Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to cruiseeeeaddict
Default Navigator of the Seas Review

Ok, I think I got everything.

Navigtor of the Seas Review
2 Night Bahamas Cruise

Itinerary
Day 1- Depart Ft. Lauderdale
Day 2- Coco Cay, Bahamas
Day 3- Return Ft. Lauderdale

Pre Cruise
My mom & I flew into Ft. Lauderdale a day ahead of the cruise due to the weather. We always fly southwest, and the flight arrived 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time. Upon arriving at the airport, we claimed our luggage withen about 10 minutes, and went outside to wait for the car. We stayed at the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. The hotel is right on A1A, a main street in Ft. Lauderdale. There are shops & resturants all withen walking distance, and the beach is right across the street. The hotel is very basic, but very nice at the same time. There is one resturant which serves all three meals, a pool, gym, outside bar/sitting area which also serves appetizers, and free internet access in all rooms with 3 complementary computers on the second level for all guests to use. We walked across the street to a resturant called Coconuts for dinner that night. That is one of our favorite resturants in Ft. Lauderdale. Although the food is a little pricey, you deffinitly get what you pay for.

Embarkation
The limo arrived at the hotel to pick us up around 10:45 the morning of the cruise. Friends that we’d met previously on a cruise were waiting for us in the car. We arrived the port about 11 and the whole process went pretty quick. We were on the ship by 11:30.

Food
We ate lunch the first day in the Windjammer. There was a wide variety of food, so there was something for everyone. The food was great, but very basic. For dinner both nights we ate in the main dining room. The food & service was amazing as usual. The menu had your basic steak, chicken, fish, and pasta to choose from every night along with a wide variety of “different” appetizers, soups, salada, main courses, and desserts. The first night the wait staff did their little parade/singing and the second night the kitchen staff did theirs. Our waiter & assistant were both excellent and more then willing to accomadate everyone. There was also food available all the time at Cafe Promenade which offered pizza, sandwiches, and small desserts.

Activities
Seeing that this was only a 2 night cruise there wasn’t enough time to see & do everything. It helped that I’ve been on Navigator twice before, and the sister ship Mariner so I already knew where everything was. The cruise director and staff did a fantastic job of planning activities for everyone in such a short time. All the main activities that you’d find on a 5-7 night cruise were held on here such as the belly flop contest, mr. sexy legs, bingo,trivia, a headliner show, a production show, ice show, welcome aboard parade, and much more. They also had scheduled activities for children/teens. Also, the ships photographers took photos both days & had them all ready by 10pm on the final night. I was shocked on what a good job they did having thousands of photos taken, developed, and ready for purchase in such a short time.

Coco Cay
In case you don’t know, Coco Cay is Royal Caribbean’s private island in the Bahamas. The ship anchored around 8:00 and the tendering began between 8:30 – 9:00. The final tender back to the ship was at 4:15pm. There were a few excursions offered in Coco Cay such as snorkling, scuba diving, kayaks, wave runners, parasailing, the water park, giant water slide, and the floating beach mat. There were a ton of chairs available for you to use on the beach at your leisure. The straw market had a variety of souviners at reasonable prices. There was also hair braiding in two locations. RCI put on a barbeque from 11:00 – 1:00 which had a variety of chicken wings, burgers, hot dogs, ribs, salads, and desserts. There were bars located around all areas of the island to get a drink, along with many staff members walking around selling Coco Locos (the island special).

My mom, her friend Laura, and I were the only people in our little group to get off at this island. When we first got off, we got Coco Locos & went and sat in the sun for a little while. It was too cold to go in the water, but the sun felt nice. We then ate the barbeque, and went to explore the island. There were wild chickens all over the place. After exploring for a little while, we went to the straw market & got our hair braided. We finished off our time on the island by sitting in the sun for a little while longer then went back to the ship around 3:30. I personally liked Coco Cay much better then Labadee, which is Royal Caribbean’s other private island.

