CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Carnival Freedom - Feb 14, 09 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/359201-carnival-freedom-feb-14-09-a.html)

Rawr Man December 15th, 2008 05:07 PM

Carnival Freedom - Feb 14, 09

(and this is my first post)

Hey -- just seeing how many of yall are going to be on the cruise in february.

We'll be coming from GA (im the only one thats a teen tho)

im 16 (turning 17 in April)

and hoping it wont be a bust with me being the only person in O2.
This will be my...hmm.. 4th cruise i think.

dancetilyadropx3 December 15th, 2008 05:12 PM

im not going
but its over valentines day how cute!

Rawr Man December 15th, 2008 05:38 PM

yea.
my parents have a knack for always pickin a cruise around that time in Feb.

the first one ( i think it was on the Glory) was super lame.
i dont think O2 was actually on that ship though. just a dance floor in the arcade. Was only about 4 people worth hangin out with. Everyone else (the other 8) just cabin hopped.

the next year - same week. it got wayy better. club was nice. our gruop of 12 was coo. still talk to them today (was back in 07) This was on the imagination

and my third one (which was the last one) was on the Destiny and... pffttt it definitely was the best one yet. it was in the summer though but its a week i still have after effects from. It was a great ship. ALOT of teens (maybe near 200 i think it was) Great O2 Director / DJ. Lots of cool people - all was great plus my whole family was there..even though we really didnt hang out - it just made it all the better.

and so im hoping this 4th cruise experience can continue on with my good streak.

dancetilyadropx3 December 15th, 2008 05:46 PM

Yeah im sure you will have fun! Where does it go?

Turbotw December 16th, 2008 12:44 PM

Carnival Freedom will be hoppin' with teens on that date.... but you will mostly be with Yankee's...

The northern kids all have a "winter-break" for a week around that date so alot of them choose to cruise. Some GA counties have a break--mine did (Fayette)--but most don't around the south. So expect to hear alot of accents... :wink:

Have a great time! Feb cruises have been my best, and ALWAYS a good time.

dancetilyadropx3 December 16th, 2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbotw

The northern kids all have a "winter-break" for a week around that date so alot of them choose to cruise. Some GA counties have a break--mine did (Fayette)--but most don't around the south. So expect to hear alot of accents... :wink:

none of the schools around me have a break around then....
bummmer i wish i did

Rawr Man December 16th, 2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Carnival Freedom will be hoppin' with teens on that date.... but you will mostly be with Yankee's...

lol thats no real problem here since i was born in NY
buh the itinerary so far is

Day Port Arrive Depart
Day 1 Fort Lauderdale 4:00 PM
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Cozumel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 4 At Sea
Day 5 Limon 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Day 6 Colon 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 At Sea
Day 9 Fort Lauderdale
http://img.affordabletours.com/Affor...s_Map/9701.jpg

Zach17 December 16th, 2008 09:44 PM

LMAO I THINK PEAD IS GOING ON THIS CRUISE. but yeah itll be awsome, new ship, great itenerary, popular port, carnival all equal a large group of teens

Turbotw December 16th, 2008 09:46 PM

9 Days that is legit...

and Amanda I mean like New York/NJ area for the whole winter break thing

Ainsley December 16th, 2008 10:49 PM

ahh i loveee that itinerary. i did it almost 3 years ago on the legend and it was amazing. your definitely going to have a good time =)

dancetilyadropx3 December 17th, 2008 05:31 PM

Oh okay. I was like hmmm never heard of that before.

haha pead was tellin me about some cruise he was going on. i dont remember if it was this one or not?

Alex7592 December 17th, 2008 05:56 PM

pead!!!!!!
haha

KTS1193 December 17th, 2008 06:13 PM

when i was talking to i think ainsley about him once alonggggg time ago in txts i just entered pead into the phones dictionary so now everytime i enter in read i always accidently send it with it saying pead. haha

and people are like wtf?!

yeaa. I live in GA.
no "winter" break for me. :(

i wishhhh.

