CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Chance of being Sea Sick?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/356604-chance-being-sea-sick.html)

HotSauce44 September 25th, 2008 01:03 PM

Chance of being Sea Sick??

Since i have never beeon a cruise i have no idea what its really like. My families main concern is SEA SICKNESS.... We ae going on Carnival Glory and i was wondering what chance we had at becoming sea sick??? Our room is on deck one and mid-ship soo i figure that is good. But yea will we get sea sick on such a large ship in November??

cruiseeeeaddict September 25th, 2008 01:38 PM

On any cruise there is always a chance for sea-sickness, especially if you or your family is prone to it on smaller boats, ferry's, etc. If you are concerned about getting sea sick, just get the patch and put it on before you get on the ship. Sea bands also work well. I've worn them on all of my cruises and have never had a problem.

Hope this helps a little!

HotSauce44 September 25th, 2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiseeeeaddict
On any cruise there is always a chance for sea-sickness, especially if you or your family is prone to it on smaller boats, ferry's, etc. If you are concerned about getting sea sick, just get the patch and put it on before you get on the ship. Sea bands also work well. I've worn them on all of my cruises and have never had a problem.

Hope this helps a little!

Thanks for the info. Yea i am not prone to sea sickness at all. I have been deep sea fishing 8 times and thoseboats are tiny and have never gotten sick. Just my mom is a litle worrried. Yea i heard those bands are good. But in general, are the seas Calm at the end of November??

cruiseeeeaddict September 25th, 2008 02:33 PM

I've been at the beginning of December and the seas were extremely smooth. However, the captain said that we were very lucky because they are not always like that. I guess it just depends on how the weather is.

c_m_alex September 25th, 2008 07:21 PM

sea bands are my life! well..not really. but i use them ALL the time on cruises. even if its just a tad rocky, i put them on. that way, i don't have to worry about anything.

i rarely get sea sick, but if i do its on the small ships i've been on. bigger cruise ships, you probably won't have a problem on.

Ainsley September 25th, 2008 07:26 PM

honestly i think the patches are the best thing to get. you just change them out every 3 days and its out of sight out of mind. i get seasick very easily and the bands just got on my nerves. just tell her to go to the doctor and get a perscription for the patches. as far as the seas i think it just varies. you may have smooth sailing like no other and then again it may be rough. you will never be able to guess until closer to time.

eastonh4779 September 25th, 2008 09:48 PM

I have never gotten sick my mom has but she gets sick on small boats too. Iv been on boats my whole life so rockiness doesnt effect me at all. But deff jus get the patch its not like ull be the only one wearing it. So many ppl have it and you dont even notice it. BEtter safe then srry

mmerali September 26th, 2008 06:59 AM

Only took seasickness meds once in all my cruises and that was preemptively because everyone started getting sick and I wasn't about to let that ruin my night out.
It got really bouncy around Costa Rica/Panama.

Zach17 September 27th, 2008 01:51 PM

just dont be a p***y alot of people do but its how u handle it, and if you just dont let it get to you youll forget about it. its what i did my first cruise and i have never even felt queezy on my other cruises since but the glor is a big ship, but beware the western caribbean is less rocky if at all because on the eastern the ship makes her way thruogh the atlantic half of the cruise

HotSauce44 September 27th, 2008 02:22 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I have a lot of options which is great.

Kristina99 September 30th, 2008 02:07 PM

I dont think you will get too sea sick, if at all. You are sailing from Florida....so the seas are generally smooth. Lets just hope there wont be any hurricanes at this time!!!

dancetilyadropx3 October 4th, 2008 08:36 PM

If you have been on a deep sea fishing boat and didn't get sea sick you should be fine. I went deep sea fishing and I hated the rocking of the boat and I slept the whole time, but I have never gotten sick on a cruise ship even when it was really rocky.