Disembarkation
The people we were with wanted to stay on the ship until the last minute which wasn’t the best idea since there’s nothing to do but sit & wait. Breakfast was served in the main dining room & Windjammer from 6:00 – 8:30am. We got off the ship about 9:45 and were outside waiting by 10:00. The customs process went extremely smooth and quick.

Post Cruise
We stayed one more night in Ft. Lauderdale back at the Courtyard. We dropped our bags at the hotel, and went to sit on the beach for the day. We left the beach around 3pm to go shopping and get me a henna tattoo. After that, we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and go back across the street to Coconuts again. We went back to the rooms early that night since we had to be at the airport for 8:30.

Other Notes
-We got to see crew that we’d met on Navigator for Christmas ’07 which was great. It’s amazing how they remembered us after seeing thousdands of different people every week.

- Obtaining alcohol was pretty easy as long as you didn't look too young.

- There was constantly people wiping down the railings, elevatiors, etc…

- We always tip the cabin attendant when we first meet him/her (this time her). She was more then happy to accomadate us in any way she could, which included bringing robes & always leaving extra towels.

- This was the first time on cruise where they didn’t have hand sanatizer/wipes in front of the dining room & Windjammer buffet. I was surprised to see this.

- The weather was rather cold (30’s at night, mid 60’s during the day) considering we were in Florida & the Bahamas, which was a little disappointing but I understant you can’t control the weather.

- There was a ton of small children, and about 20 teens that I saw. However, when I went to check out Fuel the few people that were there were just sitting doing nothing so I decided against going since I wanted to make the most of my time.

Overall this was one of my best cruises yet. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Past Cruises
Navigator of the Seas - 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010
Mariner of the Seas - 2007
Liberty of the Seas - 2008
Carnival Liberty - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 B2B
Carnival Miracle - April & June 2011
Carnival Dream - 2011, 2012
Carnival Glory - June & September 2012
Carnival Imagination - 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Admiral

i forgot to mention - i'm gonna be on the travel channel!!!

they were filming an episode of Great Cruises. they chose 2 families randomly and followed them around for the cruise, and then the next 4 day cruise. when i was getting my hair braided in Coco Cay one of their kids was too and she was in front of me, so i'll be in the background. i'm pretty excitied :]

Past Cruises
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

awh thats so awesome. im glad to hear someone else has been on navigator. i went on it last summer and it was amazing.
were andy and kristy the teen directors?
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Back in Summer of '04 I was on the Navigator for a "7 day" Eastern Caribbean cruise that quickly became a 9 day cruise (never thought I'd be thankful for a hurricane). Glad to hear its still just as amazing and fun as it was back then. Also glad to hear you had an amazing time!
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Passenger

Cool sounds like fun! i want to go on a warm weather cruise or somewhere with beaches!!!!!!!

Future Cruises<!3
Radiance Of The Seas July 6 2009
Past Cruises<!3
One a very long time ago!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaisy18
awh thats so awesome. im glad to hear someone else has been on navigator. i went on it last summer and it was amazing.
were andy and kristy the teen directors?
i have no idea.. the only time i went in fuel i didn't see any teen director and i left after like 2 minutes because everyone was sitting there just kind of looking at each other lol

Past Cruises
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

oh really?! haha wow thats so different than my cruise experience. i was like always in there or with the people i met in there. it was amazing. the games and activities we played were so much fun and we really got to know one another (there was a small group of us. less than 15 teens!)
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Admiral

yeah it was deffinitly different. in the past i've always went to fuel with everyone, then go off with a small group towards the end of the night/early morning (whatever you call it). it was weird not hanging around with teens on the cruise & staying with the people i was traveling with.

Past Cruises
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to c_m_alex

glad you had fun! although they're nothing like 7-day/9-day etc. cruises, 2-day/3-day cruises are nice weekend gettaways. you can forget about reality for a couple days and THAT is very nice.