Ainsley December 17th, 2008 07:25 PM

hahaha thats funny katie. sounds like something you would do but you have to admit that was a funny conversation. and i dont have "winter break" i have mardi gras break. we generally get 3 days off but we dont have to go the other 2 days so its a tonnnn of fun =)

dancetilyadropx3 December 18th, 2008 03:00 PM

I talked to Pead yesterday. He is going on one over spring break not over Valentines day ! bummer you dont get to meet him lol

Alex7592 December 18th, 2008 08:42 PM

i get 2 weeks off for winter break :)

dancetilyadropx3 December 19th, 2008 03:26 PM

I get two weeks off too. It starts today :)

KTS1193 December 19th, 2008 06:14 PM

i get three weeks off.

it started tuesday.

Alex7592 December 19th, 2008 08:34 PM

tuesday? did u have to go to school monday??

KTS1193 December 19th, 2008 08:47 PM

yeaaa.
it OFFICIALY started Wed.
but I didnt go on Tuesday haha

Turbotw December 19th, 2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTS1193
yeaaa.

You are a bad girl. :D

KTS1193 December 20th, 2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

yeaaa.

You are a bad girl. :D

haha (:
then i guess you like bad girls. hahah

but nahh, im just smart and exempted finals.

jersey_girl_at_heart December 20th, 2008 11:56 AM

Katie - you're exempted from finals??? Lucky..only seniors are exempted and if its a full year class you are only exempted from the final not midterm. And if its half a year then you're excepted from either the midterm or final depending when it is...

Oh hey not fair...I'm still in school...I have a 1/2 day Tuesday! But I had a snow day yesterday because it was horrible out!

KTS1193 December 20th, 2008 01:13 PM

ours is.

If you have an A in the class you can miss 4 days a quarter.
If you have a B you can miss 2 days a quarter.
If you have a C you have to have perfect attendance.

F- You gotta take it.

c_m_alex December 21st, 2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jersey_girl_at_heart

Oh hey not fair...I'm still in school...I have a 1/2 day Tuesday! But I had a snow day yesterday because it was horrible out!

same here. we have a long christmas break this year. and a week off in february as well as a week off in april.

jersey_girl_at_heart December 21st, 2008 07:57 PM

New Jersey schools suck...we always have the least amount of days off! And this year they took away our February break. I'm so sad..they said we would get out earlier...but um we don't. But now my school doesn't allow us to carry jackets or any type of drink around. Luckily I only have like 6 more months in this school...

Turbotw December 22nd, 2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

ours is.

F- You gotta take it.

Is there a limit to how many exams you can exempt? And are you allowed to exempt AP classes?

When I was in high school we were allowed to exempt a maximum of two exams if we had a 95 or higher in those classes. And we weren't allowed to exempt the winter exams of AP classes.

KTS1193 December 22nd, 2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ours is.

F- You gotta take it.

Is there a limit to how many exams you can exempt? And are you allowed to exempt AP classes?

When I was in high school we were allowed to exempt a maximum of two exams if we had a 95 or higher in those classes. And we weren't allowed to exempt the winter exams of AP classes.

We can exempt all 4 of our exams(we have block scheduling). We do have to take post tests and EOCTs though.. but those dont count as finals. Well some teachers are nice and DO count those as the final so then you dont have to come on the "Finals Testing Days". For AP, we have a post test but its not like a hard AP test its basically the test they give to everyone, even the not so smart people.

Zach17 December 22nd, 2008 10:09 PM

dang, we can exhimpt any class we have a 90 or higher, but if oyu have a failing grade, they can boost it haha i dont but just sayin LOL

c_m_alex December 23rd, 2008 10:44 PM

in my school, only juniors and seniors are exempt but only if they have an A. but if you're in AP, you still have to take all the AP tests. so that part stinks...