Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mariebabyy
Default first cruise.

i'm going on my first cruise next summer on Carnival Valor. I'm gonna be 15 and i have no idea what to expect.

any advice/tips?

Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor - July '09

Booked Cruises:
Carnival Splendor - October '09
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Captain

Welcome to cruisemates. I'm Tim. I'm in college right now studying how ships are designed and built.

Carnival has an awesome youth program, for you at 15 y/o, the O2 club. You'll get a chance to meet and hang out with others your own age. They have organized activities in O2, or you could join the "regular" activities that are open to anyone of all ages.

For the ports, do a little research beforehand. You can buy shore excursions through the cruise line, but there is a chance that you'll be able to do whatever or go wherever on your own, through local agencies, which saves a lot of money, and the money goes directly into the local economy.

Let's see, expect the floor to roll around a little while you're walking, you might want to bring motion-sickness medicine. Since it's your first cruise, I would suggest paying attention during the lifeboat drill. Don't rule out going to the "regular" activities. Karaoke seems popular lately on cruises.

Above all, have fun. There's a reason why Carnival calls their ships the "Fun Ships". By the end of the cruise, you're not going to want to leave.

Past Cruises (all except one from NYC)
Carnival Triumph to Canada: August 1999
Carnival Victory to Canada: July 2000
Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda: July 2001 AND July 2002
Celebrity Galaxy to Caribbean (from Baltimore): July 2003
Voyager of the Seas to Caribbean: July 2004
Crown Princess to Caribbean: July 2006
Carnival Victory to Canada: August 2007
Carnival Miracle to Caribbean: May 2008

Future Cruises:
Staten Island Ferry, I mean what else in NYC is free?
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

Hey. Welcome to cruisemates! My name is Ainsley. I have been on 7 cruises, 5 of which have been on Carnival. I will be sailing again on Carnival in just 4 weeks. Tim is exactly right Carnival's ships are "the fun ships" for a reason. I LOVE Carnival, it is my favorite cruiseline. Club O2 is an awesome program. Since your going in the summer expect a good amount of teens from 15-17. Carnival Valor is one of the lines newer ships in the Conquest class. Do some research on the ship such as the layout of each deck before you leave. Get a good idea where the things are that you might be interested in, so that when you get onboard you wont get lost. Definitely get into the activites with club o2 the first day so that way its easier to meet people. I have alot more to say but I'm sure other cruisemates memebers will chime in as well. =)
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Hey!

welcome! Im going to be on the Valor in a few weeks! I wish you were going at the same time, haha. Im excited, Ill definitely let u know how much fun I had when I come back. Here's a tip: At the beginning of the week go to the Fish and Chips which is a floor above all of the other lido deck food stations because not that many people will know about it.

FAQ:

Oh my god, am I going to meet any teens?!
-You are going on a large ship during the summer, yes there will be more then plenty.

Will I get seasick?
-You probably won't! The ships are so large you will probably forget that your on a ship (except for occasional rough sea days). If anything, its fun to be rocking back and forth. Of course you might want to play it safe and use seasickness stuff (I'm pretty sure the ship provides it...)

Have fun!

Upcoming Cruises:
*crys*

Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor - 2008
Carnival Pride - 2008
Adventure of the Seas - 2007
Carnival Triumph - 2006
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Hey! My names Katie!

(:
I've been on 5 cruises, four of which were on Carnival! (:
Carnival by far is the best cruise line ever! I have had an amazing time on ALL of my cruises. Although, if you don't have a great time on your first cruise don't think all cruises are like that you may have just had a bad group of teens. Although since you are going on a cruise in the summer time there will be PLENTY of teens which means you get to pick who you want to hang out with. Make sure you go to Club o2 the first night so you can be there for the "ice breaker" type thing your teen director may have. Be aware that some teens may not show up for the teen thing the first night, and once you get a group together you WILL meet more teens you haven't met yet later on in the cruise.

I would bring sea sickness patches, because on rough days I do tend to get a bit sea sick and the patches REALLY help! One patch last around 2-3 days so you won't need that many. You just put it on behind your ear and very soon after your sea sickness begins to go away.

Cruises are amazing vacations, and if I could pick any vacation available I would MOST DEF. choose a cruise! (: Just be careful because you will get addicted! So pray your parents love crusies so you can go on them ALL the time. (:

HAVE FUN! I'm sure you'll have an amazing cruise.

Past Cruises:
7/30/01- Carnival Ecstasy(Catalina & Ensenada)
4/5/03-Carnival Sensation(Grand Cay/Cozumel)
4/4/05-Carnival Fascination(Keys & Cozumel)
3/31/07-Carnival Liberty(Eastern Caribbean)
4/5/08-Liberty of the Seas
4/4/09-Independence of the seas
4/3/10- Carnival Dream
4/2/11-Oasis of the Seas(Western Caribbean)
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mariebabyy

thanks guys

i really can't wait to go on this cruise.
i've been waiting for a couple years now.
my little brother didn't want to go on the first one but this year my mom decided if he didn't want to come this year then she'll make it a early 16th birthday present.

and if anyone has ever been on the valor do you guys have any favorite spots or things to do?

oh and thanks again for all the helpful info.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor - July '09

Booked Cruises:
Carnival Splendor - October '09
Old September 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Been on two sister ships to the Valor, and since the Conquest Class is just copies, I can probably give you a few good spots.
Decks 6 up to 8 then 10 through 12 all have a small deck up forward that's pretty private and good for sneaking off
The teen club is on deck 5 midship (Promenade)
Pizza on deck 11 aft is absolutely amazing (Lido)
Soft serve is also on deck 11 aft (also Lido)
The Eagles Lounge on deck 5 aft tends to be empty a lot (Promenade)
Go to one Vegas style show, and the R-rated comedy and you've seen them all.
Deck 13 aft has a great spot behind the smokestack where there tends to be a large pile of deck chairs at night. (Spa)
Mini golf is only accessible through the Basketball court which is located just behind the Movie Screen (Sun)
Early/Late Early dinner seating is recommended if you like to hang out/change/get ready before the real nightlife starts
Boarding is on Deck 3. The exterior deck you pass on your way in is only visible that once; it becomes inaccessible for the remainder of the cruise.

Those are my tips. If you want to hear more or have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a message on aim (nycboy9113) or private message.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
Old September 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Captain

Well I've never been on the Valor, but I did almost get run over by it in the US Virgin Islands. I was on the Miracle, and had just left on a sailboat racing shore excursion. We were sailing out under wind power while the Valor was arriving. It was scary, exciting, adrenaline-pumping, and fun all at the same time.

Past Cruises (all except one from NYC)
Carnival Triumph to Canada: August 1999
Carnival Victory to Canada: July 2000
Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda: July 2001 AND July 2002
Celebrity Galaxy to Caribbean (from Baltimore): July 2003
Voyager of the Seas to Caribbean: July 2004
Crown Princess to Caribbean: July 2006
Carnival Victory to Canada: August 2007
Carnival Miracle to Caribbean: May 2008

Future Cruises:
Staten Island Ferry, I mean what else in NYC is free?
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Valor

Hey whats up, im kyle and im pretty new to this cruisemates thing, but since i love cruises so much i thought i might just see what its all about. As i sit here in my dorm room i look back on all the memories i had when i went on my cruise on the Valor. Seriouly that was the cruise that will stay with me for ever. I met so many people and had so many great experience that you only have when you go on a cruise. I hope you enjoy your cruise and come back with many memories that i had. Enjoy and have fun.
Kyle