle of September, but you wouldn't have as many people as if you were to say sail over spring break where the ships tend to be completely booked out. Nonetheless, you can definitely expect to meet quite a few people on the trip as it will be over Thanksgiving.
Finally, as for expectations, you can definitely expect to have a good time, you can expect to meet people, you can expect to party, and you can expect to kick back relax, and be able to look back on one of the most amazing vacations ever (well, maybe not, but you can at least expect to enjoy it enough to do it again).
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ok cool thanks for all the information i really appreciate it. Yea my family and i can only depart on either Nov 22 or Nov 23 and oly from port canaveral,(or anywhere close to ATL). so our options are limited. We are just lookin for a really large ship and ideally a new one. Do you guys have any recommendations for a Ship?? I was also lookin at Royal Caribbeans Mariner of the Seas which leaves Nov 23. Which ship do you think would be overall nicer/larger/newer??? Are there any other ships i should look at??
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

As a first cruise, Carnival is definitely the way to go. You'll find yourself overwhelmed with things to do on other lines like RCCL; I know it took me several cruises with Royal Caribbean to actually find the right balance of what to do during the week in order to get to everything.
Also, cost is higher on Royal Caribbean (another thing you might want to consider if you're on a budget). So I say, go for the Carnival.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)